Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

Monster Addict Fallout 3 DeathWolfXX's Avatar

Fallout 3

I was surprised there wasn't a thread for this game. It's amazing. I'm playing it on the PC and it's eating up a good amount of my hours lately. I've currently played through the Main Questline as well as The Pitt, Operation Anchorage (that was amazing), and Point Lookout. I've got many many mods for it (as the PC version IS the game. If you bought it for anything else, facepalm. NOW)

Why is the PC version the best? Third Party Mods. They make the game playable endlessly. I could go on about third-party mods, but I'll let others figure it out for themselves. Google "Fallout 3 Mods" and click the first link. explore and enjoy. ^^
    You know you're high up in the world when you own an Organisation XIII cloak.

.............. Fallout 3 smurphy's Avatar
    My favourite game of the current gen. Blowing up Megaton was one of the coolest things I have done in a game. Pity the ending for the original game was so underwhelming. Broken steel fixed that though.

I have it on console. Not only do I have comfort, its that much faster to play.

Death Before Dishonor Fallout 3 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I own it for the 360, and it is easily one of my favorite's ever. I have over 100 hours on one of my character's, and I don't know what to do. My level is maxed out at 30 I have done every mission in the game. All I have left to do is run around, and kill shit, and collect caps while doing it.

Fallout New Vegas is coming out in June. plan to go and pre-order it. better be as good as 3 if not better...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

oh... you two are really missing out. I know even with the DLC's the game is amazing. but you need to try the mods like underground hideout, fallout wanderer's edition, and the ridable motorcycle (complete with turrets xD)

Fallout 3 got boring after about 40 hours of gameplay. I don't like it's gun system, VATS is cool but that got old quick.

I like playing Oblivion more.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Fallout 3 got boring after about 40 hours of gameplay. I don't like it's gun system, VATS is cool but that got old quick.

I like playing Oblivion more.
    I highly agree. I never use VATS.

[warning, another third party mod comment]

What I use, instead, is the mod called "Fallout 3: Wanderer's Edition"
    Instead of using VATS, although I could use it whenever I want to, instead I have two other options.

I could spend my AP on pressing [SHIFT] to sprint (useful for traveling and rushing a sniper)

or I could spend my AP on going into Bullet-Time, slowing everything down and allowing for much better aim and movement.

I wouldn't use mods, I feel they kill the game and try turning it into the mods creator's game.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Im just curious because im no expert but what kind of specs does it need to run on PC. Ive always considered getting it on PC cos i cant play it during the week but all those numbers confuse me.

And Loaf I would consider 40 hours to be pretty f*cking good. I much prefer fallout over oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    Im just curious because im no expert but what kind of specs does it need to run on PC. Ive always considered getting it on PC cos i cant play it during the week but all those numbers confuse me.

And Loaf I would consider 40 hours to be pretty f*cking good. I much prefer fallout over oblivion.
    Wikipedia is a great place to read up on things.

40 hours is pretty poor IMO. I could have easily spent way way more hours on it if I didn't get bored.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

@ smurphy
    =pasted from www.shaknews.com=

Minimum System Requirements:
    Windows XP/Vista (edit from DeathWolfXX: obviously windows 7 will work)
    1GB System RAM (XP) / 2GB System RAM (Vista)
    2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
    Direct X 9.0c compliant videocard with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better / ATI X850 or better)

----

@ Loaf:

Not necessarily. Mods usually change one aspect of the game, such as fellout, which changes the lighting filters. Usually mods add something to the game, such as one that adds zombies (not just feral ghouls), etc. I can see what you mean though, a lot of mods change a lot of the aspects of the game or add something in a way that the entire gameplay will be changed in one way or another. If I was you, I'd give it a try though. Mods can be simply unchecked (they use checkboxes) from the "data files" section of the launcher.exe and are that easilly uninstalled.

Blog Entries
    I really regret buying this game. I find it really lame. I have it on the PS3, and it blows. I will probably trade it in for a discount on XIII.

I stomached through about 6-8 hours, and then just gave up. I can't see what the fuss is all about. The RPG elements are weak, and there are plenty of better first- or third-person shooters out there.

I'll make you famous Fallout 3 Rydia Lover's Avatar
    when i first bought it, it was very great. i had a lot of fun in the first play throuhg especially because i had no clue what i was doing or where to go lol.played the game, beat it, and then i got a little boring so i took a break. then i heard about the dlc but then heard about the pathetic buy off by microsoft so i decided to sell the game since i thought that was the end of it.

then i bought it again when the dlc was released on the ps3 and enjoyed the s***t out of it lol.
    my favorate dlc was probably mothership zeta, but only because i could bust some alien heads lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Postingway Fallout 3 Maciariello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really regret buying this game. I find it really lame. I have it on the PS3, and it blows. I will probably trade it in for a discount on XIII.

I stomached through about 6-8 hours, and then just gave up. I can't see what the fuss is all about. The RPG elements are weak, and there are plenty of better first- or third-person shooters out there.
    I agree. One of the only games I've ever re-sold after buying.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

I guess, like many things, you either love Fallout 3 or you hate it. It's so much like Oblivion, if anyone didn't enjoy playing TES: Oblivion, don't buy Fallout 3.

As far as RPG elements, I have to say Fallout 3 is the most flexible and "free" environment in the game. It's almost annoying to me, but EVERY quest you will start has at least two sides to it. Either killing the Overseer or stealing his key and leaving, or deciding whether or not to blow the first city you go to away, or deciding a side between a very heavilly armed confict (it gets WAY worse if you have Broken Steel DLC). No matter what you're doing, there's going to be freedom of choice.

That being said, there's tons of games out there besides Fallout 3. It's not the end of the world if you don't like the same game I do, and I certainly don't expect anyone to ^^

Oblivion and Fallout 3 are different in many ways. I play Oblivion all the time. I can sit there and NOT level up in Oblivion, I don't have guns, I don't have VATs, I don't have stimpaks, I don't have drugs to take. Oblivion's AI is retarded, and companions in Oblivion is pointless as well since the AI is retarded. You can use practically everything in Oblivion since you are a hero while Fallout 3 you tend you choose what type of weapons you might wan to focus on using. I can go on.

Also I don't know why people blow up Megaton so quickly, it's better to do everything in Megaton, leave, go become Evil, go get Jericho, blow the place up.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Fallout 3 Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Re: Fallout 3

This Game Is Actually Pretty Cool. I Love How Its Like A Combination Of First Person Shooter and An RPG With Adventuring Around And Stuff. I Don't Own the Game, But My Friend Does, And When I Played It, I Loved It. I Haven't Played It In A While, But It Is Still An Awesome Kick-Ass Game. If You Haven't Played It Yet, You Should Atleast Try It. This Is My Oppinion, You Guys Are Entitled To Your Own, If You Disagree With Me, That Is Fine, I'm Not Gonna Argue Or Fight With Anyone. Anyway, Happy Posting Guys (=^_^=)

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still love it. I like exploring everywhere, and finding everything. It's pretty cool when you find easter-eggs no one has found, or if you can link certain things. The best one I found when I first got the game was a cinema somewhere in the DC Ruins which has film names... which are film names we had about the same time the game came out. P.S, I Hate You.

... Anyway. >>;

I've almost completed collecting all the trophies for it. It kinda sucks because I only have to get the "Reach level __ with ___ Karma". That's going to take a while.... x__x

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    I still love it. I like exploring everywhere, and finding everything. It's pretty cool when you find easter-eggs no one has found, or if you can link certain things. The best one I found when I first got the game was a cinema somewhere in the DC Ruins which has film names... which are film names we had about the same time the game came out. P.S, I Hate You.
    I haven't found too many easter eggs yet. I've just been running around doing every quest that catches my eye (Mothership Zeta and then I'm done with the DLC's xD) I have the PC version so (only on a rare occaision mind you) I can open up the console and type something like "player.modav health 300" to bring my health up instead of using stimpacks. again, it's a rare thing. (the "unlock" command is very useful. as well as "tcl" (toggle collision/clipping. run through walls and fly xD)

So you like to cheat, shows how much you appreciate a challenge.

I've only used the consol once and it was in Oblivion because of a known bug where you can't complete the quest unless you do it in the consol.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Theres one thing that baffles me in this game. On every playthrough outside the entrance of the supermarket really early in the game I have always found something different. On my 1st playthrough on a body I found an alien blaster, after that a dead deathclaw and on another playthrough a load of dead traders. Has anyone else noticed this and if so did you find anything interesting?

You noticed the robot? It kills.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Oh, the robot in Vault 101? That was really freaky when I first saw it. Never going to complain about a foot ache on that game to a robot >.<. Nor am I going after any really messed up seeds on some "pilgrimage" again.

He isn't talking about the Vault robot.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Hmm, then what robot? My other guess would be Liberty Prime (which I laughed my ass off at the anti-communist comments he makes) but otherwise I have no clue.

Megaton, there is a robot in front of it.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    Theres one thing that baffles me in this game. On every playthrough outside the entrance of the supermarket really early in the game I have always found something different. On my 1st playthrough on a body I found an alien blaster, after that a dead deathclaw and on another playthrough a load of dead traders. Has anyone else noticed this and if so did you find anything interesting?
    i faound death claws many times, and several chinese gouls on occation as well.

i did find the firelance (a randomly generated unique alien blaster), but never found an alien blaster.
    current games playing:
    Fallout New Vegas

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Fallout 3 The Dark Crystal's Avatar

i did find the firelance (a randomly generated unique alien blaster), but never found an alien blaster.
    Man i could never find that weapon, but i did find the Alien blaster near the ship wreck. After i found it, the rest of the game was a breeze! Any one else find some of the DLC a little disappointing? Ex: Motership Zeta

Can anyone tell me about Point lookout, thats the only DLC i never played for Fallout.
    Is it worth The MP?
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Quote Originally Posted by FFIXFreak View Post
    Man i could never find that weapon, but i did find the Alien blaster near the ship wreck. After i found it, the rest of the game was a breeze! Any one else find some of the DLC a little disappointing? Ex: Motership Zeta

Can anyone tell me about Point lookout, thats the only DLC i never played for Fallout.
    Is it worth The MP?
    i never thought mothership zeta was as bad as people said it was, i was very impressed with the wepons.

if your thinking about getting point lookout, then get it, with the exception of broken steel, it probably has the most to offer. the biggest map, the most missions, and many many new wepons.
    current games playing:
    Fallout New Vegas

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Fallout 3 The Dark Crystal's Avatar

i never thought mothership zeta was as bad as people said it was, i was very impressed with the wepons.
    Yea i agree that the weapons for all of the DLC were amazing, but for some reason i found MZ's seanary to be a little to repetitive. I am being a little picky though

Yea i played Broken Steel and it was gigantic compared to the others. I hated those damn creatures though. Everytime i turned around their they were creeping up behind me.

Alright cool, thanks for the info i will check it out.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Blog Entries

Point Lookout was probably my favorite out of all the DLC's.

It has a creepier than usual Fallout vibe and was done incredibly well. The weapons are also very solid and are also really useful for the rest of the game. There are parts that are hilarious, ****ed up and just plain creepy, so it's exactly what you'd expect, especially with a real down South, redneck vibe.

And I'm kind of pissed at MZ. My game keeps freezing up when I try to exit the big cargo hold area, and there's no other exit.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast