Thread: Another Mystery Game...

Tsuna Feesh Another Mystery Game... Fate's Avatar

Another Mystery Game...

I decided to put this in General Gaming, despite the fact that it is another Square Enix game, because it might not be a Final Fantasy game. I could be wrong, but until then, I suppose this is where it belongs?

Anyway, remember the last one we had with the Four Warriors of Light? Well, there is another one now.

It is here.

I do wonder what the VII in the middle could be...

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Haha the imfamous number VII! It seems to be a legendary number for SquareEnix .
    This is quite intriguing though.. what could it be?
    The flames or whatever they are is a pretty cool animation.. and a nifty little count down is going on there...

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

This one doesn't seem to have drawing animations like the last one. It may be because it's still relatively recent, or it might just be there later.

We've still got 23 days, right? Interesting, it seems to be the same day Dissidia comes out in North America. (Unless I looked at it wrong, and the 23 doesn't mean days. )

No, it is only one day. My bad.
    Last edited by Fate; 08-02-2009 at 11:57 AM.

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

23? Really? I swear mine says 13...
    Am I being blonde? xD Or is it 7 days, 13 hours and so and so minutes with so and so seconds?

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

I feel epic... Another Mystery Game... Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Hmm... Squeenix is getting fond of these mystery game sites...

VII is Squeenix's magic number... I could only imagine... We're at Dragon Quest 9, right? Hmm... I heavily doubt the remake of FF7. Hmm....

The background doesn't help much... And I'll bet you that as the days pass, they'll reveal more and more... I'm hoping for FFV DS...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Selkie in training Another Mystery Game... Silver Spyro's Avatar
    Sounds interesting? xD

Same with me, Ralz.
    Call me Silver.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Another Mystery Game... Xanatos's Avatar
    Well that background doesn't look familiar at all and it's definitely not FF VII remake but it seems that SquareEnix likes to play with our imagination. And I agree with Ralz it could easily be FF V remake for DS. We'll see exactly after 4 days 08 hours, 51 minutes and 28 seconds.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 08-02-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Another Mystery Game...
    I opened this link a couple of times, and each time that I do, an illustration of some sort of animal appears briefly. I think it may be a wolf type of creature. I really have no way of guessing what Square-Enix has in store for fans at this time, but it would be cool if it was indeed FFV. I haven't played that one yet.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Another Mystery Game... T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    I decided to put this in General Gaming, despite the fact that it is another Square Enix game, because it might not be a Final Fantasy game. I could be wrong, but until then, I suppose this is where it belongs?

Anyway, remember the last one we had with the Four Warriors of Light? Well, there is another one now.

It is here.

I do wonder what the VII in the middle could be...
    Hmmm...just in case, when the teaser site for Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light appeared, did you notice the site name up there? Did it had a number or something?

Because mostly, the number that appears is "0807", which makes me think it may be a horror game of some sort. Just recall that the Borg Square-Enix has absorbed merged with several companies.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Hmmm...just in case, when the teaser site for Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light appeared, did you notice the site name up there? Did it had a number or something?
    I think that the previous one was numbered 0806, or something like that. I recall the zeroes, a six, and an eight. I just assumed that the teaser sites went up a digit every time.

::EDIT:: Never mind, I checked. The previous one was numbered 0706.
    Last edited by Fate; 08-02-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Number is just the date that the countdown is counting to. It was the same thing with the last teaser. August 7th.

I hear it has to do with LORD of VERMILION???? ?? ??????? ?????, an arade-based card collecting game. If this is true, then we can't really expect to see this.

Another countdown clock from SE. Hurray. The world can barely contain its excitement after the last clock. What a game we got out of that one.

Sarcasm aside, this is ridiculous. First Kojima's idiotic countdown to a countdown to a countdown to a game everyone could have guessed was in production, then SE's first clock that revealed a game that I could not be more underwhelmed by and now ANOTHER clock by SE within a month of the last one? Who thought this was a good marketing ploy? Only the most die hard SE fans care anymore; everyone else just rolls their eyes and turns their attention elsewhere.

Until now!

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Another Mystery Game... T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Number is just the date that the countdown is counting to. It was the same thing with the last teaser. August 7th.

I hear it has to do with LORD of VERMILION???? ?? ??????? ?????, an arade-based card collecting game. If this is true, then we can't really expect to see this.
    Which is odd, since Lord of Vermillion is already on the arcades, and not only that, there's apparently a tournament coming soon (Over the Lord II), which should happen on September. Perhaps the console version, but they'd inform of that.

Still, the images are pretty off. Perhaps it's a sequel to The Game with no Name? In either case, it's a Japanese release so it's something that'll be informed perhaps come Thursday evening.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

Blog Entries
    This is entirely unfounded speculation on my part but the wolf image that comes up after a few seconds reminds me of the Blood of Bahamut artwork. Maybe it's something related to that? Could be Fenrir.

I suppose the bottom line is, we'll just have to wait and see. I am quite curious though; never seen one of these countdown clocks from SE before. I hope it'll be something good. XD

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Seems to be currently flashing a dragon thing.

Here are some of the previous things it showed on days VI and V.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...una/bmap_1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...una/bmap_2.jpg

Well, that was a bit of a double-take.

Pretty surprised to hear some of the news:

--Wizards of the Coast is apparently licensing some of their material for Lord of Vermilion II. Mostly, Magic the Gathering cards. From what I can gather from the Gleemax forums, the cards authorized thus far are Serra Angel, Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, Birds of Paradise and Shivan Dragon.

Compare and contrast to the provided image.

--Some Final Fantasy characters are making an appearance. Most specifically, some of the main cast of Final Fantasy IV. So far, it seems Rydia, Kain, Edge and Golbez will make an appearance.

--This one is truly a shocker. Apparently, they're also going to use more and obscure material from S-E as well, starting with the Seven Heroes of Romancing Saga II. Though, they aren't really heroes, so to speak...

Of course, I mostly would agree with the yawning, since it's mostly a Japan-based game. A Japan based card game, to be precise. Played on an arcade console, no less.

Though...the art, it is pretty...

The Final Boss Theorem: