Thread: Role-player Registry

The Quiet One Role-player Registry Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Role-player Registry

There pluses and minuses to doing this I know, but I don't really care. I want to get people talking and understanding the others that play in here. There's potentially a lot of RP/Bers out there and we all have different skill levels, talents, interests, etc. So I'm making this as a place to list everyone here. I don't know how well I can update it, but I'll try to do something like a last active date or something so when you're looking for people you can see who around. I don't know how well it'll work out, but I'll try it.

The Registry will hold a link to the post for each person that contains a more detail description while the Registry will simply hold a quick glance.

Registry:

Aerif (SRP)
    5 years experience
    Fan based RPs
    Heavy Planner, but soft of description.
    Can juggle multiple RPs.
    Last Active: 6/20/10

Andromeda (Exclusively RPs)
    8 years experience
    Open for anything
    Character focused, but wordy.
    Reliable, but slow.
    Last Active: 7/5/10

Ashura (SRP and SRPB)
    3 years experience
    Exclusively Fantasy
    Fantasy, but lacking non-fantasy experience.
    Reliable, but will stop when interest is lost.
    Last Active:

Atma-Noah (RP and some RPB)
    8 years experience
    Open to anything, leans towards fantasy.
    Uncertain currently, but trouble with story flow and inconsistent posting.
    Lurks and summers tend to be a bad time.
    Last Active: 6/13/10

Cetra-Aeris (RPB)
    6 years experience
    Fantasy RP
    Good at character development and the world, but forgets the small details and trouble writing dialogue.
    One or two posts a week.
    Last Active N/A

Dragonheart (SRP and SRPB)
    9 years experience
    Fantasy focus, but open still.
    Character focused, but unfamiliar with non-fantasy.
    One owned RP, One RPB, but many RPs.
    Last Active: 7/11/10

Heartless Angel (SRP)
    5 years experience
    Original Fantasy and some Sci-fi
    Adaptive, but overpowered characters.
    Always available.
    Last Active 7/19/10

Leon (RPB)
    5 years experience
    Any Genre RP
    Can do the unexpected, but a little slow and light on writing.
    One RP, one post a day.
    Last Active N/A

LocoColt04 (RPB)
    9 years experience
    High Fantasy, Medieval and Futuristic
    Willing to take a hit for a good story and well-rounded characters, but recaps being redundant and trouble with continuity at times.
    Available for one post a week.
    Last Active N/A

Luna (RPB)
    3 years experience
    Any RP
    Intricate plots, but trouble with details.
    Once a day.

Mistress Victoria (SRP and SRPB)
    8 years experience
    Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Plot Drive, but less character driven.
    Requires interest to maintain activity.
    Last Active: 6/21/10

SeleneHime (SRP)
    5 years experience
    Sci-fi and Fantasy
    Character development, but slow writing so posts usually shorter
    Later half of the day, usually
    Last Active:

Unknown Entity (RP)
    1+ years experience
    Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Character development, but gets caught up in the details.
    Available anytime.
    Last Active: 6/10/10

Violet (SRP)
    10 years experience
    Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Character development, but slow in writing.
    Available, but requires to be in the RP mood.
    Last Active: 1/13/10

Xithor (SRP)
    5 years experience
    Fantasy, but will to try others things.
    Character development, but difficult to do interactions.
    Currently available, future unknown.
    Last Active: 7/19/10

Name: Andromeda
    Years Role-playing: 8 on TFF (3 years in addition elsewhere)
    Preference: I stick exclusively to RPs, I don't RPB at all, not because I think it's bad or anything, but I prefer stories and characters rather than focusing on a single fight.
    Genres: I'm fine with doing any genre, but I certainly have my experience in fantasy.
    Strengths: I tend to be very character driven and focus greatly on their development. So I believe that my strength lies with my work in the characters I play and explore. I also think I have found a solid balance between comedy and drama that provides the strong tension of an intense situation and the release of a will time moment of silliness.
    Weakness: I tend to be very long winded and have trouble doing anything brief. It is very typical that even a minor action will require several paragraphs before execution.
    Availability: I can usually maintain a few RPs at once if their pace is not too fast. Otherwise I'll be unable to keep up with the posting habits. I tend to be very busy with work.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries
    Name: DragonHeart

Years Role-playing: Nine years, all here at TFF.

Preference: Structured RPs and RPBs.

Genres: I usually do fantasy but I'll try anything once.

Strengths: Definitely characters. Mine tend to be focused in their goals with an emphasis on character interaction.

Weakness: Setting, particularly non-fantasy ones. I tend to neglect adding the descriptions in if I'm doing a particularly interaction-heavy post, causing the talking heads or white room effects.

Availability: I will only run one RP but I can participate in multiple RPs. RPBs I limit to one at a time. It may seem a bit backwards but I find RPBs to be more difficult to pull off well, and mine tend to be more story-oriented so they end up with RP characteristics.

~DragonHeart~

HRH Albha Role-player Registry Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Role-player Registry

Name: Aerif

Years Role-playing: Five years, four of which have been at TFF.

Preference: Structured RPs

Genres: Mainly fantasy, more likely to participate in fan-based than original

Strengths: Story, every single one of my RPs/characters have had a clear goal set out from the start. I tend to plan things out a lot in advance.

Weakness: Desciption, sometimes I gloss over certain things such as what characters look like or what rooms look like. My posts tend to focus on conversation as well which may not be to people's tastes.

Availability: I'm able to maintain or participate in as many RPs as I have interest in. Although sometimes this can lead to typos such as incorrect name usage. I don't tend to RPB, but have done so successfully a few times.

Lady Succubus Role-player Registry Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Mistress Victoria
    Years Role-Playing: 8 here at TFF.
    Genres: Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
    Strengths: Character and story development. My style is more plot-driven than character-driven.
    Weaknesses: Character 'monologue.' I tend to gloss over what goes on in my characters' minds. Monologue in dialogue form is easy, but the detailed descriptions need work. (Although this could be argued that it's not a weakness, more of a different style of writing.)
    Availability: I'm able to keep up with RPs I'm interested in, but I'm kind of slow sometimes.

The Lone Dagger Role-player Registry Xithor's Avatar

Name: Xithor
    Years Role-playing: Five years, mostly on other forums. Just becoming more involved in all aspects here at TFF
    Preference: Structured RP
    Genres: Fantasy is my preferred RP but I'll try anything at least once
    Strengths: Character development, my character is not all described in the first post that I make with them, I develop them over the entire RP and reveal things about their personality as I go
    Weakness: Interactions, I sometimes have trouble finding a way for two characters in an RP to interact without feeling like I'm controlling, unless it's painfully obvious.
    Availability: Depends what happens in the future with school after college but as of the moment I'm available and happy to contribute.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

The Mad God Role-player Registry Heartless Angel's Avatar

Great idea, I may have to do this on my own site o.O

Name: Heartless Angel

Years Role-playing: 4 or 5 years, dont't really remember the date on my first.

Preference: I mainly stick to structured RPs. That's not to say I won't occasionally go join an RPB and maul people for no particular reason now and then... but it's not really my niche.

Genres: I mainly like past setting fantasy. I've been in a few very nice future set fantasies, but alot of the time, they just don't interest me as much. Sci-fi RPs are usually fairly interesting, though you don't see nearly enough of them. And that's not just here, that's pretty much everywhere I've RPed. I prefer Original stories and settings most of the time, but when run properly, Spinoffs can be just as entertaining.

Strengths: One of my biggest strenghts is my ability to plan ahead, and compose quickly. I RP like I play chess, I've got a reaction planned for multiple things I expect someone may post, as a result, I can compose a half page post in about 3 minutes, and I have some means of getting online just about anywhere, so I'm never going to be the guy holding the story up. Also, I'm pretty good at weaving humor into stories. Some would tell me I've got alot of talent with character development, I've actually had people tell me they cried when I killed off my characters XD.

Weakness: I don't get very wordy in most cases, even though I'm perfectly capable of doing so. There are alot of details I just don't consider important enough to write, so I end up ust barely making length requirements in some RPs. Of course other times I'll turn around and post a freakin' novel and piss off less experienced players on other sites. Also, I tend to make my characters overpowered, something I've been working on, but I still occasionally overstep my boundaries. Not quite into the Godmodding stage, but past most people's tolerance levels.

Availability: I've got near limitless free time. I've usually got TFF, Youtube, and a bunch of other crap open on my work computer, even when working I've got time to post. At school I hardly pay attention, so I just mess around here on my laptop, and of course at home I can get on here whenever I damn well please. I'm currently partiicpating in like... 7 Rps, and running 3 of them, I've got no problem with participating in more than that.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Glowing Ball of Awesome Role-player Registry Ashura's Avatar

Name: Ashura
    Years Role-Playing: Three years at most, at various other places.
    Genres: I will only do Fantasy Role-Playing.
    Strengths: I guess it would be Fantasy setting and character creation and appearance.
    Weakness: I'm not well in non-Fantasy enviroments and appearances, that's why I will only do Fantasy-themed RP.
    Availability: I can continue my progress in a RP, but I may abandon the ones I don't find interesting, nothing personal. Very rare if I do slow replies.

Contact me for signature/avatar request.

Name: Atma-Noah
    Years Role-playing: Eightish? Stated here and have jumped around since then.
    Preference: Has done both Rps and Rpbs but I'd say I like role plays more.
    Genres: Is up for anything but tends to stay to fantasy realm things
    Strengths: I don't know, I'm not good at self critiquing. I'm sure everyone else more or less can figure it out. Aerif, Andro might know haha.
    Weakness: Inconsistent count? Sentence structure lacks flow usually. Posts are few and far between which often means story gaps.
    Availability: Usually lurking, but am known to disappear over summers
    EBG

The Old Skool Warrior Role-player Registry LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Years Role-playing: Nine, though rarely (if at all) in recent times.
    Preference: Undoubtedly RPB, though if a good open RP catches my eye...
    Genres: High Fantasy, Medieval, Futuristic (but not necessarily all sci-fi)
    Strengths: Vocabulary, grammar, and the willingness to actually take hits now and again in order to make the writing interesting. Most characters are built with their own strengths and weaknesses in order to overcome some type of disadvantage.
    Weaknesses: I sometimes will spend a bit much time recapping events from the prior post from my character's standpoint, which makes posts too redundant. Also, sometimes I have issues with continuity (i.e. weapon dropped here, but was picked up there).
    Availability: Meh. I could easily throw in a minimum of one post per week. Trying to get me more active than that would be a bit difficult between work, friends, games, etc.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Air from my lungs. Role-player Registry Violet's Avatar

Years Role-playing: Generally ten years all together.
    Preference: My favorites are regular/structured RPs. I don't like fanfiction-canon RPs. I haven't tried RPBs as much, but I am slightly interested in them.
    Genres: Sci-fi and Fantasy. I also like modern, although I can do any time-frame.
    Strengths: Character depth, getting my facts straight, my imagination, and grammar.
    Weaknesses: I take time to write, so I may be a bit slower at responding. I will definitely respond, I can guarantee you that. It just may take a day or two depending on the flow of the RP. I'm also not too good with starting conflict...I fear that my responses can be a bit boring at times.
    Availability: I'm available when I feel like it, pretty much. If I'm not in an RP mood, I won't RP. I'm online a lot, however.
    Last edited by Violet; 07-22-2010 at 02:14 AM.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Years Role-playing: About one or two years... more like one.

Preference: I dislike huge, structured and complicated RPs which make me feel as if I have no free will or control over my character. I will engage in a story, but when I'm told what my character has to do, that's a bit of a put off.

Genres: Fantasy/Medieval (from experience). Also survival and sci-fi, from what I've read. I'm not too hot on modern, but I can give it ago.

Strengths: Character development and grammar. My vocabulary isn't terrible either. I spend a lot of time describing, setting the scene, and assigning actions than applying speech (RP posts that are primarily nestled in quotation marks tend to get boring really quickly for me).

Weaknesses: I can spend too long on one thing sometimes, which'll drag my role out for even longer. I end up with so many ideas that I want to write about in one sitting, that gets a little too long. I have to learn to skip certain parts, perhaps. Also, I worry that I take control or god mod sometimes with interactions involving another character (even though I probably won't).

Availability: Most of the time/evenings, or when the "mood" grabs me. I don't really have a "life".

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Quiet One Role-player Registry Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I updated all of the information the registry. I even got the last active dates updated. Sorry I didn't get the last few of you until now. Getting used to the work schedule screwed me up for a while making me very absent-minded about a lot of things. Anyway, it'll all up-to-date now.

Aspiring Author Role-player Registry SeleneHime's Avatar

Figured I'd chance posting in here.

Name: Selene.

Years Role-Playing: Going on 5.

Preference: Structured RP.

Genres: Fantasy, fandom, or some Science Fiction.

Strengths: Character development is certainly my strongest point, followed by description. Usually my posts paint a clear picture without info-dumping, and include a good variety of steady information. Another strength is with more dark plots, being able to contribute easier to them.

Weakness: Well, judging from the critiques on my written works, grammar is my weak point. Passable, but nothing to write home about. Another main weakness is while I can and will write long posts, it takes me a while due to being a slow writer/perfectionist. So I can usually settle for two to three paragraphs.

Availability: Due to being in the last few months of my senior year and recently having moved onto sixteen acres of land, my time is more limited than it was, but due to being homeschooled I still have time to reply in late mornings/afternoon and evenings. Note that the availability may change on some days.
    Last edited by SeleneHime; 01-15-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:
    LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles
    LoZ: Into the Shadows
    PKMN: Chronicles of Erana
    PKMN: Dragon Knight
    PKMN: Rising Darkness
    SM: Celestial Shadows
    FF: TBD (Title To Be Decided)

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray
    Leaute: The High One

Scourge of Yggdra (Triology)
    SoY Extras

Miscellaneous Collection (Short Works):
    Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Role-player Registry Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

I'll give it a try. I'm bored.

Name: Leon

Years Role-playing: 5 (as of January 2011)

Preference: I've been doing battles (under my own rules, since I'm an Admin in a different forum), but recently I've been trying just RPing. I think it's nice, so I'll try anything.

Genres: Anything is good. Perhaps the good ol' heroes banding together to defeat a common evil?

Strengths: I can give a good paragraph, throw in a punchline every now and then, and probably do something unexpected (in a good way, of course). I'm a fanfic author, after all.

Weaknesses: I can be kind of slow sometimes, and there's been lots of times I can only dish out a 3-sentence paragraph. But I've been improving.

Availability: Since I'm just starting out on TFF, I'll begin with just one RP topic. However, I'll probably expand to more to a level I'm comfortable with. As long as it's not too fast-paced. Definitely one post per day, at least.

I'll give Role-Playing a try. I think I did good at the Quistis Ball, despite it's just me talking to myself and the occasional guest.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Role-player Registry cetra_aeris's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hoping to jump back on the RP boat, so I'll post here. <3

Name: Cetra_Aeris
    Years Role-playing: 6 years total, probably about 3 total on TFF.
    Preference: I prefer structured RPs although I have and can do battles or fight scenes in an RP. I prefer to have a layout or plan to work with, like a antagonist and main goals for the characters to work towards, but how they get there and what happens after being up to the RPers.
    Genres: I tend to lean more towards Fantasy genres ir Fan-based RPs. When it comes to original RPs I tend to overly plan them and do a great deal of research to get certain details right.
    Strengths: I think that my greatest strength is probably the surrounding world and plot of an RP as well as my characters. I'm good at portraying my characters and giving details about their surroundings
    Weakness: When I really get into a post I can occassionally forget small details and I have a hard time writing conversations or battle posts portraying another's chaaracter without first discussing and planning it with the creator before hand. I sometimes tend to have grammer mistakes as well, but they're slowly depleting over the years to not as many.
    Availability: Depending on what's going on I'm available for maybe one to two posts a week. Between work, taking care of my daughter and school it might occassionally take me a bit of time to reply. I have been in as many as 5 RPs at once, but that is usually during the summer with nothing else going on.
    Last edited by cetra_aeris; 02-07-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Dark Knight Role-player Registry Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar

Name: Luna
    Years Role-playing: Uhh.... since I was...11, I think. Probably before then. Maybe a year later.
    Preference: Whatever doesn't force me to type paragraphs or read paragraphs. Too much detail is just stupid and leaves nothing to the imagination.
    Genres: I only like non-fan-based, usually. Every so often there's a fan-based I enjoy. But it has to be open ended and not force me to interact with characters from the series that the players/RPM can't possibly duplicate right.
    Strengths: I'm good at intricate plot weaving. Aside from that, I'm okay, I guess.
    Weakness: Detail. I'm poor at it. Although, if I wanted to, I could be quite good, but once in a blue moon will I really reveal more than has to be.
    Availability: Once a day, everyday. Multiple times if I get into it.
    SPOILER!!:

Registered User Role-player Registry Alex's Avatar

I'll give this a try, but have noticed there isn't much activity going around here anymore ...

Name: Alex
    Years of Role-playing: Well, I've never Role-played!
    Preference: I would really want to get into RBP, just for the fun. And RP, since I like to write and develop characters.
    Genres: Any Fantasy will do good.
    Strengths: I really like writing dialog, and developing characters.
    Weakness: Details, since I'm not born with the english language (Swedish), I may not always be correct, but I write a lot of english, so don't see that as a big problem.
    Availability: Once a day, maybe 4 times a week ( If I get a lot to do )

I've been wanting to have a try at RP for ages so sign me up xD

Name: RavenZecht (or Benny whichever is easier)

RP Experience: Zero i'm a noobie!

Preferences: Fantasy either medieval or modern i'm comfortable trying both.

Strengths: Decent writer and relatively strict with grammar and spelling in my posts. Also good at describing characters and creating interesting development arcs.

Availability: Almost every day
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Registered User Role-player Registry

Name: Hamlet 7768

RP Experience: <1 year actual online roleplaying, ~4 years amateur stage acting

Preferences: Science-fiction, fantasy, real-life, but mostly what I'm familiar with. Structured, also.

Strengths: Good with grammar and spelling, giving reasons for how things work in the RP universe, overall plot turns

Availability: Most of the time, especially at night.

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar

I'm back and in an RPing mood. Might as well fill out this form. I am up for some active RPs these days though it looks like it's currently pretty slow in tff

Name: Quistis

Years Role-playing: give or take 8 years here in TFF and in Guild Wars.

Preference: RP and RPB

Genres: Fantasy, Modern, Horror, whatever! Not too sure about science fiction yet but I am adventurous.

Strengths: Character development. 'Nuff said.

Weakness: English is my second language and although I have been writing and speaking it for many years, I still struggle to find words to describe things very often.

Availability: I am a very active RPer. I used (and still can) post in RPs daily or multiple times daily (provided that co RPers post obviously). I know I have been in and out of TFF in the last few years but here's hoping that I stick around.