Thread: Can you identify this character? - I presume he is from a early final fantasy game

Question Can you identify this character? - I presume he is from a early final fantasy game

Totally Random, but can you please help me identify this avatar? I presume he is a character from an early final fantasy game.

061.gif

Sorry, I do not have a larger image.

A bit of background-
    In 2004, I setup a Xfire Gaming account and they had a list of hundreds of avatars from Anime and Gaming. I picked this avatar because, well, it looked cool, but I have no idea of its origin. I even raised a xfire support ticket back in 2005, but they were of no help. (and they are now defunct)

For over 10+ years I have kept this image as my avatar without knowing where it is from. Just today, a fellow gamer asked me where it was from and it restarted my search. I thought this forum would be a good start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are able to identify the avatar, I will gift you one of the following games (your choice) on Steam as a huge thank you:
    -Dead Space
    -Deadlight
    -Aliens vs. Predator
    -Mark of the Ninja
    -Zeno Clash
    -The Darkness II
    -Duke Nukem Forever
    -Mafia II Director's Cut
    -The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

With the help of some gamers on steam, we think we have narrowed it down to Final Fantasy. I tried the reverse google image search and found the following site that has the avatar grouped in with many other "misc" avatars, which appear to be in the Final Fantasy universe-
    Avatar Misc - Les Avatars - Gifs - Emoticones

The Old Skool Warrior Can you identify this character? - I presume he is from a early final fantasy game LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I honestly have no idea - sometimes, open-source artwork is utilized for mass avatar creation; vBulletin, phpBulletin, and other such forum softwares come with a large catalogue of default avatars that the administrators can choose to supplement or override altogether. I looked through the 18 pages of avatars we have available but did not find a matching image. That isn't to say that it wouldn't have existed at one point; rather, we've discarded the majority array of defaults in favor of game-related options.

If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say maybe one of the Imperial Knights from FFVI, like Biggs/Wedge perhaps. I honestly don't think it's from Final Fantasy, though!
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Bananarama Can you identify this character? - I presume he is from a early final fantasy game Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm fairly certain it's either from FFVI or FFIV, with it being a generic soldier added into the game in the updated PS1 versions. If I'm feeling up to it, I might fire them up, but I don't think it's anything beyond an updated opening credits scene.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The avatar looks to graphical to be an FF avatar.

Maybe Legends of Dragoon?
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I guess it took a while for my post to appear on the forum since i just registered, so I kept asking around and someone pointed me to the following wallpaper - http://magitek-designs.net/wallpaper...guard_1024.jpg

So it turns out to be a Terraguard (?)...very interesting. Thanks guys!

Bananarama Can you identify this character? - I presume he is from a early final fantasy game Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User Can you identify this character? - I presume he is from a early final fantasy game Cloud87's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's kinda hard to tell if i had to guess and if my memory serves me right i think it's a Samurai job in Final Fantasy tactics if it's from earlier then Final Fantasy tactics then i don't know yet sorry that's just my guess and from what it looks like to me i could be wrong .

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Can you identify this character? - I presume he is from a early final fantasy game Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    So what is the Terraguard class from then? Never heard of it.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!