Thread: Lets play Chrono Trigger!

Certified tech, come at me! Lets play Chrono Trigger! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lets play Chrono Trigger!

Ok, i've been holding out on this game for sometime now because I wanted to set up other games but now I feel we should go ahead and start a playthrough of the game. If anybody wants to join, feel free to jump in at anytime cause we're playing Chrono Trigger yo.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you can play either the SNES, PSX, or DS version. It doesn't matter.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 07-04-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Currently Playing:

Re: Lets play Chrono Trigger!

I have put off most of my gaming over the last two weeks but as soon as I am done with BoFIII, I would love to jump on board with this title. I was actually going to suggest it after I got done with BoFIII haha.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

The Lost Writer Lets play Chrono Trigger! Psiko's Avatar

It has been too long since I've enjoyed this game. Count me in. In fact, I think I'll start playing it now...
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Lets play Chrono Trigger! V_Translanka's Avatar

I'll play, but my first major decision will be which version...maybe I'll check out Doctor L's re-fantranslation (but probably not lol)...I've already got the DS version easily available so I'll probably do that (especially since I never bothered with the alternate endings with that version)...What teams is everyone going to be using? I'm thinking of my least used Marle & Frog but idk...

After tonight I should be free to play, I will be playing the PSX version. If I play the SNES version I will be to tempted to cheat by using the new game plus option haha or access one of the quick endings.

This way I am limited and can give the game a full play through. As many people know my gaming time is limited to just a few measly hours a night so it might take me a while to get through this one.

Also there is a chance that I will be getting Assassins creed II in the immediate future. If this happens I will have to put this one on the back burner for a while when I receive the other one.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries

Ok, going to put down my current progress in the game. I'm in the future and I learned what I'm up against and I'm about to do the Jet Bike Race. Crono is level 15 and Marle and Lucca are level 14.

EDIT: Made some more progression in the game. I'm about to return to 600 ad, learned magic, and Crono is level 16, Marle level 16, and Lucca is level 15.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 07-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Currently Playing:

Just got my game up and running last night. Couldn't find my PSX copy of the game, which pisses me off to no end, so I am playing the SNES port of the game.

I just saved the queen and am heading back to the dimensional warp. I have skipped a few of the basic fights trying to catch up with Sabin so most of my characters are low level around 4-5. Current game time is less then 45 minutes, damn smoke breaks hahaha.

Not much other to report in on.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries

So i've been playing the heck out of this game and i'm about to get the Epoch. I powered up the pendant and i'm just running around getting all the items that are sealed up. Just gotta get to the dome thats at the other side of lab 16 and then do the sewer area. party levels are 37, 35, and 32
    Currently Playing:

23-22-21 or some where around that level.

Currently just watched Lavos drop in the prehistoric times. Got my first level 2 magic (lightning II) and haven't been level grinding much. Slash gave me a little problem because of my levels going through Magus' castle but over all it hasn't been that difficult.

Current play time is under 8 hours including smoke breaks and chatting with Sabin haha.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries

Update! I'm near the end of the game now. I just got to embark on some sidequests and then take on the mighty beast itself.

EDIT: right now, i'm just level grinding in the Geno Dome and i'm pretty much finished with the grinding. I'm going to take on the rest of the place now. Heres an example of how strong my characters are now.

DBL EDIT: Finally beat the game a few nights back. My final team was Crono, Robo, and Glenn (Frog).
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 07-30-2010 at 08:19 AM.
    Currently Playing: