Thread: Anything known about payment methods?

Registered User Anything known about payment methods? Ashelia's Avatar

Question Anything known about payment methods?

This is basically what kept me from trying FF XI before.
    When I looked into it, Square-Enix only accepted payments by credit card. I don't have one, neither do I plan to get one for just 1 game.

So my question is, does anyone know if they will be accepting other payment methods for FF XIV? There are tons of alternatives that are doable for me, like PayByCash (which is a medium, that supports pre-paid codes and normal bank transfers) or time cards, like many other games use.

Lady Succubus Anything known about payment methods? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Anything known about payment methods?

Uhm.. so you're saying you don't have a bank account with a debit card? Those work as credit cards too, you know. xD;

And as far as the methods, I'm not aware of any as of yet, as the game is in beta right now, and is not even close to being out yet. (as i know of)

However, time cards would indeed be very nice.

Blog Entries

Try this card! It works as a credit card in 49 states!

...Sorry Tennessee
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I must say I wasn't very familiar with the term "Debit Card". After looking up some info, I found out that my regular bank card is in fact a Maestro debit card. And all this time I thought Maestro was only accepted in the EU... *ashamed*
    So if they do accept that, things would suddenly look a lot better!

@ Rocky Visa is a credit card

@ Victoria [offtopic] Nice signature of Urd you have [/offtopic]
    Last edited by Ashelia; 03-17-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashelia View Post
    I must say I wasn't very familiar with the term "Debit Card". After looking up some info, I found out that my regular bank card is in fact a Maestro debit card. And all this time I thought Maestro was only accepted in the EU... *ashamed*
    So if they do accept that, things would suddenly look a lot better!

@ Rocky Visa is a credit card

@ Victoria [offtopic] Nice signature of Urd you have [/offtopic]
    My debit card doubles as a visa "credit card"

There's no actual credit line involved with it, it's charged as credit and the amount is instantly deducted from my account.

Without such methods, how would one do online shopping without a credit card?

Also - credit cards are good things. They build credit rating, which in turn makes it easier to get things like home/car loans.

More than likely "credit cards" will be the only method of payment, maybe Squeenix will finally get in line with the rest of the world and accept Paypal too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    My debit card doubles as a visa "credit card"

There's no actual credit line involved with it, it's charged as credit and the amount is instantly deducted from my account.
    That's exactly what Wikipedia described as being a "Debit card"
    Credit card allows you to pay money you don't need to have yet, and lets you pay back on the end of the month. Of course since it's basically short term loaning money, there's extra costs involved. And to be honest, I don't like loaning money (except for a house of course). First have it, then spend it, that's a rule I apply on myself.

And if Debit card works, I'm happy. Where is it going to with this world if even paying stuff costs money...?

Elloewen Anything known about payment methods? ultimatekupo's Avatar

there are gift cards now that you can purchase that work as credit cards. It would be the same as purchasing a prepaid card if that is what you are looking for. You can buy them in most places now.
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

Registered User Anything known about payment methods?

Would imagine they would implement new ways of paying for the game as most games these days do tend to. whereas before payment was limited to credit cards/ visa debit.

These days alot of games will allow you to use a plain debit card to pay for X months up front, then after X months you have to repeat the process. Basically the same as a credit card only with you have to renew the subscription yourself (with credit card it normally does this by it's self)