Thread: Let's Play Tomb Raider!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's Play Tomb Raider!

I've really been in a Tomb Raider mood lately, and I guess now is a good time as any to play through all of the PSOne titles again. With some challenges and competitions, to make it interesting...

It'll be nice to get others to take part, so I'm going to leave this here until Friday evening, 10pm GMT, although you can join in at any time. If you want to take part, leave a post saying you want in with a list of the Tomb Raider games you own, and which challenges/competitions you want in on.

As you play, feel free to make note here of your progress and how you're doing with the challenges you decide to do. No one will judge if you fail a challenge.

People in on the action:
    Unknown Entity

Challenges:

1. No guides. Playing purely based on memory, trial and error, and exploration. If you get stuck, post here and get help from other members playing.

2. No cheats. Not even the useless one that makes Lara naked. Nuh-uh. If you run out of ammo, just use the pistols which work just as well and reserve the medipack for when they're really needed. There's usually a medipack along with ammo in Secret spots, so it'll be wise to go for them occasionally.

3. Regarding Secrets: You don't need to find ALL of them, but one per level is desired. Some Tomb Raider games, however, have a secret level at the end if you collect all of the secrets and will need to be found in that game. That counts for Tomb Raider II on the PC re-release, Tomb Raider III on PSOne.

4. Not allowed to drown. You can jump off a cliff and die as much as you like. You can save as much as you like. BUT you can't drown more than once per game. This'll be difficult in Tomb Raider Chronicles when you have to swim back to the U-Boat with a broken breathing tank.

BONUS: 5. Each level has to be beaten in under one and a half hours. Two hours at the latest. This isn't tricky at all, but some people might need the extra time because of the no guide challenge. I've beaten some levels in Tomb Raider in under forty minutes with one, so two hours is possible.

BONUS: 6. You're not allowed to save halfway through a level and turn the game/console off. If you're going to play something else or quit for the day, you can only do so once you've finished the level you're on. If you really have to, then you'll have to play the level again from the start. Time and pace yourself well so that you don't end up in that position.

If someone wants to set themselves another or different challenge, feel free to do so. If you play along, you should aim to complete at least two or three of them, including ONE Bonus challenge.

Lara's Home Competitions:

I thought this'd be interesting too. I'd like to see screen shots of the fastest lap times of the assault courses in Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III and the quad bike track in Tomb Raider III. Times will go on to the leader boards below:

Rules:
    1. One submission per day.
    2. Your OWN pictures please.
    3. Have fun.

Leader board; Tomb Raider II Assault Course:

Leader board; Tomb Raider III Assault Course:

Leader board; Tomb Raider III Quad Bike Course:
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 02-08-2011 at 09:59 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

TFF's Resident Messenger Let's Play Tomb Raider! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Let's Play Tomb Raider!

If you are still interested in this, I would be willing to play along. I have Tomb Raider I and II. I have never played through either of them, but I think that it will be fun to play with you.

I totally understand if you don't want to. Your post is just over two months old (two months and one week). Get in touch with me if you want to.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm definitely still interested! Just I've got a whole heap of other stuff to do at the moment, so I might start this later. A couple of weeks or less, maybe...

Maybe by the time I do start, I'll be able to record me playing, so that'll be a bit of fun. Besides, I might do a little revision. I might be a top Tomb Raider fan, but that doesn't mean I remember how to get a key to open a door a mile away. ><

But yes. Soooon.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

TFF's Resident Messenger Let's Play Tomb Raider! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am ready whenever you are. You know how to reach me, so when you want to get started I will be right there with you. Trekking caves, exploring ruins, I hope we'll have fun.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies