Thread: Ar no Surge Gameplay Trailer

The Quiet One Ar no Surge Gameplay Trailer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

JRPG News Post Ar no Surge Gameplay Trailer

GUST and Koei Tecmo have released a new trailer for the crossover game Ar Tonelico and Ciel no Surge, Ar no Surge. The almost 12 minute trailer shows off most if not all aspects of the game from combat, to crafting, navigation and purification. Players of the original Ar Tonelico games, most notably Ar Tonelico 2 should recognize a lot of familiar gameplay. Combat especially seems to have drawn heavy inspiration from the game and the inclusion of enhancing the female characters through the purification is just like the system used in the first two games.

Ar no Surge is coming out in Japan on March 6 for the Playstation 3.

Source: Crunchyroll - VIDEO: Nearly 12 Minutes of "Ar no Surge" RPG Gameplay Arrives
    Attached Images Attached Images Ar no Surge Gameplay Trailer-arnosurgelogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Really hope this game gets localized. It's a shame how unlikely the previous game's localization seems to be, but at least this one seems more likely.

I just finished Ar tonelico and am going to start on II pretty soon. I believe it was you who recommended that I play it, so thanks for that. I loved it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm hoping because this is a crossover of Ar Tonelico and Ciel no Surge, that the Ar Tonelico is enough to get them to consider bringing the game over. Wished that they brought Ciel no Surge as well, but it was a Vita game, so it was probably deemed difficult to market. But Ar Tonelico has a following. So I'm holding out hope. When I was browsing for a logo image, I seemed like the Operation Rainfall guys might be looking into petitioning this game, here's hoping.

That's great to hear you're playing the Ar Tonelico games. The second is my favorite of the series. It is an amazing game and remains one of my favorite combat systems to this day. The sprites are so beautiful in the game.

Also, I believe this was confirmed to be a prequel to Ar tonelico. From what I've read others say, Gust confirmed it, and we have child Shurelia and areas from First Era Ar Ciel.

I also didn't notice the first time I watched it, but it seems to me like we're still the same "player" from Ciel nosurge. At least I think? During one of Ion's attacks she asks for help, then thanks you and kisses the screen. <3

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I had been hearing the same thing that it was a prequel. I saw some artwork on google that definitely looked like a young Shurelia. So I'm really excited for this game if we get it. They did eventually bundle all of the episodic content from Ciel no Surge together, wish we got that.