Thread: Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun!

Registered User Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun!

Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun!

This thread of the LP club is for bringing up suggestions for what game you would like to do an LP on, and to recruit other club/forum members into playing the game with you.

It's up to you how you wanna play the game, whether you want it to be a more casual playthrough and let everyone post their progress as they feel the need to do so, or you can make a more competitive LP, where members can race to see who finishes the game first, or whatever other challenge you can think of! The LP is whatever you want to make of it!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Certified tech, come at me! Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun!

New Topic: I'm planning to start a Lets Play for Secret of Mana, I'm giving it a couple weeks before we start so that anyone who wants to join can get whatever game they're playing out of the way first. So for now, who would like to enlist in a playthrough of this game?
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 08-02-2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Currently Playing:

TFF's Resident Messenger Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone interested in playing through Final Fantasy IV, VI, or VII with me? I figure I will wait two weeks for anyone interested. This will give those of us in Thanksgiving mode a chance to exercise our thumbs and play a classic Final Fantasy game.

I propose a casual playthrough, but I am willing to accept any challenges. I have only played a couple hours into each, so I am anxious to have people play along with me. It should make my first full playthroughs of each game more exciting.

I guess post your choices here and once I find any willing players, I will make the thread.

EDIT: Oh-Kay. I take it no one was interested. That's okay.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 12-13-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Update.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Certified tech, come at me! Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bumping topic for awesome suggestion, anyone for a game of Famicom Detective Club part II? it would be a great one to do for an LP. Let me know if you would like to play along with me!
    Currently Playing:

TFF's Resident Messenger Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rowan and I were thinking of doing a playthrough of Final Fantasy VII, and we would also like some involvement from other TFFers. This playthrough isn't going to be a normal playthrough. We want participants to post their progress, yes; but also participant's perspective on the story up to that point. What the characters do, why they do what they do, etc.

Rowan can explain it better than I, and I have the feeling he might post almost as soon I post this, so he can go into greater detail.

So, anyone want to participate? I think Rowan and I are going to start later today. So feel free to jump in when you want.

PS, I would love for enough people to play along so I can at least have a name for each playable character of the game. So, even if you don't actually feel like doing that for your playthrough, just pick a character for me to rename in mine. It would be first come, first name.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Boxer of the Galaxy Suggestions and Recruitment for LP Fun! Rowan's Avatar
    So basically what we want to happen is for people to play through final fantasy and write about it. We should have our writing sectioned off to avoid people getting ahead of others with their writing, so things will progress in a controlled state, one that I think is manageable and comfortable for everyone. For example, week 1 will be writing about the things that happen from the beggining of the game up until the point of leaving midgar. Part 2 will be from kalm until the point of reaching costa del sol, etc.

We will be writing about what is happening the story, how we percieve the characters based on the actions they take, and how this makes up their personality in our minds. We will be including information on how we are playing the game, in the sense that we will say what level we are, how often we grind or not, what materia is equipped to who, designated healers etc whatever you would like to include. Other information such as things pertaining to the storyline that we would liked to have seen, things that might (and might not) be included in a possible remake, and more of what we'd like to see happen. Its always hard to get these things started, but im sure the more passionate ff fans, more-so ff7 fans would find it easier to participate especially since we've all played it before. This thread will give us a chance to experience the game in a new way, a way in which we can view it from multiple perspectives and have the opportunity to share information reguarding the story and characters and everything mentioned above.

hopefully we get some people to contribute, I would like to beging this thread as early as next week, begining with the start (der) to leaving midgar.