Thread: 'We miss you! Come back to TFF!'

rainwarrior

'We miss you! Come back to TFF!'

I get this e-mail now and then. It's highly irritating. Please stop sending it.

Subject: rainwarrior! We miss you! Come back to TFF!

Hello, rainwarrior!

We've noticed that you've not been active on The Final Fantasy Forums for quite some time now (over a month!), and we would sure like to see you come back and post. Many new updates and features are always being added and we would love to have you come back and share the fun with our growing community.

If you don't remember your password, you can request it here: The Final Fantasy Forums - Lost Password Recovery Form

We hope to see you soon!

Kindest Regards,

Steve Thompson (Fuzz)
    Webmaster
    The Final Fantasy Forums
    The Final Fantasy: Coverage on the entire Final Fantasy series

Re: 'We miss you! Come back to TFF!'

Since you can still log in, I would recommend private messaging/ email fuzz or an admin. There's no guarantee that they'll see it here ^^; but I'll report it for you.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

#LOCKE4GOD 'We miss you! Come back to TFF!' Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...just delete your account if you don't use it.

rainwarrior

If I could find a way to delete my account, I would have already. I don't mind having an account, though (I might come back at some point). I just mind the unsolicited e-mails. There's no good reason for them, and if there is a way to opt out, it's not clear at all. I've replied to the e-mail the last three times it was sent to me, but with no response.

The Old Skool Warrior 'We miss you! Come back to TFF!' LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can delete the account if you'd like. The way it's currently set up, the message automates, but there is no actual "unsubscribe" link that I know of, as it's not an ad mailer or anything like that. The message sends out through the database.

I have changed the minimum values to only activate after a user has been inactive for 60+ days, and to only send out the email once every three months. This isn't the first time this has been brought up, so I figure at least reducing the email frequency will help out.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) 'We miss you! Come back to TFF!' che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just got your e-mail from your website, which you posted publically. Don't be surprised if you receive periodic spam e-mails tenfold times worse than TFF's "hey you signed up for this forum one time" e-mail.

Not saying that I'm the one gonna be doing it.

Also: "If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
    Receive Email from Administrators". Check the box, IN OPTIONS. Never knew a programmer who couldn't figure out something so simple. Actually, that's not true. But the point to be made is still there.

rainwarrior

che, thank you for letting me know how to turn it off. Now that I have found this there is no need to delete my account LocoColt04.

che, I don't have problems with spam related to my website (and I'm not sure why you bring this up). I could easily have marked these e-mails for my spam filter and never seen them again, but I entertain the idea of maybe wanting to use this forum in the future. I'd rather just not be receiving this pointless e-mail, and I'm sure there are others like me.

As for being your sarcastic remark about me being a programmer, I don't see why that's relevant. If you want my opinion as a programmer as to the usability of this forum software, I would point out that there are 21 subpages for the user CP, about of third of which are actually pages full of things that are options, and on the page that is actually called "options" there are 27 different options amidst a large amount of text explaining them. This does not make it easy to find the option I'm looking for, and it does not make it in any way obvious that the option I want even exists.

If you insist on sending out this e-mail, I would suggest that you put a small guide at the bottom of this e-mail to the effect of "if you do not want to receive these messages, go to your options page, etc." Most mailing lists have the courtesy of having unsubscribe instructions at the bottom (but also most mailing lists also have the courtesy not to send you the same e-mail every month).

Anyhow, thanks. This forum is overall fine, and I'm glad it exists. I just don't like these e-mails.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) 'We miss you! Come back to TFF!' che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Untrollable. Give this man a medal. He understands the internet. Throw that shit in the automated e-mail, and let's move along. Glad you'll be around rainwarrior.

Asking all the personal questions. 'We miss you! Come back to TFF!' RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rainwarrior View Post
    che, thank you for letting me know how to turn it off. Now that I have found this there is no need to delete my account LocoColt04.

che, I don't have problems with spam related to my website (and I'm not sure why you bring this up). I could easily have marked these e-mails for my spam filter and never seen them again, but I entertain the idea of maybe wanting to use this forum in the future. I'd rather just not be receiving this pointless e-mail, and I'm sure there are others like me.

As for being your sarcastic remark about me being a programmer, I don't see why that's relevant. If you want my opinion as a programmer as to the usability of this forum software, I would point out that there are 21 subpages for the user CP, about of third of which are actually pages full of things that are options, and on the page that is actually called "options" there are 27 different options amidst a large amount of text explaining them. This does not make it easy to find the option I'm looking for, and it does not make it in any way obvious that the option I want even exists.

If you insist on sending out this e-mail, I would suggest that you put a small guide at the bottom of this e-mail to the effect of "if you do not want to receive these messages, go to your options page, etc." Most mailing lists have the courtesy of having unsubscribe instructions at the bottom (but also most mailing lists also have the courtesy not to send you the same e-mail every month).

Anyhow, thanks. This forum is overall fine, and I'm glad it exists. I just don't like these e-mails.
    Actually it is simpler than you explain rainwarrior, using process of elimination you almost instantaneously realise that 'settings and option' tab is where you should head, then under that tab you have two choices which stand out either 'email and passwords' or 'options' then bam under options second box titled 'messaging and notifications'.
    Actually when I was a new member I went through the whole User CP to wrap my head around it and if I am correct when you first register the welcome page says you should go through the User CP and edit your options and profile.

I only say this because I have on a number of occasions directed people to these options, I think maybe the problem is that it is not clearly stated.

There is also another way around it and that is to come and join the fun here and be more active therefore not receiving these emails.

So I can only say I hope to see you around the forums rainwarrior.

Cheers your friendly Pharaoh
    Last edited by RamesesII; 02-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III