Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days?

As there's been so many responses: I created a group in Skype, but I've only found the usernames of two of you.
    So anyone who wants to join: Either contact me or Loco or Yoko. (I suppose everyone in the group can add new members? At least I hope so. ^^")

I'd tell you my skype name, but I haven't figured it out yet, as I'm using my old MSN account for skype and I don't find the username. o_o

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Memento RK So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, so you did find my skype name ^_^; I'll be sure to add everyone when I get home this evening, that way we can get started sooner. I love the enthusiasm!!

So many ideas!!
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wanna do sum sum.. .

Although I used to rp in this place called Chatalot (still do sometimes, but it's slim pickins round those parts nowadays), I'm rusty. And my pic library is gone .. ;_; 6 months and over 2 gigs worth of images downloaded... all gone... lol

I have skype/msn.. Have Yahoo. Skype/Msn: [email protected] Yahoo: g_t0wn_h0tt1e

The Brave So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days?
    An RP can be fun when it can successfully immerse yourself into it's world.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uhmmmmm Y'all know you can use Outlook in your browser and still use MSN .... It'll just be in your browser and not a separate window.

Just use whatever email address & password you used to log into MSN and click the little message smiley face icon in the top right corner and bazinga.

www.outlook.com

I'm not sure if you can like -add- people to the chat or not though.

Or you could all go old school and use AIM. ahahaha

This is my sin... So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Lucid's Avatar
    I'm all for continuing Divided.

Sorry for not posting here sooner. >_<
    I missed you guys. T_T

Blog Entries
    I wanna rp something! ^^:;;;;

The Mad God So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I'm definitely up for some more Divided.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    What's Divided?

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I want to make an RP that people will want to read. Genre is: Fantasy

So far I have enlisted noxious.sunshine, and trying to get Dodie16 in on it too. If anyone would like to collab on this new RP, just let me know via VM or PM. We can work on the title and the content once we have our Story Writers. I have been wanting to RP for a while, but got scared off when my first RPB got mixed-bad reviews. This time it will be a story, not just a battle. I still liked the one I did, but I didn't want to get booed or anything so I quit. But I am back and trying to get the ball rolling again.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    I'm all down and stuff.

I've never been involved in any serious RPing here (or in any forum for that matter - I have my place that I've lurked around for many years), so I don't know how anyone else goes about posting or whatnot.

What I -am- used to doing, is at least having some sort of outline.

For Example:

Where will the story take place? (Make up your own country, find a "BS"-ish map, whatever as a reference)

Time Period (Which I guess won't really matter if it's fantasy, 'cuz we'll just assume it's medieval-ish)

What types of characters are allowed - Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, Humanoids/Halflings (things like half human, half snake, etc)

And most importantly, the primary storyline. Of course we can all just go to and fro and do whatever, but in my past experiences,
    kind of pre-planning/outlining something OOC can be extremely beneficial and help keep the storyline from getting boring and falling apart too soon.

And that's not to say that aside from a main "collective" storyline that side things can't happen.

These are just my own thoughts and ideas. This particular RP is RKH's, these are just kind of some things that I'm bringing up because I've never been involved in a Forum Roleplay before. I don't particularly know how it works.

All I can say is that I do have a lot of experience with RPing - in Real Time chat mostly - since '96 on and off. I don't know the standards for anyone else, but if I -do- invest my time into an RP, I put quite a bit of effort into it. My posts run -at least- a paragraph - usually more than that, it just depends on my mood and what I have to work with. And yes, I always make a pic for my characters.

Anywho. I realize that probably came off as really snotty, and I apologize. Like I said, this is RKH's deal, so it's all up to him ultimately. I'm just putting my 25 cents in to try and make something work. ^_^;;;; BESOS!

Negatively Awesome So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? XXII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post
    I want to make an RP that people will want to read. Genre is: Fantasy

So far I have enlisted noxious.sunshine, and trying to get Dodie16 in on it too. If anyone would like to collab on this new RP, just let me know via VM or PM. We can work on the title and the content once we have our Story Writers. I have been wanting to RP for a while, but got scared off when my first RPB got mixed-bad reviews. This time it will be a story, not just a battle. I still liked the one I did, but I didn't want to get booed or anything so I quit. But I am back and trying to get the ball rolling again.
    Hey I'd like to help.
    Yeah I'm not the greatest rp-er around, but I love writing, especially fantasy themed stuff. So err... yeah.
    I'm in
    "If you violate laws of God, you're a sinner.
    If you violate laws of men, you're a criminal.
    If you violate your own laws, you're pathetic.”

"Tiger Hair" So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? HeroZero's Avatar
    If you do end up doing it on the forums rather than in skype or something I would love to read what happens. Always curious what people think up to be honest. Wouldn't mind being a sounding board for ideas if you need that too.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Lady Succubus So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To answer your question, Divided is an old RP that's been postponed for a while now. I really love that story and want to get back into it. I think I'm controlling like two or three characters in it. >_>

I still think about my character on Divided. I'm just lazy.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Honestly, to answer the main question of the thread, I have two reasons as to why I haven't been forum RP'ing.

First and foremost, I left TFF for quite a while. With that, I hadn't joined a new forum community (seriously, that is. I've posted in one or two and left them soon after) so forum RP got thrown out the window. As it stands, I guess I got turned away by how inconsistent things can be with responses. If you've got one person who needs to respond to continue the story-and they don't? You're screwed. Sadface.

Second, is because I've been enjoying active RP in a game environment (namely FFXIV). It sort of relieves the issue of waiting for a response, as the most you'll be sitting around is half an hour or so. If someone falls inactive, there's usually an excuse you can use to explain it and in the case of relationship RP, move on. There are some downsides to it, admittedly, but overall I find it a good experience.

Have your eyes been opened? So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Nehi's Avatar
    Rping does require some effort from everyone in order for it to be alive and thriving. Seriously, even a bad rp with a bad rp can develop into something better if the people involved are willing to persist with posts. As it stands from experience, a general rp will not flourish if the people involved don't commit to it. 1 to 2 individuals can only so much before boredom takes a hold. (From what I've seen anyway)

Every day and before I go to sleep.

I think of what is happening with my characters from The Numbers and Divided ORPG all the time. I enjoy it.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Have your eyes been opened? So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Nehi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Every day and before I go to sleep.

I think of what is happening with my characters from The Numbers and Divided ORPG all the time. I enjoy it.
    As I skimmed through this thread, I noticed you guys mentioning the Divided Rp. I skimmed through the (Dare I say this) rp graveyard, and I couldn't find the divided rp mentioned. If it ever gets up and running, I would love to join!

CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Oh thank you! Although, for a second I thought you guys meant Divided Connections.

I don't know if many of the people in that RP are active today as much as I am on the forums.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

The Mad God So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I still am, and would anxiously await a reboot to that one. I still have a word doc containing brainstorm sessions on my character's development somewhere on one of my old SSDs. I really should transfer some files at some point...
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? LauriJ's Avatar
    I guess it's because Forums are rather ill-suited for RP's. If you like, you can add me to your Skype friend list and then RP with me there.

Banned So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days?
    I'd have to disagree, 150%.

This new trend of Rp'ing via skype, or other chat clients is ill-suited for the format of proper creative writing. It's a weak, sloppy and half-assed method used by amateur teenagers. There is no better medium for Role Playing then Play-by-post, other than table top, depending on who you ask.

And it's maybe not the best idea to say shit like, "Forums are ill-suited for RP", on an RP Forum.

The Quiet One So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's pretty variable depending on what you want out of it. Back in the day before I RP'd here, I did AIM RPing and had a blast doing it. We'd play for 3-8 hours and do some crazy fun stories. Since it was all improv things were very dynamic and went to some very interesting places. I enjoy whatever aspect to RP in as long as everyone is having a good time.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Banned So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days?
    Writing for me became something more than a good time long ago. I have a blast doing it, and few things satisfy me more, but it's not a game to me anymore. About 4 years ago someone who loved writing, and story telling more than I ever could, someone I loved dearly passed away. After that I began writing a story for and inspired by that person. It was through that story I realized what I'm here, on this forsaken rock for.

Writing should be fun, but not at the cost of the story, or art form. That's my problem with improv, "**** It" RP'ing. I don't have 8 hours to waste doing nothing. I'd put in a shift, or work on Final Fantasy, or Legacy Written Blood before I ever go back to "**** It" writing. Those types of players are the reason millions of damn fine RP's failed epically, falling short of their potential.

The ruined art far outweighs the good times in my eyes.

Could also be the reason this site's RP activity is in the negative, effectively rendering it a mere Final Fantasy Discussion Forum.

Courage, Character, Confidence. So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Lunasa's Avatar
    I'm down for roleplaying, honestly. I'd love to start something, create a template and so-forth, but I also would want to know if people ARE interested in rping, and if they are, what they want to rp about. I'd hate to go through all the effort to just end up with cricket sounds.

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

Anything fantasy that involves combat, you can pretty well count me in.

Courage, Character, Confidence. So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? Lunasa's Avatar
    I'd definitely would start something and to accomodate Outlaw Torn, we can definitely do it the old fashion planned post thing. Though just a few things:

- What will be the scope of your styles? Is it more thoughts or actions? I've done role playing with constant reflection, similar to that of a third person fantasy novels. Or did you want the method similar to that of Tolkien, who is more of an omnipotent style and action and event oriented.

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast