Thread: Looking into some ideas...

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking into some ideas...

I want to set up a role play scenario(s) and I'd like to see what the community thinks before I make up the grounds of one. I want it to be an open role play where you can make your own character and do what you want with them, and interact with other people in the RP as you/they see fit.

The universes I want to set them in are The Elder Scrolls and Fallout places. Those are popular games here, so the chances are most of us have played them and can relate a character to which ever one (or both) they decide to join. Even if you've not played them at all or much, there's a large enough wiki on both games to pick up the gist of things. Or you can just think post-apocalyptic wasteland/Mad Max with Fallout, and medieval/castles/dragons/horses with Elder Scrolls.

I have a criteria people have to meet if they wish to join. This is to make this fairly active.

1. I want it to be open for those with a keen interest in role playing;
    2. Active members with at least five-hundred posts;
    3a. Who've been here at least a year, or
    3b. have demonstrated decent/excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation and post length over five-hundred posts;
    4. Someone willing to commit at least one post a week, if not more.

5. I'm also considering an input of gil as a buy-in.*
    *To ensure serious people only.

The role play rules will be pretty much the same as any.

1. No god modding.
    2. No playing other people's characters without consent - this includes interacting with them without a before so discussion.
    3. Past tense in all posts is preferable.
    4. Because these are games they're based off, keeping player knowledge from character knowledge is a must to keep things interesting.
    5. Fair fighting. <Will add more after checking out some RPB rules.
    6. If your character plans on travelling, then keeping it in the same time as other characters is nice. If that means wait a few days or over a week before
    your next post, so be it. This is a good thing if you need a break from the RP at any time.

But yeah. Thoughts, if any? Is there call for something like this?

Sorry if it's in the wrong place too. I'm pressed for time now, and I thought it'd fit here nicely.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

HRH Albha Looking into some ideas... Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Looking into some ideas...

Honestly I'd say just go for it.

It has been a while since the roleplaying forum was active, but that doesn't mean that everyone interested in roleplaying has left the forums, some people just aren't great at starting things up. I've made less than 5 public threads on TFF in the last 3 years.

Using gil as a buy-in is something I don't really suggest since it really has no value and it could be a bit of a hassle. Creating characters and writing posts is work and transferring gil is just a bit of a pointless excercise really.

It's really impossible to say how many potential RPers there are on the site, so you need to be accomodating to any interested parties (to a reasonable degree), for instance I would probably join a Fallout-based RP since I have played some of Fallout 3 (as you know, heh) but I've never even looked at the Edler Scrolls series, and I would not be able to find the time to do research on it, since September is the beginning of the academic year. Since Fallout takes place on Earth, it might be easier to place the scenario in a country which has had little focus in the games such as the UK, since this allows the greatest creative freedom and only requires any RPer to know the very basics of the world, whereas I'd imagine an RP based on the Elder Scrolls may need knowledge of locations in that world.

The rules and requirements to join are pretty solid, but I suggest that you allow for exemptions to the rules in cases where a poster can provide an example piece.

Good luck, I hope to see a thread in the OOC forum soon!

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerif View Post
    The rules and requirements to join are pretty solid, but I suggest that you allow for exemptions to the rules in cases where a poster can provide an example piece.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    That's fair enough. I just think example pieces sound like recruitment, and I don't really want to turn someone away after a poor performance - at least with requirements, they're there for everyone to see so that they know what their chances are. But maybe I can ask for an example piece from newer people to the forums, who won't have the advantage? In a way, it might keep newer people interested in the forums if they feel they're part of something.

I'm in the process of writing something up for the OOC for the Fallout RP. I've had something written for the Oblivion one since January when I first came up with the idea that needs work, but I'm hoping they'll be up soon. I have a few late shifts at work, and plans on my days off this week (Demon's Souls, drinking, seeing Apollo 18, bathing the dog... etc...), so I can't give a date at the moment.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

So is this kinda like....that one thing Gravis was trying to get started (again?)
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Synthesized Ascension Looking into some ideas... Zardoch's Avatar

Eh, it's similar to my idea, but I think Entity's focus is on simply role-playing in an open world with people who will actually take it seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    So is this kinda like....that one thing Gravis was trying to get started (again?)
    It's something I've been thinking about doing for a good few months, but wasn't sure about it. I've talked over it with Victoria a lot, and she's helped me develop an understanding of RP-setting ups, but I'm still new to this. Hence me picking something easy in using an already created world, and giving everyone free will (within the god modding rule and such, of course).

If you think I'm trying to steal the show from Gravis, then I'm happy to wait in the shadows and work on my ideas while he gets his up and running, and re-emerge when/if it goes quiet again.

If anything, I only asked if there was call for something like this, or if any would like it. I'd rather not waste my energy and enthusiasm on setting something up if I'm going to get a thread full of n00b posts or one-timer posters who'll bore of it fast.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Oh no you aren't stepping on anyones toes. This was a long time ago. I was just wondering how it worked.

My only thing is the dedication of posters. Look at me for one, I haven't finished my last entry to an RP I've been wanting to finish. Some people stick to it, but some don't.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Ah yes the stickiness of roleplayers. It has always been a big deal, perhaps those that have a harder problem sticking with it should not be central to the roleplay? I'm thinking that those that can't commit could be like secondary characters that can come into contact with primary characters and then disappear and return back and forth with the wind and their activity...does that make sense?
    EBG

The Mad God Looking into some ideas... Heartless Angel's Avatar

I'd be all over an Elder Scrolls RP, you could probably expetct me to run a few characters. When Rps are active, I post very frequently. Long as an RP I like is still going, I'll still be there trying to keep it alive.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.