Thread: TFF Dark theme header missing in Chrome

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    TFF Dark theme header missing in Chrome Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TFF Dark theme header missing in Chrome

Before you ask---yes, I've tried clearing my browser cache and changing the theme from TFF Crystal and back to TFF Dark. I've also tried restarting my computer, restarting my router and modem, restarting my fuse box, restarting my car, restarting last year's taxes, and restarting Final Fantasy VIII. And that last one shows you how desperate I really am.

Seems to show up fine in Internet Explorer. However, the Chrome dev tools spits out two errors of 404 Not Found on the header elements. Any ideas?

Maybe this bug will fix itself before I move on to disc 2.

Hi.
    Attached Images Attached Images TFF Dark theme header missing in Chrome-tffdark1-jpg 
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Blog Entries
    Just writing to note that shows up on my firefox just fine, as well. Maybe Chrome hates you.

Eye in the Sky TFF Dark theme header missing in Chrome Fuzz's Avatar
    Wow, thanks for catching that and reporting it.. The server uses mod_pagespeed which basically optimizes web pages on the fly by compressing images, minifying js/css, etc... I accidentally had a filter enabled that converted jpg files to webp - which was causing the issue. Should be fixed now.

While I'm on here, I am about 60% complete with the new site and updating the dark theme and forums will be one of the final things to do before it goes live! I'll make a big post about it when everything is ready.

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    TFF Dark theme header missing in Chrome Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Wow, thanks for catching that and reporting it.. The server uses mod_pagespeed which basically optimizes web pages on the fly by compressing images, minifying js/css, etc... I accidentally had a filter enabled that converted jpg files to webp - which was causing the issue. Should be fixed now.

While I'm on here, I am about 60% complete with the new site and updating the dark theme and forums will be one of the final things to do before it goes live! I'll make a big post about it when everything is ready.
    Awesome. It's showing up normally now. My gut feeling was that it had something with my own browser, but it sounds like it was a larger issue (for Chrome users, anyway). I saw the webp conversion in dev tools and didn't know what to make of it, so I figured I'd ask around here. Hopefully that filter wasn't enabled for an extended period of time.

I should also mention there was also some sort of grey-to-black gradient .png file that wasn't being called properly (404'd), but that is small potatoes if there's a new updated theme coming soon.

Thanks again for the quick response, Fuzz.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Boxer of the Galaxy TFF Dark theme header missing in Chrome Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    This sounds exciting!