Thread: Ffxiv

Ffxiv

Okay, I got XIV today and I have no clue how to sign up to play or get the onion helm and the early access business..
    If anyone is going through what I am going through..
    Please help me!
    Last edited by DarkEcstasy913768; 09-22-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Magically Delicous Ffxiv Merlin's Avatar

Re: Ffxiv

The manual tells you step-by-step how to do it with pictures of every step. It's not that hard at all. The only annoying part of the setup is waiting on the updates to download. So in summary, I suggest reading the manual.

What do you mean ? Did I have to do something when the game was installing? Or can I do it now? And what page is it on?

Pages 18-24 show how to set up a Square Enix account and register the game. You have to do that before you can start playing the game. If you already have an account, log into it at SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and follow the steps on those pages.

I wish you were here to do it for me.. I am stuck and frustrated. I did everything right.

Once you tell me what your problem is, I can be of more help. So far all I know is that you are "stuck". That's not much to go on from my end. The setup has quite a few steps... so which one are you stuck on?

Never mind now.. I got help from my brother. But Now I go too Besaid.. And there is a error...

What happens if you delete your character? Do you get you free spot back to remake the character you didn't want?

Yes, it gives you that slot back. It also saves your character settings so if you make a new character that you want to look the same, you can quickly remake it. I did that today, since I wanted a different name. I deleted the character, and it asked me if I wanted to use the saved character settings. Voila. Changed the name and I had my new character.

Awesome. But can I use my old name still? (Sineri Alphan)

You should be able to unless someone else signed up with the name in the time period you delete it... which I find highly unlikely.

Well thanks.
    I have another question..

Can You travel to the Ul'dah; Limsa Lominsa; Gridania; places later in the game?

Supposedly you can travel between the starter towns pretty readily, such as how you could in FFXI. It will most likely be a bit dangerous, but definitely possible. I myself haven't tried yet since I'm just getting started myself. I'm just repeating what I've read elsewhere.

I'm trying to get used to the maps which are so different from FFXI. I'm curious if I can zoom in on one. I haven't found that button yet... ^_^

Oh I see.. Well I think its the IJLK keys you control the map with.

In the future, I would reccomend getting TeamViewer, it's free and gives people remote access to your computer(when you want of coure) combined with skype you could go step by step, and where you didnt know something, he could take over your mouse and direct you.

tracyport

Im gonna to play`````

Oh you should and play in Saronia.. I'm lonely and need someone to play with.