Thread: A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it)

The Old Skool Warrior A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it)

I'd like to head up the new FFXIV linkshell when the time comes... but that begs the question; what do we name it? I'd think that we'd want to seek out a TFF-themed name, though it isn't always the case.

In FFXI, once the original TFF linkshell disappeared into nothingness, we all got together in a shell headed by yours truly named DeepSecond after a Dir en Grey album (you can thank Indigo for that name). We all still have the pearl but we tend to actively populate another shell altogether.

I suppose the first obvious choice is "TheFinalFantasy" - explanation unnecessary. I am seeking suggestions though, so long as it's somehow relevant. Once I see a few good ones, I'll probably throw them together and attach a poll to the thread. ^^
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Warrior of Light A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) OnionKnight's Avatar
    I will soon be buying FFXI, any chance I could join this guild of yours? I know nothing of the game as of this moment..

Blog Entries
    Personally, I think we should make every attempt to nab the name "BoatsnHoes" before any other group of people try to do the same. Instead of having a reference to Dir en Grey, we can have a reference to Prestige Worldwide. Or maybe we can have our linkshell name be "Prestige Worldwide". I wouldn't be opposed to either one.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

A Plain Old Derp A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Padraic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Personally, I think we should make every attempt to nab the name "BoatsnHoes" before any other group of people try to do the same. Instead of having a reference to Dir en Grey, we can have a reference to Prestige Worldwide. Or maybe we can have our linkshell name be "Prestige Worldwide". I wouldn't be opposed to either one.
    Step Brothers, a hilarious movie. maybe something more original like WE LIKE SPORTZ in all seriousness we could have TFF UNION! that or FFXIV meets TFF.............

I would be down to be a part of a TFF Linkshell in FFXIV. That is if me and my friend don't decide to make the Fresh Baked Muffins. But I'll play with everyone no doubt.

Master of the Shadow Key A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Err.....my apologies, but this is will be my first MMORPG (or whatever the hell they are called) EVER, so may I ask.....what's a linkshell/guild thing?

As for a name for whatever a linkshell is, I'd go with anything that has "Thefinalfantasy" or "TFF" in it.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

The Quiet One A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A linkshell is a group of people that have an item that allow them to talk together across the game world regardless of location. Depending on what they plan to do it can be a group of people wanting to gather for doing end games stuff like beating monsters that require a lot of people and teamwork from people you're familiar with. In our case we'll be mostly using it for socializing and helping each other out since you'll be able to quickly talk to someone and call them for help.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I want to play a game. A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Zargabaath's Avatar
    Hmmm... ... ... how about "The Fuzz" or... ... "Eorzea TFF Legion".

I'm not feeling a level of epicness though with TFF placed somewhere in the name, unless it was put in the cleverly. Let me think some more... ... ... ...

How about the "Guild of Calamitous Intent", a page from the Venture Bros.

The "Inglourious Basterds" to pay homage to Tarantino.

We could try to take some organizations from the Final Fantasy series itself:

The Red Wings (though that may be misconstrued with the hockey team)
    The Dawn Warriors
    The Returners
    Avalanche
    SeeD
    Tantalus
    Zanarkand Abes
    Ivalice... the world nobody wants to live in do to constant warfare on a gargantuan scale. (long? yes. true? yes.)

"Cid"

"Sakaguchi's Army"

"U.S.A." Did I get anybody with that? Thinking I was talking about the United States. What it really is: Uematsu. Sakaguchi. Amano.

"The Void" we are everything and nothing.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

The Void sounds good imo.

But I am more of the funny guild name type or something like Fresh Baked Muffins (a team name I use sometimes) or even Stealthy Green Toupees (another one of my teams)

Although as long as the name sounds good, shouldn't be anything wrong with it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    actually, I'm really digging The Fuzz. It's simple and effective. Can we make it final?

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I want to play a game. A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Zargabaath's Avatar
    actually, I'm really digging The Fuzz. It's simple and effective. Can we make it final?
    It reminds me of "The Fonz" and the episode of Family Guy when Peter made "The Fonz" a religion. lol.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

The Fuzz is the best one next to The Void so far.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Soup Kitchen Jerk. A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    It reminds me of "The Fonz" and the episode of Family Guy when Peter made "The Fonz" a religion. lol.
    I think we are seriously overlooking "The Fonz" for a linkshell name.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

FF:Zero (RMXP) - Writer/Director A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Petros's Avatar
    I like that, The Fonz, that would be funny! But then we'd get a bunch of Happy Day-ers joining our TFF Linkshell/Guild.
    WRITER & DIRECTOR

Made with RPG Maker XP

Visit our website at:

Is everyone actually going to be on the same server this time, instead of the cluster **** we had on ffxi XD.

I'll make you famous A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Rydia Lover's Avatar
    i would want to join except i think ill be one of the few people on here with a ps3 copy, my pc couldnt run it if it tried. and i dont think the consoles can mix the servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

The Quiet One A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PS3 and PC players will be playing together. It is just like FFXI where PS2, PS3, 360 and PC players are playing on the same servers. It won't matter what version of the game you get you'll be able to play together with all of us.

I'll be doing the PS3 version myself as well. If the controls are as good as they are for FFXI it'll be a lot more comfortable to me playing on the PS3 than PC.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I'll make you famous A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Rydia Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    PS3 and PC players will be playing together. It is just like FFXI where PS2, PS3, 360 and PC players are playing on the same servers. It won't matter what version of the game you get you'll be able to play together with all of us.

I'll be doing the PS3 version myself as well. If the controls are as good as they are for FFXI it'll be a lot more comfortable to me playing on the PS3 than PC.
    i wasnt aware of that at all, that will be awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Don't matter how you play it, everyone plays together. I would rather play it on a PS3, if I get one by the time it comes out then I'll be on the PS3.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Re: A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it)

I like The Fuzz

I've also historically been partial to guild names not related to groups already existing, or things that are utterly cliche. The Returners, or any name from a previous Final Fantasy is just that; cliche.

I rather like latin or myth based names. Two that come to mind I've been (or am) a part of in other games have been The Einherjar (Old Norse for "The Lone Fighters") and Novus Initium (Latin for "New Beginnings") both of which I've liked.

Buut since we're trying to link it to TFF somehow, I'd agree with The Fuzz

A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Ragtime's Avatar

I like some of Sean's ideas. It would be best to make a name that is original and would be 'our' name as opposed to using something pre-existing or similar to another name.

Imperius Rex A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) Storm's Avatar

'TFF' or 'The Final Fantasy' would be the most sensible option. Perhaps try the name of a popular, long-lasting TFF Final Fantasy-themed club such as 'Cult of Kefka' or 'Warriors of Light'.

I'd definatly be up for being a part of a TFF linkshell. It would be nice to interact with more TFF people again.
    Last edited by Storm; 03-08-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Bump. With the launch approaching, was this ever decided?

Just curious. I plan to play the open beta, and open beta allows you to transfer existing character names into retail. If I find the open beta enjoyable enough, I might give this a whirl.

I wont be playing till maybe around December...after school and let the game balance out a bit.

I am still open for being in a TFF Link Shell...can just name it TFF

It'll give players to group with other players.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User A TFF-themed Linkshell (or guild or whatever they decide to call it) darknesse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, if you name it something silly like the fonz, i would seriously reconsider joining, however, i may not even be playing the game now.

Id rather a unique name, something that sets us apart from the rest of the crowd. Whether that be something new, original and awesome, that everyone likes, or just a plain name such as TFF heroes, or something like that, would be great.
    ~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruin

Embrace the night my friends

Blog Entries

what's wrong with The Fuzz?

Fuzz is the admin that runs this site, it's like we are his minions of justice (or spawn of sorrow, whichever you prefer). I think it's quite nice as a linkshell name. plus, Fuzz is code for the Police, so we like run the servers

what's wrong with The Fuzz?

Wait a minute! I now remember that this was a great name to use for the guild name. Yes thank you Rocky. +rep for reminding me.

The Fuzz would be an awesome name for FFXIV guild.

I agree!
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol