Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X!

The Lone Dagger Let's Play Final Fantasy X! Xithor's Avatar

Let's Play Final Fantasy X!

So after feeling a real sense of accomplishment from completely a level one FF IX game and answering some trivia on FFX I've got the inclining to play it again. So anyone up for it?

I'll be playing on my PS2 since my PS3 isn't backwards compatible We can do any challenge that people want to think of or race through it or whatever but I will def lose a race haha. Or we can just enjoy it and post our progress.

Right now I'll keep it at just a regular play through unless a majority wants to have a challenge.

Some suggestions for challenges:
    - No Aeons in battle (unless required by the game)
    - No Sphere Grid (pretty much X's equivalent of a level one play through in IX)
    - Only using certain characters (like Auron/Rikku/Yuna or any combo)
    - Keep characters in their own Sphere Grid section
    - No Items in Battle
    - No Overdrives

That's all I can think of but we of course don't need to have a challenge to the game. I just haven't played it in a while and would like to play it again. Anybody up for it?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

The Mad God Let's Play Final Fantasy X! Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: Let's Play Final Fantasy X!

I'm raising the bar, I suggest the almighty NSGNSNCNONENNENBBNPC Challenge

This means, No Shere Grid, No Summon, No Customize, No Overdrive, No Escape, No No Encounters, No Blitzball, No Party Change (Meaning once you've chosen your party, you can't change it again until you get a new character that you want to use permenantly instead).

I do not expect many of you to survive this challenge, it has broken many gamers.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Gau Let's Play Final Fantasy X! Gau's Avatar

Ok, I'm new to this level one or whatever. Can someone run me through what is going on? lol. I am deployed so have certain times I can get on
    UWAAAOOOAAAOOO!! I'm Gau. I'm your friend. Let's travel together!

-Gau

Oh yeah, I uploaded my profile pic but I cannot see it when I post a reply. What gives? Can someone help me with this?

-Gau

@Gau:
    When you go to upload your avatar make sure that once you upload it you select the button next to the section to use a custom avatar and then make sure to click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.

The level one challenge I was referring to in my first post was going through the entire Final Fantasy IX game from start to finish and keeping your party at level 1. It is definitely difficult to do at some parts because you have to inflict things like petrify so you don't get EXP from forced battles and Stop in others but the Bosses don't give EXP so you can flat out just beat them. As far as what HA was referring to he was saying that for Final Fantasy X which is what I purposed that we play through.

@HA
    Good lord man lol is it even possible to beat the game like that? I know being able to inflict damage in IX doesn't depend on your level it depends on the equipment you use so you can still inflict 9999 with several characters. I'm up for this ridiculously insane challenge though haha, might break stuff in my room out of frustration.
    Last edited by Xithor; 07-23-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

LOL! Ok, got it figured out now. Thanks a bunch for the help Xithor!

-Gau

It IS possible to beat the main story. You certainly won't be taking on Nemesis this way, but you can take BFA, which constitutes victory in this challenge.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

You're welcome Gau. Let's do it then HA I'm ready for another challenge after my level one FFIX. Anyone else up for it?

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

It won't be my first time taking on this challenge, and I warn you, you'll be hearing this alot.

Hahaha I had to listen to that clip just to orient myself with what failure is going to sound like lol. Ok me and HA are going to start this challenge. Once again it is a NSGNSNCNONENNENBBNPC Challenge (No Shere Grid, No Summon, No Customize, No Overdrive, No Escape, No No Encounters, No Blitzball, No Party Change).

Anyone feel free to jump in whenever you want to just let us know that you'll be joining us. I'll be starting this challenge later on tonight after I finish up a music video I've been working on for a couple of weeks now so I'll post once I get a few hours in on how things are going. Let's get it HA!

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

First Update on my playthrough:
    Ok so I'm 4 hours in to this difficult challenge and I have yet to get a Game Over =p ::knock on wood:: haha. I have just finished up the events at Kilika and got Ifrit as a new summon but of course I won't be using him. I had to use Auron's overdrive in the first stop in Zanarkard, I had to summon Valefor once bc of Yuna forcing me too but they can't be avoided. Since then I've just been fighting my way through with Tidus, Yuna, and Lulu primarily. I'm accumilating the SLevels already and everyone has a full overdrive bar but they won't be used anytime soon haha.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

I'm right at Kilika right now, fell asleep before I could go fight Ochu. Still no losses, it doesn't get bad for a while yet. And yeah, that forced Overdirve and Forced Summon are alright.

Currently running Lulu Tidus and Wakka.

Another 4 hours in an still no Game Overs trying to hold that one off. So that puts me at around 8 hours and I'm currently on Mushroom Rock Road. I managed to get all the way through it and am at the save sphere just before entering the base camp to watch Operation Mi'hen fail lol.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

This is one of the worst bosses for this challenge, Sinspawn Gui. once you get to the bit where you have Seymour's help, it gets much easier, but until that it depends entirely on what attacks Gui decides to spam. I beat him after 4 attempts, I was getting screwed on his attack patterns <.<. It's smooth sailing again now up until about Seymour.

Is Sinspawn Gui in the camp site? Oh gosh I'm booting it up right now and from the looks of your post HA I'm gonna get frustrated with this boss here soon. Lol

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Anything that can attack multiple party members is a nightmare for this challenge.

Oh man that Sinspawn Gui was the most annoying boss ever!! I died twice trying to beat that guy, and everytime the arms would regenerate back I was like darn it!!!!! But I finally got by him, then of course Seymour made him look like chump change with a few second-tier spells lol it was frustrating

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Made it to Seymour, you will likely go insane sometime around this point of the game. I gave up after 5 deaths. Anima is a tremendous waste of phoenix down, but it doesnt get nast until right after Anima when Seymour starts spamming multi-tier 3 bullshit. If you can find something to steal them from, get reflect curtains.

Yup, double post. I'm up to Seymour on Gagazet now. It sucks hardcore. this is the point where I threw in the towel last time I attempted this challenge. But this time, I shall overcome!