Thread: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Another year, another successful Kickstarter from a creative genius behind a beloved series. Hot on the heels of the successful Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter from the brainchild behind the Mega Man series is...

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Anyone who knows me knows I will immediately throw my support behind the creative geniuses behind the Castlevania series, and I did so as immediately as I could---even though it had already smashed the admittedly conservative goal of $500,000 by that point. Seriously, it took less than a day or something.

Frankly, it didn't take much convincing! Koji Igarashi's video was the icing on the cake (sidenote: check out that bitchin' Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Dracula-style self-portrait of himself as his Kickstarter avatar!), but it was in fact Michiru Yamane's involvement that led me to mash that pledge button. I am convinced that anything Yamane touches immediately turns to gold. Just about every Metroidvania-style game for which she's composed music has been enriched because of her tunes.

I am beyond excited. The world needs more 2D side-scroller Castlevania-ish games with RPG elements and awesome Yamane tunes.
    Last edited by Incognitus; 05-20-2015 at 05:28 AM.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.