Thread: aliens vs predator

some say............ aliens vs predator The Stig's Avatar

aliens vs predator

hey i have just recently purchased aliens vs predator and im slighty dissapointed with it really. its almost impossible to kill anything as a marine as both aliens and predator have major advantages over them

spoiler alert

aliens can see there enemies outlined in red or green and they can walk on walls and hide
    predator has thermal and can turn invisible
    marines have none

now this game would be better if they all had pros and cons but they just done

your views?
    Some say he's wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat... all we know is, he's called the Stig

Some say that his tears are adhesive, and that if he caught fire, he'd burn for a thousand days... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that his genitals are on upside down, and that if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci Code in 43 seconds... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say he isn't machine washable, and all his potted plants are called Steve... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Death Before Dishonor aliens vs predator Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: aliens vs predator

I went, and rented it. Cause while I did enjoy the movie's I was very skeptical about how the game would be. I didn't enjoy it to much, but it wasn't a horrible game. Definitely not something I would go to Wal-Mart or Gamestop and spend $60 on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    hey i have just recently purchased aliens vs predator and im slighty dissapointed with it really. its almost impossible to kill anything as a marine as both aliens and predator have major advantages over them
    Have you watched any of the movie's. The predator, and the alien have clear advantages over them. Predator was rarely killed, I mean shit it took the Govenator a while to take care of business.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Finding this place a little dull... aliens vs predator xTidus's Avatar

It's amazing! I don't know how you don't think it's worth the money.. I mean fair enough it's made us humans suck, but Just be a Alien or a Predator? It's a fun on-line game. =D

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth aliens vs predator Xanatos's Avatar

The problem with this game is that it relies too much on players experience and skill from previous AVP tittles, not really good for players new to the franchise. Honestly I'm not really satisfied with this game but it's not bad either, shame though it doesn't have the intense atmosphere the Alien vs Predator 2 had.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

I saw some gameplay on the game, it looks pretty crazy cool, yeahh on decapitations and shit lollll. The multiplayer looks pretty fun and suprisingly competitive as well. Hopefully there's a large community for it and hopefully its not as bad as some other games I could mention (coughcough h3 mw2)
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Postingway aliens vs predator Maciariello's Avatar

Sega sullied the multiplayer demo for PS3 owners. When I went to play it, the game wouldn't find a match. Any interest I had was unintentionally erased at that point.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Sir Prize aliens vs predator Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gamefly sent this to me. I have to say...I hate the Alien and Predator campaigns. Not scary at all. Totally blows the best part of the game. You're a marine and have no advantages against these legendary beasts that shred through normal mortal humans. It's you, a pistol...possibly a pulse rifle against horrible monsters from cinema's darkest sci-fi moments.

The marine campaign is worth renting the game, the predator and alien campaigns make the game only worthy of a rental.

*EDIT* Plus, the idea of letting the player roam the walls, ceilings, vents and floors as an Alien(while sounding like a good idea) is just visually confusing and awkward.

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 03-12-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Anyone else play the 1999 one on PC?
    This shit doesn't live up to the greatness that was.
    I mean shit, running into invisible walls when I'm being a Predator (so mid 90s) and playing Alien left me feeling motion sick.
    Major let down for older fans.
    victoria aut mors

My couch pulls out but I don't. aliens vs predator midgetbob's Avatar

Yeah, the older one was amazing. We'd get 3 of us playing aliens and let 2 herd players to the 3rd... greatness. Loved it.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth aliens vs predator Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    *EDIT* Plus, the idea of letting the player roam the walls, ceilings, vents and floors as an Alien(while sounding like a good idea) is just visually confusing and awkward.
    I suppose you haven't played the older tittles, playing with Alien was the biggest challenge, mostly because for the most part you didn't know where the hell you're going not to mention that after a while you get to feel motion sick.

It's easier to play with Alien in the new Alien vs Predator, climbing the walls, ceilings and going through the vents is noticeably improved in my opinion, of course it's still possible to get confused but not nearly like in the older tittles.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Anyone else play the 1999 one on PC?
    This shit doesn't live up to the greatness that was.
    I mean shit, running into invisible walls when I'm being a Predator (so mid 90s) and playing Alien left me feeling motion sick.
    Major let down for older fans.
    Ah, a clasic game. I agree the new Alien vs Predator can't compare with the first one but I still prefer Alien vs Predator 2 (2001), nothing can beat the multiplayer and the atmosphere Alien vs Predator 2 has.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES aliens vs predator Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

This is a great movie I really loved it I thought the predator was a little creepy though
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver