Thread: What place in FF XII do you hate the most?

Rhad

What place in FF XII do you hate the most?

I was wondering what area(s) in FF XII you hate the most?
    For me it'd have to be : Tomb of raithwall , The pharos at Ridorana and The stilshrine of miriam.
    Mainly because my first time through I kept getting lost and it was very annoying.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) What place in FF XII do you hate the most? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: What place in FF XII do you hate the most?

The name escapes me, but it's the place with the bats in Bhujerba.

Where you fight

Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh.

I hate that place. It's really only because I spent so much time there leveling, I think. The scenery sucked.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Registered User What place in FF XII do you hate the most?

The Subterra in the Pharos of Ridorana...

The monsters down there do not mess around. Those are some tough S.O.B.s... I made the mistake of heading down there while I was pretty underleveled, and got my ass handed to me. I also got lost for a while in a few of the dark rooms because I was trying to escape from the enemies. My party barely made it out of there...and I have yet to return to that place.

I can't think of any other place I hated more than that.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Crash Boom Bang What place in FF XII do you hate the most? Lily's Avatar

First playthrough it was the pharos, it just went on and on and on

2nd play, I discovered just how much the great crystal made me want to put my fist through my tv screen. NEVER been so lost in one place for so pissing long ever.

I can't really think of a place I really hated.

But if I had to choose one, it would be deep in the Lhusu Mines. Place just irritates me.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I would explode to save your life~ What place in FF XII do you hate the most? SeaAlchemist's Avatar

The place where you fight Judge Ghis. >>

Rhad

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    The name escapes me, but it's the place with the bats in Bhujerba.

Where you fight

Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh.

I hate that place. It's really only because I spent so much time there leveling, I think. The scenery sucked.
    Oh yeah. The lhusu mines I think. That place did irritate me for a while but not as much as the other places.

Rhad

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    The Subterra in the Pharos of Ridorana...

The monsters down there do not mess around. Those are some tough S.O.B.s... I made the mistake of heading down there while I was pretty underleveled, and got my ass handed to me. I also got lost for a while in a few of the dark rooms because I was trying to escape from the enemies. My party barely made it out of there...and I have yet to return to that place.

I can't think of any other place I hated more than that.
    God, I got lost in that place for the longest time. I finally realized I was going in circles at one point.

I'll make you famous What place in FF XII do you hate the most? Rydia Lover's Avatar

the place where you fight ultima, i think its called the great crystal? even with the strategy guide map i still get lost in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Death Before Dishonor What place in FF XII do you hate the most? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Lhusu Mines were a bitch. I hated every 2 secs that I would have to fight more bats, or those damn skeleton things.

A second would be that still shrine of miriam place. I got my ass handed to me many a time in that place. Very very frustrating.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What place in FF XII do you hate the most? Xanatos's Avatar

I had hard time going through Necrohol of Nabudis, mostly because I was underleveled, those human like creatures were avoiding my attacks like their were nothing, I was constantly healing my characters though for nothing in the end as one of the rare games killed my party with ease.

Great Crystal is another location I'm not really fond of, the entire place was a huge maze and lack of proper map made things worse, you could get easily lost in that place.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

What I hated about final fantasy 12 is that I thought that it would have been more adventurous. Final fantasy 10 was better than that and it was shorter than 12. The next time ssquare enix makes a game they should let all of the other people try it out before they even but it in stores and I mean people who love video games and can't get enough of it those kind of people.

Never getting back together... What place in FF XII do you hate the most? JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hated the boss battle in the Ship (Forgot the name)
    Spoiler:
    where Ashe is locked up.

That boss made me start the WHOLE game over just to LV up my characters. Then, I forgot. I didn't have to restart. I had to get my Quickenings xD! Stupid me! Stupid me *Face slap* The part I'm on is giving me real trouble. Forgot the name, because I haven't played it in awhile because of the certain boss.

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/

Quote Originally Posted by JillXWesker View Post
    I hated the boss battle in the Ship (Forgot the name)
    Spoiler:
    where Ashe is locked up.

That boss made me start the WHOLE game over just to LV up my characters. Then, I forgot. I didn't have to restart. I had to get my Quickenings xD! Stupid me! Stupid me *Face slap* The part I'm on is giving me real trouble. Forgot the name, because I haven't played it in awhile because of the certain boss.

That would be the Levitation. Probably one of the best places in the early game to get Chain Levels and to grind up some LP and EXP. It's when you finally have all 6 of your party members at once.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User What place in FF XII do you hate the most? Sharpshooter's Avatar

there were alot of places I got lost in lol
    tomb of raithwall, lhusu mines, henne mines, golmore jungle, stillshrine of miriam, etc.
    Final Fantasy and Samurai Champloo FTW!!

I hate the story line and how it goes. Don't get me wrong i love final fantasy as much as the next guy but some of them could have used more thought and then got some opinions by the sponcers and their fellow fan base like this one. with the stuff we come upi with they will have a better game in no time.

Registered User What place in FF XII do you hate the most? kupo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    2nd play, I discovered just how much the great crystal made me want to put my fist through my tv screen. NEVER been so lost in one place for so pissing long ever.
    i hear ya there. the place as a whole is pretty cool; i just wish that i wouldn't get lost in there...no matter how many times i go through it i loose my way every time.
    the other place im not too fond of is the dreadnought leviathan. not because it was hard or anything but for a bit, just a...minute...i'd like to be able to catch my breath and not be chased by imperials.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Everywhere, this game is stale and boring.

But seriously I guess just the latest place I was Cids ship (before you fight him the first time) Even though the maps wern't completely unreadable I got lost a couple times before i got used to it. I only did memorize the map because i needed to grind so long just to beat Cid (stupid Reddas was right there, he coulda helped but he decided to wait till i did all the work)
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Registered User What place in FF XII do you hate the most? xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

I found Giruvegan veeery annoying i kept getting lost and you couldn't go around just getting chains because of the small walkway thingys and after every slope the feind was different! it's not like they were hard, that place was just so confusing! just thinking about it is making me annoyed >.<

What place in FF XII do you hate the most? ffking997's Avatar

The big crystal thing.. no map sucks.
    Also, Bahamut airship.. eww.
    are sins ever forgiven??

I know there were a few places that were annoying the first time I went through them. It's been awhile since I played though. I can't remember every name.

In the Tomb of Raithwall I cringed over the first Demon Wall you fight. I ended up running past it and fought the second one, and came back to the first one later.

In the Stilshrine of Miriam, the secret room (long staircase leading upward) from the Ward of the Sword-King was a nightmare. I had to go through that at least 10 times before I was able to defeat all of the monsters and reach the Cold Distance room.

In the Pharos at Ridorana, the Subterra was frightening. The first time I went down there my party died before I got two steps from the elevator. I still don't like that you can't return to the lowest level of the Subterra after you fight the boss there.

The Great Crystal was a drag with no map. Since it is a 3-dimensional area, I decided to create a 3-D map of it. Anyone who's playing that area without a map is going to have a very hard time, unless they have a really good memory for subtle differences. If you want to use my map, it is located at The Great Crystal 3D Map. The web browser plugin for looking at the maps only works in IE (or any browser that supports DirectX 9 or newer). I made it possible to download the actual 3-d model files, but you will have to download MilkShape 3-D to view them. The detail is much better in MilkShape than it is in the browser using the plugin.

Also, the full maps are incomplete. The separate layers are complete, but the Uldobi layer Sirhru layers could not be merged into a single model. This is all due to limitations of MilkShape, and the way I made the model. I am not a modeler, and I'm sure I used unorthodox methods to create the models.

Vespy

I personally don't like the feywood that place is just so very creepy.

Would have to be the great crystal never used a map to make things worse. just depressing place