Thread: Bloodborne

Bloodborne

Well this game has been out for a good week or so, and no thread to be found!?

Well that is no good.

I've been wondering who here has Bloodborne and how far hast thou gone!

Mystyrion Bloodborne C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    I bought it. Never played a game like this (outside from an hour of demon souls), but I enjoyed it more than I would have though.
    I struggled a little bit in the first area of the town. Once I got the hang of it I breezed through it. I beat the boss by throwing Molotovs at him over and over haha.

I'm struggling a lot more with the chain gun guy. He just blows me apart as soon as I get up the ladder. So I've been skipping him and heading straight for the second boss, but that isn't doing me any better

The Quiet One Bloodborne Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been playing regularly since it came out. I've been working through the Forgotten Woods last night in single player and in co-op. It was largely an leveling and item grinding exercise. But I made nearly 150k blood echoes. So I leveled up a good amount. I know the first of the woods pretty well now thanks to all the co-op.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

SPOILER!!:
    I started a file at home mid last wk n played it for bout an hour n half (of which the majority was spent on deciding whom my character should look like -Sephiroth, Vergil or Alucard?- I chose Alucard) bt I didnt get very far. I ran into Father Gascione first n beat him after my 6th attempt then went back to the bridge to defeat The Cleric Beast n finished him on my 2nd go. I actually have no idea what level Im on n didnt farm any of the blood echoes I accumulated.

There were enough small frys around to supply me with blood vials n QS bullets which i used a lot of to stagger n critically damage the bigger enemies tho I havent played my file since as Ive been playing it with a friend at his place.

I managed to defeat the Shadow of Yahrman, the gross spider n Blood starved beast on his file -n can i jus say that this game has one of the best enemy designs Ive seen in a long long time.

We were taking turns at getting thru the Chalice Dungeons. The last dungeon I remember playing had a curse on it which resulted in your health being cut in half. There I managed to defeat Keeper of the Old Lords on my first try (jus stunned him with the beast claw also his sword style is similar to that of Sephiroth's n Vergil’s so I was giddy n somehow that makes me fight better lol) n the pretty fire breathing watchdog -the dogs n the lycans are the hardest enemies for me. The final boss in that dungeon was Amygdala n I found it so repulsive (tho not as much as Ebrietas - im a trypophobe n the sight of that creaure hurts my sanity) i refused to take the controller lol bt he defeated it nyway while I held a blanket to my face. Amygdala reminded me a lot of Mother Brain not just appearance wise but how he charges up n shoots out lasers too, pretty random. Recently I was at his place we took turns at fighting The One Reborn. I always went up n killed those bell ringing hoes before I attacked him first bt he keeps (wat i refer to as) 'pooping' everywhere so that gets tedious to dodge at times cause he has this one hit kill if u stay too close to him which i need to in order to attack him. Personally I dont look up any walkthroughs or tips to take on bossess cuz I really dont see the effing point of playing it n figuring it out for myself (takes out half the fun) bt hey maybe FROM will patch in a pus*y mode haha.

My friend had finished the game beforehand but told me that it was not the apparent true ending n final boss so I suppose once he's gotten the most out of the game thru online n farming n collecting all the weapons, items n armour(he was wearing the doll outfit last time for laughs) I guess we'll continue from there if he hasnt already lol.

Bloodborne is one of the most beautiful games Ive ever played n has made me a fan plus I love hack n slashes so I def want to give the Souls series a go once it comes to PS4.

Blog Entries
    Dark Souls 2 will be out this month for PS4, so that'll be good for you. Don't know if they'll port Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. Considering how popular the series has become, it might be a good idea to port Demon's Souls, but they'd have to re-open the servers again. Atlus kept the servers running for quite sometime before eventually shutting them down. Though they're going to feel very different and slower than Bloodborne.

I finally cleared Rom last night and working on the Unseen Village. That place is a pain in the neck thanks to all of the necromancer's minions reviving. But now that I'm up in the high 70s I think? I'm pretty sure I'm getting dropping into some new game plus co-op games, it is the only thing that explains why the spiders in the Rom fight had more than 600 HP, not even Insight should triple their HP that much I would think.

But there is anyone around my level range that wants to co-op I'm generally available, just let me know.

Boxer of the Galaxy Bloodborne Rowan's Avatar
    Okay so I really got frustrated with this game at first. Then I saw the appeal. I am kicking mega-ass now with my holy greatword and thrust my way to victory. I accidently attacked that guy who was trying to help me, then he got angry with me and started fighting back. So naturally, I wasted him.

This is me playing and learning the hard way.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...31820616756734

Blog Entries
    Ah the old man on the tower. Yeah, you won't really find anyone that likes him. It is ultimately very satisfying knocking him off the tower after everything you have to go through. On a fun note, you can actually befriend him, if you don't enter Old Yharnam until much later in the game when the alternate route opens up. You just have to promise not to kill any of the beasts in the area and he'll be friends. You still get the rewards, but also a gesture as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Ah the old man on the tower. Yeah, you won't really find anyone that likes him. It is ultimately very satisfying knocking him off the tower after everything you have to go through. On a fun note, you can actually befriend him, if you don't enter Old Yharnam until much later in the game when the alternate route opens up. You just have to promise not to kill any of the beasts in the area and he'll be friends. You still get the rewards, but also a gesture as well.
    You have to wear a certain clothing set right? Ive actually only come across a 2 different clothing sets so farr, would like to find more.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just killed that bastard, Djura. The amount of times I rushed through that area and got to the top and tried to quickly retrieve my souls before he knocked me off wasn't funny. I finally got him this morning! Was so happy. Happy that I didn't loose my souls either, which could easily have happened. There were so many close calls in that last battle, but I was getting about 15-20k Blood Echoes each time from the Wolfmen outside and inside the chapel. I think on one run, I slipped and lost 40k, and was so mad I quit. But then I saw a video of a guy loosing far more doing something far stupider, and I went back to the grind (carefully levelling each time I built up enough).

The Stake Driver is pretty neat, but I'm still loving the freedom I have with my Saw Cleaver and Holy Blade. Any decent areas to farm Twin Blood Souls? I'm a bit weary of Chalice Dungeons. Dungeons sound like they're going to be tough.

I'm not sure what I want to do now. I think my next step is through the Forbidden Woods, but I might run through some optional areas first.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Any decent areas to farm Twin Blood Souls?
    Abductors in 'hypergeon Gaol' i think its called. AKA, The Unseen Village.

they drop them pretty frequently.

Blog Entries
    I call them the Bagmen, since they're carrying a bag to kidnap you. But they actually go away after a certain point in the game, you have to kill a specific boss. When that happens the monster types in the Unseen Village completely change. And it becomes a place you can get Blood Chunks from, I think Forbidden Woods or another place was good for twin blood.

And I don't think wearing a specific set is necessary to befriend him. It might be, but I haven't heard that being the case.

I keep getting owned by the 3 guardians of forbidden forest. I am just farming for levels at the moment, but its not helping that much. Its really hard to juggle 3 at a time. I put most of my puts into 'skill' since it gives the best boost to damage because I am using the holy ludwig blade. I am a very aggressive player which has been good so far, until now.
    Last edited by Rowan; 04-08-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, those guys alone are rough to deal with. Probably a good idea is to work on the fireball throwing first, so you don't have someone at the distance nailing you with spells. Then take down the flamethrower guy next, because it is a pain trying to get through a flamethrower. But also, co-op makes the fight significantly more manageable. And it is pretty fun, because people will split off and take one boss themselves and it all feels like you're helping towards the fight equally and teamwork, more so than largely just draw attention and the others spam attacks until the boss gets angry at someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Yeah, those guys alone are rough to deal with. Probably a good idea is to work on the fireball throwing first, so you don't have someone at the distance nailing you with spells. Then take down the flamethrower guy next, because it is a pain trying to get through a flamethrower. But also, co-op makes the fight significantly more manageable. And it is pretty fun, because people will split off and take one boss themselves and it all feels like you're helping towards the fight equally and teamwork, more so than largely just draw attention and the others spam attacks until the boss gets angry at someone else.
    How does multiplayer work? Because I may consider it for this boss... also can you give me any tips about new game plus? Are enemies harder? are there any adjustable options?

Yeah I took out the fireball thowing guy out first bt when i got some attacks on him his 2 friends got in the way so I hit 3 all at once while still focusing on the Fireball dude. I dont know what else to say really it just becomes a lil play of evade & slash as many times as u can without getting hit. The last of the 3 dudes was my favourite cause i was determined to take his sword (my favourite, katana) off of him lol. Hey it worked ok I killed em all on my 2nd try.

I havent had the time to play as of late bt if I get the chance I might. I love the Chalice Dungeons so hopefully my friend hasn't cleared em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    The last of the 3 dudes was my favourite cause i was determined to take his sword (my favourite, katana) off of him lol.
    Can you get his sword somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Can you get his sword somehow?
    No.. Apparently the only katana u get in the game is called the Chikage.

Blog Entries
    The way co-op works is that there are three items in game. Two are for cooperative play, the other is for PvP, it says Sinister, so it calls itself out pretty easily. The other two items are a Beckoning Bell and a Small Resonant Bell. The Beckoning Bell is for the player who wants people to join their game, use it and it starts searching. The Small Resonant Bell is for people who want to join other games, use it and it'll start look for those have rung the Beckon Bell. Once the bell has found someone, they are immediately drawn into the game. If you were looking to join someone, it says it found someone with a message and then black screen as you load into their game, that part is surprisingly quick. If you were wanting others to join, it'll let you know when it found someone and that they are joining.

The only problem is that the searching is a radius around you of X distance and anyone in that radius will be brought in. So it doesn't search for everyone in the whole area. The other problem is that who ever is pulled in, is pulled in and placed in the last place they were standing before the loading screen. And the person you're join may not be in that location. So there is a little hunting sometimes to find each other. There is often a lot of people that search at the lamp at the start or before a boss, those are the easiest. It's the one when it is in the middle that isn't, but since you can stand wherever you want. You can keep that in your control. If you don't want to hunt the other person down, then just stay in a place that'll be easy to locate the other person.

When I'm just wanting to do co-op, I just ring and start killing things. Eventually I'll find someone, even if it is in the middle. I can't say that improves the odds anymore than it does with just standing still. But I like to keep moving.

If you win or forced back to your game, you return where you were pulled from. So no progress lost. If you die, you are returned back to your lamp the area's progress reset like any normal death, however you don't lose your blood echoes. If you were the host then it works as normal.

You gain 1 Insight for successfully helping someone defeat a boss. Defeating a boss will returning back to your game. And using the Beckoning Bell does consume 1 Insight. It should also be noted if you ring the Beckoning Bell this opens you up to being invaded as well by people using the Sinister Bell, meaning PvP. However, you can stop this if you find a specific monster in the area. When you start using your Bell, you'll be notified at some point by the game that there is a bell ringing woman ringing a sinister sounding bell. If you locate her and kill her, this stops and will prevent people from invading. They are always in the same location. So once you know where she spawns in each area, you can just beeline and kill her and you're safe.

There is a +/- 10 level range to the host for joining. So if you want people to join and you're 57, then only people between 47-67 will be able to enter your game. There is supposedly a +/-10 +10% equation, but it is just safe to say it is 10 levels below and above you. Also if you want only specific people to join you, ie friends only. You can put a password on your game and only people using that password can join you, this also means invasions are no longer possible unless one of your friends really wants to be mean to you. When you do prepare to play, go into the Network settings in the Options menu and change from Local to Worldwide so you have better searching if you're doing it for anyone.

A shitty friend posted this on my wall this morning n I literally screamed:

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I beat the game last week! I watched all the endings in one go because I don't have time to play the game three times for the platinum (even though I'm still ****ing hooked, and currently going through NG+). I got the platinum over the weekend, and I finally got hold of the guidebook to clean up everything I'd missed. I was missing a few attires, and I'd messed up with Eileen the Crow and couldn't join the Hunter of Hunters Covenant (I didn't meet her fast enough at the Grand Cathedral, so she was hostile when I rolled up in there). I won't mess that up this time!

I no longer need to level up - level 182 is too high. I'm a little disappointed that this has made finding a match online harder. So I've been using all the Echoes I get towards Shards to level all of my gear up. I figured I'd experiment this time around with other weapons. The Burial Blade looks awesome, but is only level 6.

It's definitely my GOTY. I'm only really looking forward to The Witcher and MGSV (even though I'm mad about the whole Konami/Kojima thing right now), and it's beaten Dying Light now. I can't believe how addicted I am. Even at the level I am, it's still a challenge sometimes. I hate anything that uses Frenzy as that, as I just discovered, can still one hit you even though I feel like a boss.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.