Thread: Roleplay Battling

The Old Skool Warrior Roleplay Battling LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Roleplay Battling

So.

People keep asking about the Tournament of Arms. When will there be another one? My answer is always the same. Until we get an influx of RPB activity, there is no use in running a full tournament.

In its stead, I propose we run a series of mini-tournaments. Four players at first, with different people as judges. Nothing official. Just something to spark a little activity. Maybe do them in rounds like FIFA does the World Cup qualifiers. (Sorry, just making a reference to current events.)

With success, we can do it again with different players. And with continued success, we could look at a small, eight-player tournament. If that works... do it again with fresh blood. And should that work out in our favor... then I'll organize another TOA with 12-16 players, and we might just rebuild what was once a great annual tournament.

BUT BEFORE ANY OF THIS...

We need some activity in ye olde RPB forum.

I don't mind the kids (and adults, I don't mean "kids" in a derogatory fashion) who just want to do their quick little fights with asterisks or whatever else they'd like. They need to do that in the informal roleplay forum. I'm not going to stop them, because they have every right to post however they'd like.

What I do want to see is a revival of the fittest.

I love how everyone talks about how "no one new writes like the old days" or some other excuse there, but any time any of us try to do anything about it, we forget after a week's time. Are we really all that old and senile?

I'd like to participate in some of this writing. I'd like to participate in some of these little mini-tournaments. I'd like to get more involved myself. I'm not going to put forth the effort if nobody else shows up.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Lady Succubus Roleplay Battling Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Roleplay Battling

I haven't RPB'd in a really really long time. Might have to chalk up a new character to use. I'm definitely interested in putting up the effort.

So we'll see who else wants to join in on the fun.

Blog Entries

Definitely sounds interesting and maybe having the smaller numbers will keep the mini-tournaments more active, ToA always seems to lose half its active members before the end of the first round or so.

I'll give it a go too. I'm ridiculously busy right now though so I probably won't get to anything here until I catch up in my RPs, so I'm looking at next week. If anyone wants to do an RPB then let me know. XD Otherwise I'll do an open challenge thread.

~DragonHeart~

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

How about having one of these in the informal forum too? It's not exactly standing on its own very well. We just need to find 4 people that wouldn't mind doing a casual RPB (and with relatively little RP exp, preferably).
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Synthesized Ascension Roleplay Battling Zardoch's Avatar

As I just posted a response to Psiko's thread in RPB, lol, I'd like to state I'm going to be 100% more involved in both battles and regular role-play. Specifically, if you need any help with anything (I can judge too), contact me.

On a related side-note, I seem to have a couple characters I have yet to practice with. So if anyone would mind helping me test them out, throw me a message. One in particular is a fusion of a Predator and a symbiote (e.g. Venom). Buwahaha, the idea of it still makes me giggle.