Quote Originally Posted by 01habbo View Post
It helps if the creator is always seen as motivated and excited about the rp, that way they inspire others to keep going.
Highly agreeing with this. It also VERY much helps if those that want to be involved in rping exhibits some enthusiasm. Hence why I am ASKING what you guys want to RP about so that if I do start and WRITE something, it will not turn out to be hours of planning down the drain. SIMPLY PUT: I want to, have experience, and have the time to start an RP. I simply would like some insight as to styles, subject matter, and formality of the RP(formal or informal)
---------------------------
Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
I've been known to carry on an RP with one person remaining for over 100 pages before finally getting new interest in the damn thing. Really annoys me when I see people give up because they couldn't get 20 people to start.
If I have any advice on how to get the rp forum active is that someone just needs to go ahead and just start an rp, you only need one other person to rp with and then you can start, people will naturally be drawn to it if they see something big starting, the other forum I was on was dead but the rp forum was active because me and a friend kept rping there, you don't need a huge group of people. If you worry about people not joining before you even write anything down then nothing will change.
It seems that if this discussion matters to more than one person, I don't see why it'd only have to be one other person. Several people have been active here for the past few days, and some seem mildly interested in RPing. Also re-addressing what I said above. I don't want hours of planning down the drain. I have time to start something. Just need and idea of styles and subject matter.
---------------------
Correction: No one wants to start.

There is a difference I see plenty of people that want to rp, there has been enough talk about it on this forum but no one is brave enough to start an rp, and I'm not knocking people for that because I do understand. You spend weeks going over your set up, planning it, writing it, deciding if there will be a battle system.Then you finally post it up, this piece of writing becomes your baby and joy and then no one joins and you are absolutely devastated. I get it no one wants to go through that disappointment.

If anyone does have an idea I'd be willing to help them with giving them advice and setting it up, even though I'm unable to start my own I'd be willing to help anyone out to set up one even though I can't join myself. (did that make any sense? )
With this, replying with my own quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa
I'd definitely would start something and to accomodate Outlaw Torn, we can definitely do it the old fashion planned post thing. Though just a few things:

- What will be the scope of your styles? Is it more thoughts or actions? I've done role playing with constant reflection, similar to that of a third person fantasy novels. Or did you want the method similar to that of Tolkien, who is more of an omnipotent style and action and event oriented.
-------------------------------------------
Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTorn View Post
When you want something, you go for it. You take the chance, roll the dice. Otherwise, you don't really want it.

That's how I was raised, and how I carry myself in everything I do. If you want it, you'll make an effort to obtain it when it's something as simple as creative writing.

EDIT: If there are really people here who want to write, why not get those people together, collectively hash out something? This way you avoid said fear of rejection, and have taken every possible measure to ensure a consensus when it comes to interest. When 5 people are dancing to the DM's tune, interest can dwindle FAST, but when 5 people are collectively building upon a brainchild, interest is more likely to be sustained, and fostered.

RP 101.

I think there's more to this story. Motivation seems to be a serious issue. No harm, no foil - this is a hobby, but right now the lack of motivation has ceased the day, week, month, year.

How bad can this want you speak of be? You haven't destroyed the RP section yet, so there is some hope left, but without stimulating the RP scene, it might as well not exist. Your Written Media can serve that function in it's current capacity.
AGREED.

MY POINT HERE: I'll start an RP. FROM YOU GUYS, I'd like a subject that, at the very least, we are all interested in and we can go from there.