Thread: Posting Agreement

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Posting Agreement

Uhhhh, a thought occurred to me, Merlin. Don't have time to make a second account to try it out.

Just tried to post, had me go to a post agreement. Since we disabled the bottom Post Reply button, and Quick Reply is omitted until I agree, there only way through that I could immediately see was the post reply button at the top of the thread. Do new members have to do this as well, or do they accept the post agreement during sign up? May be a detriment if it is the former and not the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Asking all the personal questions. Posting Agreement RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    To me it seems to be a one off I did it before my first post since the upgrade. There is a quick reply in the bottom right of each members post but is that directly replying to that individual post or the thread in general?

There is still a quick reply option down the bottom of the threads or page.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Magically Delicous Posting Agreement Merlin's Avatar
    Are you talking about the human verification stuff? There's some stupid setting to check if you are a human before you can see the quick reply button. I guess I overlooked it when I went through the 30 pages of settings. Stuff like that is useless against bots so I turned it off. Let me know if it is still a problem. Thanks!

Registered a new account to test it out. Before I did the e-mail confirmation thing, there were no Post Reply buttons, nor the Quick Reply field. That's pretty normal. After I did the e-mail confirmation thing, there was a post reply button located at the top, but this is what was at the bottom:

thething.gif

So nothing. We removed the Post Reply button from the showthread template. Quick Reply is still omitted even after you do e-mail confirmation.

If you want to post, you need to scroll allllllll the way back up to the Post Reply button (or Post New Thread, or something), and it'll take you to the huge ass list of the TFF rules, where you have to wait like 20 seconds to accept:

theotherthing.gif

So after doing registration and e-mail confirmation, you still need to accept the rules again (pretty sure they're displayed at registration). Only way to get to them is by trying to post something, and with quickly reply gone at the bottom it sort of gets tedious (you have to scroll back up to the top, since there's only one post button available)... unless we assume the first thing every new member will do is post a thread, or write a PM, or whatever it wants.
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Magically Delicous Posting Agreement Merlin's Avatar
    If you haven't agreed to the rules then the Quick Reply box is disabled. I went ahead and added the bottom reply button back. People should be used to it from the old forums anyway.

Out of curiosity is it even possible to disable the agree to posting rules thing, so people can post immediately after e-mail confirmation?

I'm just waiting to type something into the quick reply field, scroll up to check something, then scroll down and BAM, refresh.