Thread: Idea/Discussions for a FF RP

King of Fur Idea/Discussions for a FF RP Cerberuswaltz's Avatar

Idea/Discussions for a FF RP

So this might be old and I might be wasting my time (I'd hope not) but I figured, why not? If anything was to keep me coming back to these forums it would be a good RP- I should know, I'm not half bad at it.

I read a bit on RPing here and it being a dying art so I took some notes while reading suggestions and came up with a pretty solid but not too confining idea. Hear me out and let me know what you think everyone... I'd prefer some serious RPers, too. You don't have to be active each day but have it in your mind that you want to complete this, just for that feeling of satisfaction. I saw that people admitted that they can grow bored of it so I'm gonna try to avoid that. Probably wont' be heavily modded but we'll see.Let's see...

-Plot-
    A group of adventurers are transported from different times and worlds to a lone but vast island. The Eidolons that have summoned them there have grown weary of being called, used and abused and now seek vengeance of sorts, as well as deciding whom to partner up with. Thrown into battle the adventurers must team up, cooperate and set aside their differences in order to over come challenges: monsters, the terrain and the Eidolons themselves. Who will die, who will gain their partner?

The Template/Criteria will go as shown...

Character: I'm think at least no less then 5 people in this (including myself). You'll have your adventurer whom will have a Class/Job. These Job/Classes can be from III, V, X-2, Tactics, Tactics Advance or A2. Their name, items handy (not too many) and a single weapon that fits them. The weapon itself will have an upgraded form like EX Mode from Dissidia but we'll go over that if people show interest. Flaws are expected of course

Magicks/Skills: Characters will have no more then 6 skills or spells. I do this because having anymore might confuse some people, as well as adding to the strategy. Magick is flexible: you want Fire to be a fireball or a small explosion? Then so be it. It's your spell. Just make it realistic and not too lengthy in description. For the sake of being overpowered 'Ga' spells (Thundaga) will take up two slots, ya dig? This allows area attacks but limits your selection. So Blizzard can do whatever but it's pretty much going to target a single enemy or enemies near one another. Blizzaga will annihilate foes in a large range. Any spell or skill (Deathblow, Jump) is allowed as long as it is canon to Final Fantasy games in general. 'Ra' spells will be left out in this. Just the spell and an upgraded Ga version.

Element: yes, your character will have an elemental affinity. Any element that has been in a FF game is eligible, such as Poison. It wont' affect too much but certain elements make it easier to fight. For instance, a girl with fire will somehow move faster, dodge faster, etc in a volcano then on the beach or so.

Eidolon: as it says the Eidolons are testing you... and eventually I plan to make it a quick band where each character gets theirs then fights the master mind (a summon no one picks). This will show who you want and will have to fight. These can be any, just state which game version and their 'attack' if possible. We'll even give the Eidolons their own skills (I'm planning it a little like Aeons in X or Eidolons in XIII, which restrictions of course) but they will be limited to four I'm thinking. Still working on this. Refrain from picking uber powerful ones like Bahamut unless they mean something to you or you're OK with turning down their attack power.

So, yeah. Characters can be from the future if they want (but not overly badass) or from the past. I think this can be fun and easy.
    What do ya'll think? Don't make me waste a good idea >
    Sig in production... Feburary

The Mad God Idea/Discussions for a FF RP Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I'm game. Assuming you're still even wanting to do this after a month of no replies.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

This idea reminds me of an FF RP I was apart of a long time ago except it was about what happened years after each FF game and characters from each world were brought to random FF worlds that had newer conflicts going on. Sadly this forums RPers don't do it as often anymore.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Memento RK Idea/Discussions for a FF RP Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would be up for this if I wasn't busy as heck and already in an RP on another forum. I already have a character idea and everything for this. If no further interest has been presented by other members, I will join. Either way, this RP might be fun to read as well. I'll keep an eye on this one.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Idea/Discussions for a FF RP noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Old Thread

Still innerested though.

I just wanna play a Viera. lmao

I've been rping since '96/'97 (seems like tons happened in those years now that I think on it) - on and off in a couple of specific places.

Men of a feather flock together Idea/Discussions for a FF RP Hang town shadow's Avatar
    I love this idea and would love to see it started off I'll definatly make up a charecter fore the ocasion that this takes off.