Thread: Leaked Gameplay Footage

Leaked Gameplay Footage

Early footage of the game has been leaked of Final Fantasy XIV, you can see the video here:

Final Fantasy XIV Gamescom Off Screen Gameplay Video from GameVideos

Please note this is footage from the Alpha build of the game, so their are some rough parts, especially the background. What do you think?

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Protecter of the Crystals Leaked Gameplay Footage rydia123's Avatar
    wow neat!

is it online???

i kinda hope not

it will just be another FFXI really.

it looks kool tho
    i like the game play
    and the game its self looks like FFXI

i kinda wish it was turn based tho...

good job and thanks
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Registered User Leaked Gameplay Footage
    I've never picked up an MMORPG before, so I really don't know what to expect from Final Fantasy XIV, but I thought it looked really good so far! I kinda wish it was a longer video. I totally watched it twice! I'll have to see the finished product, of course, before making any judgement about the game.

I wonder what language the announcer guy is speaking, and what he's saying?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Quiet One Leaked Gameplay Footage Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Rydia it is online. It is next FF MMO coming out. And this was from Gamescom in Germany, so I'm guessing that the language that they were speaking was German. All of the text in the game was in German from what I could see.

I'm surprised that they are out showing alpha work already. This is probably fastest FF announced and real hands on time we've seen. I was figure that Festa Jump in December or maybe TGS would have gameplay to show, but not actually hands on time. We might be seeing a beta by the end of the year. Hopefully, they'll do worldwide beta and not just Japan only even though it is getting an international release in '10.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

#LOCKE4GOD Leaked Gameplay Footage Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What do I think? It looks nice.

That's about all one can really say. I was going to say something about how lame it was that the person was chasing "Dodos" that look like Cluckatrices (FFTA2 anyone?), and that it seemed like she had to wait/power up before being able to fire her bow. Which made her look stupid.

But it's too early. So yeah, it looked nice, though doesn't make me super-keen.

That's kinda lame its online I think...,

Everyone that spent all the time and money into FFXI will be bummed
    Because everyone will just switch games..
    Then that will make them switch games too
    Because without a good amount of people in FFXI
    You can't do almost anything really.
    Well when I played everything was really really hrd
    Now everythings gotten a lot easier

Idk lol

Soo far it looks a lot like FFXI
    I think its kinda gonna be the same game.

I think they should have made another turned based game
    With amazing storyline characters and graphics

That will be a seller
    This will too..

But I swear it will be almost the same game as FFXI
    Just little differences I think.

I think the companys just trying to get everyone to play a new mmo
    For the monthly money
    Because if its new people willwanna try it
    And they will have buy and subscribe to play it

Che
    It's not going to be the same game. There are already huge differences, and not just the graphics. The whole system is different. In the melee video (there's like 4 videos out now, I'll have to add them to the sticky later but I'm gonna be very busy today), the combat log apparently is telling us where the mob is being hit (right versus left). There's a lot of differences like this.

edit: sounds like not a lot but there are more! I promise! I'll add stuff later
    Last edited by Che; 08-21-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    It's not going to be the same game. There are already huge differences, and not just the graphics. The whole system is different. In the melee video (there's like 4 videos out now, I'll have to add them to the sticky later but I'm gonna be very busy today), the combat log apparently is telling us where the mob is being hit (right versus left). There's a lot of differences like this.

edit: sounds like not a lot but there are more! I promise! I'll add stuff later
    i said it was similar not the same

they run like FFXI people

fightings is the same

its like an improved FFXI
    better graphics and stuff.

Registered User Leaked Gameplay Footage Locke4God's Avatar
    I'm really kind of against the whole MMORGP direction for Final Fantasy. It's really not what the game is about. It's kind of upsetting. Of course I have no intention of playing any MMORPG, so maybe I'm just upset that I'm missing out, but if you ask me both XI and XIV, shouldn't really be numbered within the main series. They should be called Final Fantasy Online I & II

Master of the Shadow Key Leaked Gameplay Footage KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I actually agree with Locke4God on this, but I must say the game looks quite stunning, much better than the other low-quality MMOs out there. I'll give it a shot but I agree that it shouldn't be part of the main series.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Che
    It is a Final Fantasy game. Final Fantasy is about making the ultimate game. It's always the best when it comes out.

This is a new age. You people need to get with the program. You're like old men who refuse to drive a car because you're used to riding your horse to work.

@ che

ABout the online thing. I don't feel like I'm an old man, I just like the concept of playing a single story by myself. I don't want to go search for parties to team up with me, and I don't want to IM people while playing. I just want a good solid story. Now mind you, I'm glad that they did it, but it just should be it's own series. I just don't like MMORPG's. The same way I don't like sports games. It's not that I'm old, I just prefer a solid single player story, which is what Final Fantasy has always been.

Che
    That's not what I meant. It's fine if you don't like MMO's. I'm not judging what your favorite genres are, I'm judging the fact that you don't think it should belong in the series. I'm saying it does.

Yeah,,,, I mean, I understand that Final Fantasy has always meant evolving, and that each game stands on its own merits. It's actually an amazing series for that point, that each game continuously changes and it was done by virtue of the fact that there was never going to be a 2nd game.

That being said, I love to go back and play these games. 20 years from now I'll be able to go back and play Final Fantasy I all over. But that won't be true of 11. Nobody will be playing it in 20 years. On top of that you have to pay membership fees. I can't just boot up the system and start playing.

So in that regards, it's a bit of a eye sore to me. I'm sure the game is great, but I'm a little saddened that I'll never play one of the games in the series and for that reason I exclude it from the core group. I know it's not my place to do that, but if they had simply called it Final Fantasy Online, and then Final Fantasy XIV they called Final Fantasy Online II, wouldn't you consider that to have been appropriate?

Crystal Chronicals, Tactics, X2, Dirge of Cirberous. Those weren't included in the main series, and for good reason. They were something different. And that's the way I feel about XIV. It's just not what the other games are.

Che
    Okay, I'll agree with that. Well said.

I've been watching the videos on YouTube today but seeing it in better quality is nice however I still don't feel it does it justice. The art work is amazing, maybe my eyesite is terrible but I literally thought it was a photograph.

If there is a BETA I wanna get into it and perhaps take a break from WoW to play this and if it's that good replace it all together. This is probably my most anticipated game ever =P

The Quiet One Leaked Gameplay Footage Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Square has stated that they will be doing a beta and that it will be longer than FFXI's beta. How long FFXI's beta was I have no idea, but I'm guessing that it was probably Japan only. There might have been a brief US PC beta, but that was about all I know.

Since they have said it is going to be a world wide release. I'm hoping that it will be a world wide beta test. I already registered at their official site hoping that any beta news gets emailed to me, because as much as I said I don't plan to play anymore MMOs after FFXI. They are doing something with FFXIV that just makes me really excited that I can't say no. Darn SE for having an interesting idea.

Seeing that they have a playable version even translated for Gamescom, I'm hoping that we might see a beta by late this year or early next year depending on their release window.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User Leaked Gameplay Footage Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar
    WOW!!!What a quickly post!Good from your path!I did like to seen!
    Final fantasy fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Since they have said it is going to be a world wide release. I'm hoping that it will be a world wide beta test. I already registered at their official site hoping that any beta news gets emailed to me, because as much as I said I don't plan to play anymore MMOs after FFXI. They are doing something with FFXIV that just makes me really excited that I can't say no. Darn SE for having an interesting idea.
    All according to plan...

I do think they're having a worldwide beta, though. I think they said that at some point, I just don't remember where. They were saying they wanted to test individual regions, then cross-region, I think.

Don't quote me on that, though.