Thread: Ramuh High

Blog Entries

Ramuh High

"KUPOPO!" "KUPOPO!"

"... geez is it... Oh hell nah!"

the 5'7 teen glimpsed at his Limited Edition Stiltzkin alarmclock, already aware that he had less than 15 minutes to get to school, which was about a 20 minute walk. The brown-haired sixteen year old grabbed his perochial tunic (the standard school garb), and put on his black button-up jacket with the insignia of R.H. near the top right shoulder, lightning bolt and all. On the back of the jacket had the name "Kali", a nickname, one known throughout the entire school.

Kaz Khali was only a sophomore at Ramuh High, but was already known as the most proficient user of the sword in the whole school. Not even the captain of the duelling club could touch him. Kaz was one of the most promising students that the academy had in quite some time. The young man was unmatched in every hand-to-hand weapon, which gave him the nickname of "Kali", a famous Hindu goddess, frequently known as the "Lord of Death". However, even gods had their downfalls. Khali was known as quite the joker around school, and with his witty comments and classroom antics, Kaz made friends with the students and enemies with the faculty. "The sword will only get you so far, Khali," was often the theme of Kaz's instructors. Kaz did not let this hinder him, for someday Khali wanted to become a great Paladin, much like his idol, Cecil Harvey.

After splashing a little water into the brown eyes of the future hero, Kaz quick ruffled his hair, and pulled a Energy drink: [Added effect: Haste] out of the fridge and drank it. Kaz quickly speedwalked down the stairs to the first floor of the dorms and made his way over to Ramuh High.

"man I hope Ms Matoya can't find her eyes today.." Kaz was already about five minutes late to class and still had to get to the second floor without being caught in the halls. Khali kept his head down from the windows as he walked past each classroom door. "Finally, roll for lucky 7s!" Kaz made it to the end of the hall on the second floor, which happened to be "Arcana History", a class that Kaz normally used for nap time. Kaz quietly opened the door only to see Ms. Matoya staring directly at him, no eyes in the sockets and all. "Mr Khali, that's a demerit for being tardy to class. Answer this question correctly or you shall face another demerit. The Death card is used to signify the physical death of someone or something, true or false."

"Umm, well I'd say true yeah, that sounds right." Kaz slowly talked himself into being confident with the answer. "Incorrect Mr. Khali, it symbolizes the end of the old and a new beginning, an increased self awareness, and a deep change within. Now please take your seat."

Kaz, completely defeated and all, slowly walked over and sat in his desk. As Ms Matoya continued lecturing about hanged men and chariots, Kaz slowly drifted into his bitter slumber, thinking about his demerits and how he wished to reload the day so far...
    Last edited by Rocky; 07-13-2010 at 09:02 PM.

The Lone Dagger Ramuh High Xithor's Avatar

Re: Ramuh High

Kenji sat in his desk in the back of Ms Matoya's class emptily staring forward as her monotonous voice echoed throughout the room. He brushed his long black hair from his face revealing his icy blue irises and gazed around the room at his classmates. His eyes locked onto Kaz, the wonder kid of the university, but with a polar opposite personality. He was asleep at his desk, as he usually was, but Kenji believed that he did indeed care about his work here at Ramuh High.

Kenji's weapon was laying at his feet, a long silver pole with two black tips on each end. He had become very adept at using it in battle and had almost achieved a mastery status in only his sophomore year.

"Pay attention Kenji, don't drift off on me." Ms Matoya quipped in his direction. Kenji rolled his eyes and looked up at the clock hanging in the front of the room seeing that he had another 20 minutes left in the class. "I am awake aren't I?" he snapped back at his instructor as a grin came across his face. Ms. Matoya's eyes followed Kenji's right to Kaz who was still sound asleep in his desk. Kenji brushed the hair from his face again as Ms. Matoya continued to lecture.
    Last edited by Xithor; 07-14-2010 at 11:13 AM.

School has just started and students begin to walk through Ramuh High's gates. Takahiro Kondo, 18, (Kondo Takahiro) came to school early to be in the band room to play his charcoal frost metallic Fenrir precision bass guitar, which is specially customized to be durable in battle as well as be able to transform into a broadsword at will.

He is known as Ramuh High's best yet worst hall monitor to ever exist. The school didn't have any choice other than to give him the job because he's the only one willing to do it. The times that he does his job well is when everyone is in absolute grave danger, but really, that doesn't happen too often. He has the potential to be fairly decent if he didn't spend a majority of his shifts in the school band room.

Takahiro does well academically and gets along with everyone with his cool, optimistic, and laid-back attitude. Although, the way he communicates with the faculty and his peers is off putting. He talks to those around him by drawing pictures, writing on pieces of paper, and/or making faces.

After time has passed, the third bell rings to denote that class time has started. Takahiro looks at the clock, gathers his things, and proceeds to class with his bass guitar strapped around him. He has dark, spikey, gray-ish, blue hair. He wears a black and white high collar jacket that is zipped up halfway for the collar to prop up and curve slightly and the sleeves are rolled up revealing black wristbands worn on both arms. Lightning bolts, the academy's symbol, is printed on the shoulders of the jacket. The inside of the jacket are a shade of bright cerulean.

Today, to his dismay, Takahiro has to monitor the sophomore section of the school or else the headmaster bans him from the band room. He enters Ms. Matoya's room with a 5" x 8 1/4" sketch pad and greets her by writing, "Good morning, Ms. Matoya. I'll be in charge of your section for the next month! (థ ౪ థ)"

"Takahiro-kun, welcome." Ms. Matoya greets after he hears him come in. Takahiro waves his sketch pad in front of her hoping that she reads what he has written not realizing that she isn't wearing her eyes today. One of the female students reminds Ms. Matoya that he doesn't speak and reads what he wrote outloud.

Ms. Matoya nods. "Well, then, it is a pleasure to have you with us," many of the students grin excitedly knowing that they are free to do whatever they want, "and you will do a great job as a hall monitor this time, yes?"

Takahiro annoyed by her sarcastic remark, angrily writes, "I'll show you, b^tch! (╬ ಠ益ಠ)" The same female student was about to say what Takahiro wrote, but was seized when he covered her mouth and instead said, "I will do my best!"

Takahiro manipulates gravity around him and hovers mid-air in a sitting position as he plays his bass guitar and watches the class quietly.
    Last edited by Azuteor; 07-13-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Memento Rhapso Ramuh High Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn!" shouted the blonde haired sophomore, running frantically through the Sophomore hall, his red trench coat and green hat flailing about him. He was going to be on time today, like most days, but today something new had happened. When he entered the main hall and headed for the Sophomore hall, a group of Seniors rushed to all of his sides.

"Yo kid, are you Kaz Khali?"

"No, I don't even resemble him, let me go to class"

"Oh?! Cos my friend here took quite a beating from him in Dueling Class the other day and says you are him! C'mon 'death god'! Let's dance!"

"Dancing isn't my thing" he said, solemnly drawing his rapier. He didn't like using it, but he knew that sometimes, he just had to. . .

The rapier glimmered red in the light, like his coat, and within a few minutes of precision slashing, all but one of the seniors were running.

"Woah-oh hey man, hehe, I uh, I uh mistook you for Kaz so, ya, uh, I'm just gonna go!"
    He fled like a lady. Although Rhap felt the EXP course through him, making him a tad stronger, he knew he wouldn't be up to Kaz's level any time soon. "So why did these seniors mistake me fo- OH GOD OH GOD"

Checking his novelty watch, which usually only says Hammertime in large letters, showed it was 15 minutes past time for class.

Running at top speed, trying not to trip over anything, he burst through the door and smacked his head into the back of the man floating and playing a bass guitar.
    Last edited by Rhaps; 07-14-2010 at 06:31 AM.

"Pay attention Kenji, don't drift off on me," Takahiro heard. He plucked the E string of the bass with index finger and starts playing the bass riff to the rock version of "Those Who Fight" by The Black Mages so the class can stay awake. As he jams to the song, his two fingers walk down the four strings of the bass while his left hand runs up and down the neck. The students move along to the groove of the song without any care to the Arcana History lesson. Takahiro took pleasure in their response and proceeded to play a little harder only to be abruptly hit in the back with full force. He floats off rotating and eventually hits the unfortunate student in slumber, but he still retains his original position with his bass guitar on hand.

Takahiro turns his head and sees a blonde haired sophomore. He brings out his pencil and sketch pad and writes, "Hey, you're late, haha." He writes a note of misdemeanor and gives it to him from across the classroom using gravity.

Kenji's attention was brought to the door as the blonde haired boy came stumbling into the class room and ran into the assistant that was hovering in mid-air. He can use gravity he thought to himself that's very impressive and not likely a skill that is easily mastered. His attention shifted back to Ms Mayota who also had been distracted momentarily by the entrance of the late student but she allowed Takahiro to issue his disciplinary order and continued with her lecture.

Kenji began to roll his four fingers on his desk creating a drumming sound as his attention began to dwindle. Looking back at Takahiro floating in the corner of the room and playing his guitar made him anxious, he wanted to get out of here and get to his next class, quite possibly one of the two classes that he enjoyed during the day, Ice Manipulation.

He hadn't chosen ice but had been assigned it by his advisor, who told him that they give students an element based on many characteristic that make up their personality. Apparently Kenji had the outward appearance of cold and a loner because he would have much preferred to learn to manipulate the element of lightning or fire even. But after attending the first few classes in Ice Manipulation he began to appreciate all the things that the element of Ice could accomplish. He was even able to convert his ice attacks into those of Water if a Fire manipulator accompanies his attack but he has yet to find a Fire wielder he thought was good enough to befriend.

Looking down at his left hand dangling at his side he began practicing conjuring a ball of ice energy. Clenching his fist he concentrated and felt his forearm get a chilling rush as opening his fist revealed a ice orb the size of baseball floating in his palm. Closing his fist he simply dissipated the energy back into his being and continued to form and dissipate the energy back and forth. After several successful manipulations he brought his hand up accidentally while it still contained a ball of ice energy and it shot up and struck the chandelier hanging in the front of the room over the space that separated the students from Ms Mayota.

Kenji turned brighted red embarrassed that he had accidentally shot off an ice spell so close to the end of Ms Mayota's lecture. Her cold stare shifted to him as he forced his complexion to return to normal.

"Kenji....elemental manipulation during a class that does not call for it is strictly prohibited."

"Yes I know, I didn't mean to shoot it. I was just-"

Just as he was finishing his sentence the support at the top of the chandelier began to crack and dislodged from it's hinge crashing to the floor bursting like glass all across the floor. Kenji rolled his eyes This would happen to me. Ms. Mayota looked back up at him with a cold stare. Getting up from his seat he began to walk towards Takahiro, "Guess my after school schedule now includes detention," he said as he extended his arm to accept the slip from Takahiro that he expected to receive. "You'll be cleaning this up before you leave for your next class...now sit down." Ms Mayoto said trying to hold in her anger.

Blog Entries

Sitting in his chair, Rhapso mulled thoughts around in his head.

"Jeez, the one day the hall monitor does his job, I arrive late. How will my parents take this. . ." He thought awkwardly staring at the chandelier. When the ice shot went off and hit it, he was a tad surprised, but more entertained.

"At least I'm not the only one with a demeanor now-" his thought was interrupted.

The chandelier cracked then fell, shattering into many shards which glittered and flashed about the room. One piece skidded to a halt next to his foot. He lifted it and examined the piece. Weak crystal, cheaply mined from the local caverns. Not even Lvl. 1 wyverns guarded this flimsy stuff. But, this made it easy to reform. To become a Battle Mage, his career goal, he had to work through the lower mage ranks. Getting special permission from the principal, he had enrolled in an alchemy class early, a vital skill of any mage.

When Kenji's slip was handed to him, Rhapso called out "Er, Ms. Mayota, may I serve my demeanor with Kenji? It'll save money on replacing the chandelier, I could use the practice, and it'll save him hours in work."

Since the morning's events, he had decided to build up some friendship. He'd need a party one day, especially if the cronies that attacked him came back with better items and equipment. Plus, extra credit in his only 6 star class sounded nice.
    Last edited by Rhaps; 07-15-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Ramuh High Magi of Worlds's Avatar

The bell for class rang after Arc Masami walked into his favorite class, and actually his only class for the day, Advanced Black Magic 101. Arc was a Junior this year and had excelled in this class for the past three. He was going to be a Black Sorcerer if it killed him. With purple dyed hair, dark green eyes and a totally white complecction Arc was considered a 'goth' by everyone else and he didn't care. He liked to wear faded jeans with a black t-shirt to school instead of the regular wardrobe. On his feet were black leather boots with steel spikes on the end. He always wears a dark gray cloak over everything else for casual reasons.

Taking a seat in the front near the teacher had never been a big deal to him and the Instructor had taken to him almost immediatly from the first day of class. Aside all that Arc was already considered a Black Wizard, one rank away from the station he desired, and could technically teach a class himself if he wanted. It was these reasons and more as to why Instructor Zarg Slacor always called on him for everything.

Arc knew practically everything there was to know and loved to give demonstrations to the rest of the class. They loved him, even if they weren't willing to admit it. Arc also happened to be friends with Kondo Takahiro and had been teaching him powerful magic spells like Gravity for a while now. Like Kondo he was pretty laid back so Instructor Slacor would let him do what he wanted until he needed him for a demonstration, like now actually.

"Mr. Masami will you please demonstrate how to use Gravity for the class please?"

Arc complied and made himself float into the air amid a few "oohs and ahhs" from the rest of the class.

"Thank you. Now Fira on this plant."

After a few more minutes of demonstrations Slacor let Arc go back to what he was doing while he lectured the rest of the class on how to use the spells Arc had just demonstrated effectively in combat.

The brief moment left the class some room to take a breather from the instructor's lesson. Some students put their heads down to take a nap or took the chance to pass a note to a fellow classmate. After the small interruption in Ms. Matoya's class, she continues her lecture for the next thirty minutes and everyone resumes putting up a bored front. Takahiro notices the displeasure on the class' faces and relates to their current feeling by sighing.

Takahiro finishes writing the disciplinary note, tears it from a notepad, and hands it to Raphso across the room using gravity. The student finds his seat and sits down with a grimace. His expression was interrupted by the destruction of the chandelier that hangs above the class' head. Takahiro looks in disbelief with eyes wide open. "Looks like it's my lucky day," he smirked with the thought, "Issuing two disciplinary notes could get the entire faculty off my hide!" He laughs quietly, but one of the students notices and raises an eyebrow at him. Takahiro takes his sketchpad and laughs behind it with eyes glimmering.

"Kenji....elemental manipulation during a class that does not call for it is strictly prohibited," Ms. Matoya scolded. Her face grows more rigid with quivering lips as if she she was holding back from saying terrible and biting words.

Kenji attempts to compose himself, but it becomes difficult for him as he stares at Ms. Matoya's chilling stare. "Yes I know, I didn't mean to shoot it. I was just-"

Takahiro busily writes a second disciplinary note.

The intricate glasses pieces crinkels back and forth, but grows louder as the support at the head of chandelier is deattaching itself from the ceiling. The students stare paralyzed wondering what they should do to protect themselves. The female students scream while holding on to each other. Then in a matter of seconds, the chandelier drops onto the floor and shatters.

After hearing the crash, Takahiro looks at the state of the incident and writes a more detailed report. He then takes a moment to look at the classroom and Ms. Matoya. The teacher's expression worsens and Takahiro quickly looks back at his notepad nervously. Kenji groans, rolls his eyes, and walks towards Takahiro.

"Guess my after school schedule now includes detention, huh?" Kenji extends his arm to recieve the note. Takahiro nods.

"You'll be cleaning this up before you leave for your next class...now sit down."

Rhapso, the first student to recieve a misdemeanor note from Takahiro, breaks the silence to offer Kenji some assistance since both of them will be in detention. "Er, Ms. Mayota, may I serve my demeanor with Kenji? It'll save money on replacing the chandelier, I could use the practice, and it'll save him hours in work."

"Huh. What a cool kid," Takahiro thought to himself. Still hovering in the air as if he was sitting on a chair, he places his bass guitar on his lap so he could use it to write on. He quickly wrote on his sketchpad, "Sounds good to me, Ms. Matoya. I'll make sure to keep an eye on them." Right under the sentence, in tiny writing, Takahiro scribbled, "If you do well and make my job easier, I'll make it worth your while and bring in drinks and ramen from the convenience store down the street. (Make sure you don't read this to the teacher, haha.)"

He shows it to Raphso and Kenji to read.
    Last edited by Azuteor; 07-19-2010 at 08:48 PM.

After receiving his disciplinary note from Takahiro he returned to his seat but he could feel the cold stare of Ms Matoya drilling holes in his back. As he sat down he heard Raphso make a suggestion to Ms Matoya, "Er, Ms. Mayota, may I serve my demeanor with Kenji? It'll save money on replacing the chandelier, I could use the practice, and it'll save him hours in work." Kenji glanced over at Rhapso and acknowledged his suggestion with a nod of thanks as his dark hair hung covering his eyes. Well wonder why he offered to help me out, not really in need of too much help.

Placing the the detention slip on his desk he attempted to stay composed through the last few minutes of the lecture. He then noticed that something was scribbled on the bottom of the detention slip. "If you do well and make my job easier, I'll make it worth your while and bring in drinks and ramen from the convenience store down the street. (Make sure you don't read this to the teacher, haha.)"

Well he thought to himself, looks like another gesture of friendship. Two in one day that never happens. He looked across the room at Takahiro and held up the detention slip that had been issued to him while Ms Matoya was scribbling something on the board and slightly nodded to him as well signaling that he got the message sent to him. Five minutes after Kenji had gotten Takahiro's attention with his gesture the bell rang to dismiss the class. Kenji rose from his seat and stood at the front of the class as Rhapso joined him standing at the front of the room. Takahiro floated in his same spot as Ms Matoya began lecturing Kenji.

"Kenji Sato, I do not know what you were thinking conjuring ice during my lecture. Not only was it extremely disruptive and disrespectful to my lecture, you put the lives of all the students in this class in danger but destroying the this chandelier and sending ice shards all over the classroom!" Ms Matoya screamed gesturing to the ice crystals spread all over the floor.

"With all due respect Ms Matoya, those ice crystals could not have harmed anyone. I was using too low a level spell to inflict any damage." You could almost see the steam coming from Ms Matoya's ears as her fists clenched and she held back her anger. Calmly exhaling she quietly said, "No excuses Kenji, you put everyone in danger," turning to Rhapso she continued, "late again Rhapso. Although you too received a detention I do not know why you wished to assist Kenji, I will allow it because of the suggestion from Takahiro, and you both will be left under his supervision. Finish quickly or you might be late to your next class." Finishing her sentence she left the room leaving Kenji, Rhapso, and Takahiro still in the classroom.

Kenji looked over at Rhapso and extended his hand to introduce himself, "My names Kenji Sato. Why you want to help me out?" Glancing up at Takahiro he inquired, "And getting us some free ramen huh? I'll try to make this as painless for you as possible." Turning his attention back to the chandelier crystals scattered across the floor he tried to figure a way to clean it up with using his hands but when he failed at that he strolled over to the closet and removed two brooms from the closet listening intently to hear if Rhapso or Takahiro were saying anything.

Blog Entries

"My names Kenji Sato. Why you want to help me out?"

Rhapso took his hand and shook it, and then said "Well, this morning I ran into a group of seniors. Not a problem, but they may level up and come back at me, ya know? Plus, I haven't got too many friends haha." With that, Kenji walked towards the closet, and came back with brooms.

"Oi, this is why I came." Rhapso said and moved to the shards, gesturing to put the brooms back. He traced a circle with many geometrical figures around the pile. He focused on the elemental structure of the shards, thought of their crystalline structure and atomic sequence and building, and slowly the circled glowed. As the circle's light intensified, the shards scattered about the room skidded over to the circle as well, and bonding with their remnants, they fused, rebuilt, and were a chandelier again.

"Kenji, could you layer this in an ice coating? It's structure will bond with ice, making it a lot stronger and harder to break. Takehiro, once he's done, could you use your gravity to put it back up in it's spot?"

As the chandelier was coated and rose up into it's place, Rhapso couldn't help but feel that something was off. . . Something seemed to be approaching in the hall, and it couldn't be good.

"Ah well," he thought to himself, "Probably paranoia."

Eating some of the ramen Takehiro brought, he couldn't help but exclaim, "Sweet Jenova man, where do you learn to make this?! This is the best ramen I've ever had haha."

Blog Entries

Kaz awakened in class to see hall monitors watching the class, broken chandeliers and shots fired. "Man I must of missed the most action this classroom has ever seen since the reinactment of Yang destroying the legions of bombs!" Khali thought to himself and let out a slow sigh. He overheard the blondehaired kid and another one by the name of Kenji will both be serving detention. Kaz didn't really know either of them personally, but at least it will liven up the detention time with fresh faces, or even just faces in particular. Kaz stuck around after the bell rang and listen to the two of them chat.

"My name is Kenji Sato. Why you want to help me out?"

"Well, this morning I ran into a group of seniors. Not a problem, but they may level up and come back at me, ya know? Plus, I haven't got too many friends haha." the kid named Rhapso let out a nervous laugh, but Kaz could tell he was threat could be real. Sometimes the cliques could get nasty with kids, and Kaz was no stranger to the hazing that went on. Though the abuse never evolved past the verbal assaults while on the way to the class (more than likely out of respect for Khali's weapon abilities), he heard plenty of horror stories involving less fortunate classmates, one of the more popular forms of the hazing was putting flakes of concentrated Midget Bread in an unsuspecting student, making them a miniture form of themselves for several hours.

"I wouldn't worry about 'em!" Kaz exclaimed. "None of those kids have ever laid a finger on me, we stick together and it'll be smooth sailing! By the way, I'm Kaz, nice to hang with you guys." Kaz smiled and put his arms around Rhapso and Kenji like they were already best friends. Kaz had some of Takehiro's ramen and then got ready for Dueling Club, but he thought he heard a faint noise outside. Kaz opened the door and looked outside but didn't see anyone in the halls except for an eccentric looking purple-haired kid. "Huh. Anyways, we should do this again! Like hanging out I mean, just not in detention, haha! Later." Kaz left the room and headed for the club room.
    Last edited by Rocky; 07-29-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Ramuh High Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Boredom welled up inside Arc as he wandered the hallways of Ramuh High. He had nothing to do and three more hours to do it. Seeing as there was no action in the hallways he headed for the detention room, his and Takahiro's usual hangout. He had just made it to the door when it swung open and there stood a brown haired Sophmore named Kaz. He eyed Arc as he walked through the doorway. Arc noticed two other novices in the room. All three looked like they had more fun with the blade than magic itself. He spotted Takahiro and nodded in greeting.

"Well what do we have here? You I know Kaz but who are the other two?"

Arc floated in midair using Gravity and leaned against the wall while he waited for an answer. While he was waiting Kaz left and closed the door behind him.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 08-02-2010 at 08:03 PM.