Thread: Animal Crossing

Registered User Animal Crossing

Animal Crossing

I love the Animal Crossing games! Anyone else out there in TFF land like them too?

I played Animal Crossing for the DS and also for the Wii. I love how the game takes place in real time, so when it's morning in the real world it's morning in Animal Crossing World (and so on and so forth).

I also love in the games how it really has no set goals. You make it what you want it to be. I guess you would call that sort of like a "sandbox" game, right?

I must say that I like the one for the Wii much better over the one for the DS. My neighbors in the DS version kept moving away from my town. I even sent them letters pretty much everyday and kept my town looking pretty! In the Wii version, your neighbors stay with you longer and aren't so picky about stuff.

I didn't play the one for the Gamecube, because I never owned that system.

I also want to add that there is an animated movie about Animal Crossing! I stumbled upon it while on youtube a while back. Here's the link in case you're interested:

YouTube - animal crossing

I can't find part 2 or I would have posted that as well...Also, it's in Japanese, but there's English subtitles, so you can still understand what they are saying.

Anyway, I want to see if anyone else likes this particular series. Feel free to post your likes and dislikes if you wish. I would love to see what you all think of it!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I played the gamecube one for awhile a few years ago, summer of '04, and I got Wild World with my DS...

I have City Folks on my queue from Gamefly and have been waiting a week to get it, but I'm gonna mail it back as soon as it gets here. I never have much of an eye for layouts or anything artistic really, but I got the game in hopes my girlfriend would enjoy it. I had her play the gamecube one for a bit but she didn't really like it.

We're playing The Sims instead. I really figured she'd like Animal Crossing just as much, since it's basically the same thing to an extent, but oh well.

In the end, the game doesn't have enough sense of accomplishment for me. It's repetitive and dull tasks that never differ in the least.

farting on your mom Animal Crossing TheAnitaAttack's Avatar
    I only have the one for gamecube. I've played it and its really fun. My friend has the one for Ds but i don't know what its called.

Registered User Animal Crossing smithhanson's Avatar
    I have the DS one and the Wii one.. I find them both very fun to play and I enjoy the fact that it has no real goals other than to explore and do little tasks for your neighbours. I also like the way the game keeps track of when you're gone, so when you get back you have new mail and the characters comment on your absence.

TheAnitaAttack - You are thinking of Animal Crossing - Wild World for DS.

farting on your mom Animal Crossing TheAnitaAttack's Avatar
    OH yea wild world. I knew it had the word "world in it"

I've played the GameCube and Wii games.

Although I did enjoy it to an extent, I found that it got boring rather quickly. It was not only extremely repetitive, but I felt that there wasn't enough to do.

On a somewhat related note, I also played Enchanted Folk (a.k.a. Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times). I liked that better. It also had similar flaws, though. I think that game had a lot of unused potential.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 08-27-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Animal Crossing is the most hardcore game ever made. At least that's what Reggie Fils-Aime keeps telling me.

Until now!

I loved the Animal Crossing on Game cube.I played it for a very long time,and still continue to check in on the town.The best thing about Animal Crossing is the fact that it seems simplistic and boring,but it is filled with game.

I also own the one on DS,but I dont consider it to be as good as the one on Game Cube.Its not the kind of a game that I want to play on a small screen.

Whenever I get a Wii,I will get the one on there.Im looking forward to playing it,and Ive heard some very good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    I loved the Animal Crossing on Game cube.I played it for a very long time,and still continue to check in on the town.The best thing about Animal Crossing is the fact that it seems simplistic and boring,but it is filled with game.

I also own the one on DS,but I dont consider it to be as good as the one on Game Cube.Its not the kind of a game that I want to play on a small screen.

Whenever I get a Wii,I will get the one on there.Im looking forward to playing it,and Ive heard some very good things about it.
    There's practicaly no difference between City Folk and Wild World. It's like they took Wild World and raised it's resolution. The game still has the same few things to do, dig up fossils, go fishing, shake down trees, catch bugs, shop for new shit for your house, pay off your loan..... rinse repeat, rinse repeat, rinse repeat /wrists.

It's a great concept with not nearly enough new things to do. If you've played one Animal Crossing, you've played them all.

Is Animal Crossing Similar to Harvest Moon? I play Harvest Moon, but I have never really been interested in playing Animal Crossing. What is the objective in the game? I know nothing of what it's about.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Animal Crossing
    I play Harvest Moon as well. I guess they are similar, except you don't get married and have babies (I won't comment about that...).

You can take care of plants and stuff, you chat it up with your neighbors, you go around collecting things (like catching bugs and fish), and you make your house and your town pretty. You can design some clothes and sometimes there are town events going on that you can participate in. Oh and you can run errands for your neighbors.The thing that I really like is all the characters that you interact with. I love all the different little animals that can live in your town.

There really is no objective. You do what you wish. If that doesn't seem like something your interested in, then stick with Harvest Moon. I also think that those are some fun games.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I take back what I said. I'm giving City Folk another chance, and I'm hooked on it right now. Well, what I said still stands. But it is a pretty addictive game. It's very fun when you actually know a few other people who play the game, which is probably what I was missing.