Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X 2.0

TFF's Resident Messenger Let's Play Final Fantasy X 2.0 Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's Play Final Fantasy X 2.0

Seanb and I have been in talks to start a LP. We finally chose to do one on Final Fantasy X. If anyone wants to join us, feel free to. Also, if you want to suggest anything like challenges or restrictions, again, feel free to do so.

I first thought do a straight playthrough. But adding a challenge might be fun as well. I don't know. Tell us what you think.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Hewerya love...? Let's Play Final Fantasy X 2.0 seanb's Avatar

Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy X 2.0

I'm looking forward to this, when it starts.

A few suggestions I have of the top of my head would be:
    • No Aeons
    • No overdrives
    • A specific initial party that must be used at all times except in special circumstances. The party would be decided by the people in this LP's vote.

I don't think I could handle the mega 'NSGNSNCNONENNENBBNPC' described in the first FFX LP.

I hope people join up with us. Lots of fun to be had

The Mad God Let's Play Final Fantasy X 2.0 Heartless Angel's Avatar

I gave up on the NSGNSNCNONENNENBBNPC on gagazet last time... again. That Seymour fight is just tremendously gay with those conditions.

This time I propose a slightly less horrifying version of the challenge.

• No stat increases (similar to No Sphere Grid, but you CAN learn abilities, just not use any of the stat boosting nodes)
    • No customize (upgrading celestial weapons with crests and sigils is still okay)
    • No Escape
    • No No Encounters
    • No Blitzball
    • No Fighting with Aeons (you can still summon as a meatshield to take some of the nastier attacks bosses use, but you cant have them do anything other than shield or dismiss)
    • One Overdrive (Almost no overdrives, Mix is allowed, this makes handling the shitty stats much more... possible... in the later bits of the game)
    This is a version of the challenge I CAN say I've completed in the past, it's hard, but not so much so that it makes one want to chuck a controller through their TV... often.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

That sounds good, so the 'no stat increase' means for example; I can't raise a characters strength/evaision etc... but can learn things such as haste/dark attack?
    I hope it's not too impossible

Blog Entries

My Question is "One Overdrive". Is that per battle? And can the aeons use their Overdrive? I wonder because it would conflict with the "Meatshield" rule.

I am fine with setting up the party by voting. I am also fine with the "No Escape" and "No No Encounters", since I don't use them anyway. I was never good at customizing Equipment to begin with.

How difficult is it to complete the game with no stat increases? I mean, Sin is a powerhouse with its attacks, especially later on.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

TFF Adoption Agency

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Correct, stat increasing nodes are left slne, so you're the equivalent of a level 1 in the terms of earlier FFs, but you can learn any spells, specials, or skills.

One overdrive just means Mix is the only overdrive allowed, all others remain off limits. You can use it whenever it's up, but it's the only overdrive you can use. So summon overdrives and anyone else's overdrive are still forbidden. This is mainly because mix can compensate for alot of the problems the low stats can cause.

It's difficult, you'll be burning revival spells and phoenix downs like mad. But it's doable.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Okay, all of these ideas sound great. I am now going to second the idea that seanb suggested about the "voting for specific party". It's too bad that I didn't put a multi-poll in the thread when I made. I will just ask it now.

When there are the choices of the following, who do you choose for the set party?
    (Make your vote in a different color)

Tidus, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna

Tidus, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna, Kimahri

Tidus, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna, Kimahri, Auron

Tidus, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna, Kimahri, Auron, Rikku

I realize that for some battles, the party is set (i.e. Underwater, beginning of game). But when the party isn't set, these are my votes.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 08-27-2011 at 03:46 PM.

TFF Adoption Agency

Rikku, Tidus, Wakka. The best and only team needed.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I vote Rikku, Auron, Lulu

Blog Entries

I am going to start on Monday. Or tonight if I get bored. Here's what we have so far.

1. Aeon usage is restricted to Shield and Dismiss
    2. Only Overdrive allowed is Rikku's Mix
    3. No Escape
    4. No "No Encounters"
    5. No Blitzball
    6. No Customizing Equipment
    7. Only nodes that can be activated are Ability Nodes
    8. Set party- Votes are as of this post...
    Tidus - 1
    Wakka - 2
    Lulu - 2
    Yuna - 0
    Kimahri - 0
    Auron - 1
    Rikku - 3
    (It takes a while to get all seven players, so votes may change the final party.)

Wish me luck!

TFF Adoption Agency

Tidus - 2
    Wakka - 2
    Lulu - 3
    Yuna - 0
    Kimahri - 0
    Auron - 2
    Rikku - 3

Blog Entries

Michael's Story

Time Played- 0 hours, 20 minutes

Just got to the first save point after fighting Sinspawn Ammes. I had to use Auron's Bushido Overdrive, but only because it was the only choice I could make. I wanted to use Tidus' Overdrive (because I normally do), but I resisted. Auron managed to Overkill two of the Sinscales. One to get to Ammes, and one in the battle with Ammes. I am about to leave Zanarkand and enter Spira.

I will posting screenshots when I am able to get to the menu screen. That way I can keep track of my progress. It is the only way that I will resist breaking any of the rules.

EDIT: Quick question: I know that we can't customize equipment. Can we use equipment that is already customized? Fon instance, the equipment sold at the shops. Or, must we stick with the basic stuff.

Also, what of the battles with Belgemine? Can the Aeons fight then? These thoughts came to me while I was playing, so I wanted to know before I get to them.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 08-29-2011 at 09:41 AM.

TFF Adoption Agency

Aeons can fight on Aeon only fights of course.

Equipment that has abilities is fine, you just cant add more to them.

Blog Entries

Time Played- 0 hours, 30 minutes

Okay. I just wanted to be sure. Also, my webcam doesn't take very good pictures of the TV. It makes it too liney. I will be posting my characters stats and learned abilities instead.

Michael (Tidus)
    HP: 520 MP: 12
    Strength: 15 Agility: 10
    Defense: 10 Luck: 18
    Magic: 5 Evasion: 10
    Magic Defense: 5 Accuracy: 10
    Abilities:None

Time Played- 0 hours, 40 minutes
    Gil: 500

I just fought the Sahagin and Geosgaeno. I hate that each hit from Geosgaeno halves my HP. I got the Flint and Withered Bouquet, as well as the useful items hidden around the rooms (Hi-Potion, X-Potion). I am now wondering if these key items serve any purpose later on in the game. I normally just play straight through, but I want to take my time this time around.

Time Played: 0 hours, 49 minutes
    Gil: 550

Michael
    Abilities: S.LVL.: 1
    No Abilities

???? (Rikku)
    HP: 360 MP: 85
    Strength: 10 Agility: 16
    Defense: 8 Luck: 18
    Magic: 10 Evasion: 5
    Magic Defense: 8 Accuracy: 5
    Abilities: S.LVL.: 0
    Steal
    Use

Just fought the Klikk, and ???? joined the fight. I am on the Ship right now. Nothing much to be said. I have to sit through the Sphere Grid Tutorial, even though I won't be using it much.

Time Played: 0 hours, 58 minutes
    Gil: 575

Michael's Abilities: Cheer
    ????'s Abilities: Steal, Use

I have just entered the ruins. I learned Cheer, which is a good thing for this challenge. Since we can't use stat increase nodes, I will be using Abilities like Cheer to do the boosting instead. It may make the battles longer, but I don't mind. I did manage to Overkill a pirahna on the way down here. Not that it helped much. It only gave me 1 extra AP

I won't be posting my stats all of the time, because it takes too long. Mainly, when I get a new party member, or when I haven't done it in a while. I have to stop playing for now and take a break. It has been an hour. They say take a fifteen minute break every hour. I try to keep to that rule.

Time Played: 1 hour, 12 minutes
    Gil: 685

Michael
    Abilities: S.LVL.: 1
    Cheer

Rikku
    HP: 360 MP: 85
    Strength: 10 Agility: 16
    Defense: 8 Luck: 18
    Magic Defense: 8 Accuracy: 5
    Steal
    Use

Just fought Tros. I earned a S.LVL. from the Pirahnas right before I fought Tros, so all I got from Tros was money. I wanted to use Swordplay, but didn't. I did get to use Mix once in the battle. I combined 2 Grenades to make Flash Flood. More later.

Time Played: 1 hour, 25 minutes
    Gil: 885

Wakka
    HP: 618 MP: 10
    Strength: 14 Agility: 7
    Defense: 10 Luck: 19
    Magic Defense: 5 Accuracy: 25
    Dark Attack

Just got thrown off the ship by Sin. Headed to Besaid Village. I only added Wakka's stats because mine haven't changed.

Time Played: 2 hours, 41 minutes
    Gil: 1384

Michael: Cheer, Flee
    Wakka: Dark Attack
    Lulu: Fire, Thunder, Water, Blizzard
    Yuna: Cure, Esuna

Lulu
    HP: 380 MP: 92
    Strength: 5 Agility: 5
    Defense: 8 Luck: 17
    Magic: 20 Evasion: 40
    Magic Defense: 30 Accuracy: 3

Yuna:
    HP: 475 MP: 84
    Strength: 5 Agility: 10
    Defense: 5 Luck: 17
    Magic: 20 Evasion: 30
    Magic Defense: 20 Accuracy: 3

Wakka has 1 S.LVL

Headed to the boat after acquiring Valefor and Energy Blast. I am not posting anymore until someone else posts. This post here is getting too long.

I don't want this thread to get closed, so I hope by updating this post will prevent that from happening. I throw this request out there to all who see it: Please, anyone who wants to, play Final Fantasy X and post something along the lines of character stats or abilities up here.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 10-24-2011 at 08:08 AM.

TFF Adoption Agency