Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Odd glitch with Thanks

Odd glitch with Thanks

I've tried doing the +rep button just a bit ago, and it didn't work.

I keep getting this message "you must spread some Thanks around before giving it to ___ again."

I'm not quite sure what that means, but I tried Thanking a few different users and none of them worked. It was for posts made today too, so it shouldn't have been bothered by a time gap or anything.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Registered User Odd glitch with Thanks kupo's Avatar
    ive gotten that also with a couple different people. maybe there is a certain amount of thanks you can give a person before you have to spread the love around before thanking them again.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Lady Succubus Odd glitch with Thanks Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Odd glitch with Thanks

Yeah...

When you get that message, it means spread it around to people you haven't given rep to already. You can't just give rep to the same few people over and over. >_>

The Old Skool Warrior Odd glitch with Thanks LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I'm not mistaken, the rep system currently requires you to give rep to 20 different people before you can return to the first one. It's all just a dinosaur anyhow, and likely in need of an upgrade, but basically it means this:

B gets rep from you. B cannot get rep from you again until you have given it to 20 different people. You give C rep. While you're giving more rep, you can't give C rep again either. D gets rep from you... Etcetera.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I don't know 20 people though haha. But that makes sense I guess.

Lady Succubus Odd glitch with Thanks Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't have to know the people to rep them. >_>
    It's not rep anymore, either. It's Thanks.

If they make a good post you agree with, rep it. If you don't like it, no thanks it. That's all it is.

Right. I see what you mean now.

Ok. That makes sense. Haha. Thanks for the help.

Gonna jump in here and call bullshit, It needs to be changed.

If i want to thank someone for making me laugh, helping me or just putting up a damn informative/fun read of a post, i would want to thank them, i shouldn't have to go around and thank 20 other people.

Having this lame spread the love shit is just pointless really and takes away from the forum, people like feedback from posts and this is a great way to do it, i dont see the point in restricting it like this as it has absolutley no effect.

Only the person getting thanked can see it so why bother restricting it, there is no benefit from doing so, can it please be removed or put a time limit on how frequent you can thank a member? Incase your worried about people spamming to much thanks for no real reason.

People getting feedback on there posts may encourage them to post more and become more active.

Its a good thing!

I will not rest until this is changed!!

Nobody?

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I agree with Nix, it frustrates me a little when someone is nailing several funny posts up in rapid succession and I can't show my support.

If you're worried about the points they give/take, why not just make them pointless until people have spread 20 thanks so you can still give the convenient, private, little message of support?
    victoria aut mors

Registered User Odd glitch with Thanks

I've given "thanks" to a person before, and I know that I didn't have to give it to that many people before "thanking" the person again. This issue was brought up in another thread, and there is a quote from Merlin that the number was significantly reduced to around 5.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

How bout we bring it down to an even 0 ?

<3

Any update on this?

bump

Oh a bump on TFF

Blog Entries

I agree with nix's point as well. Especially since the numbers for rep points mean nothing anymore, what is the point of having any limit to thank a certain amount of people at all? If we're going to go that route, might as well make it like reddit and just have thumbs up/thumbs down for each individual post over all with no limits. just sayin.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Old Skool Warrior Odd glitch with Thanks LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's definitely worth looking into, if nothing else. The Thanks system was just part of the vB update that replaced the (horribly broken) rep system. An entirely new system altogether could be a welcome change of pace.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

___________ Odd glitch with Thanks Kyreaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    How bout we bring it down to an even 0 ?
    Kyreaan: You mean we basically go Fight Club on the rep system? Have all of the cyberspace buildings come crashing down while waiting until people realize once they have nothing that they gain everything -(oo)-? Hehehehe.

Spiritas: LocoColt had a good point, Kyreaan, that I've wondering about for a while now. It would be nice if someone at the least would find out whatever strata or A+ or C++ or a Ph.D in Software Engineering it would take to have a look at the thing *hic*. Even the offer to people to have a more comprehensive rep bar system would be a nice starter *hic*. I do not believe in which may dismay or be put more problematic than it really has to be. It would be as if one would stand in front of a crowd and preach in responsibility of knowing what you can or can not do. Next, one could watch as another preaching acts upon falsehood while not knowing what he was responsible for knowing.

Kyreaan: *waves at the ocean* Bye byye.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    An entirely new system altogether could be a welcome change of pace.
    Yes, yes it would.

I worked hard for my two dots and I deserve moar!!! *party* Jk unless you really want one (:

But yes, a little change would be nice.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Magically Delicous Odd glitch with Thanks Merlin's Avatar

How long do you think it'd take for some small organized group to decide to spam "no thank" someone into oblivion? I say 5 minutes. If other sites are any indication, thumbs up/down systems statistically don't work as advertised as people deliberately skew the results in their favor.

In any case, if you all believe that thanks rating means nothing, then let's remove the display of it from your posts. Then we can make it so you can thank/no thank all you want to. Problem solved. ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    If other sites are any indication, thumbs up/down systems statistically don't work as advertised as people deliberately skew the results in their favor. In any case, if your thanks rating means nothing, then let's remove the display of it from your posts. Then we can make it so you can thank/no thank all you want to and nobody will have their feelings hurt from having their score plummet from some asshole that has nothing better to do than "no thank" shitloads of posts.
    If you have the people that are no thanking you on your ignore list, the messages don't show up, so that's already been thought up and taken care of. I'd just like to see a different system put together, kinda like what Loco said:

Quote Originally Posted by Loco my nucca
    An entirely new system altogether could be a welcome change of pace.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

What does the User CP have to do with the ranking displayed in your post?

In any case, if you all believe that thanks rating means nothing, then let's remove the display of it from your posts.

Blog Entries

the whole system is in need of a rework (imo), not just the thanks numerical level 99 rating part. That's the point that nix and I are both making.

Ok well that's a starting point. What all changes would you guys like to see? I need something to work off of. Feel free to check out vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource! for ideas or to see if there is already something that meets what you want. The more info I have, the better chance I can come up with something useful.

How long do you think it'd take for some small organized group to decide to spam "no thank" someone into oblivion? I say 5 minutes. If other sites are any indication, thumbs up/down systems statistically don't work as advertised as people deliberately skew the results in their favor.
    Kyreaan: Well, you could use my profile to find out, without the oblivion part. See if you can place different color rep bars, such as blue and red (of course with different sayings). I can go ahead and be the lab test animal...or whatever you want to call it. Some people have pointed out the problem they see with the 20-people system. In order for the thanks, they have to go around planting other rep points while wanting to go back and plant another for another's post...fishie fishie, come here fishie...Hehehehe.

Spiritas: I found a *hic* few things with related links that may point out a few things, and Kyreaan, plug up that data wall hole you made and stop using it as a fishing hole. Anyway *hic*, the links I was talking about are BBblue vb4 Forum theme - vBulletin.org Forum and Reputation points (+ / -) for new threads and posts - vBulletin.org Forum. I pointed out a forum theme because the link showed up there when I searched for rep mentions. Kyreaan.

Kyreaan: Yes?

Spiritas: That's a pretty big fish *hic*. Seriously though, plug up that fishing hole before you get any more hits from people believing the their talked dirt before catching they really didn't know what they were talking about leaving you scammed and slandered when no one asked or really cared that you really weren't full of it. They're not going to like that data wall fishing hole *hic*. Though, I've seen no one really doing anything. It should be embarrassing for them *hic*. You would also think people would be moderated on giving rep points instead of some lazy 20-people system. Ah Hahaha Hah *hic* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

I have a hard time following your posting style, so I am kind of guessing here: That mod punishes people for replying to threads by lowering their reputation. I can't think of a use-case for that, so perhaps you could explain more on that.

As far as skins, I will be working on that in the future, but I can't put a timeline on it... as I play too much FFXIV...

Kyreaan: You?

Spiritas: Me *hic*? Ok. I'll take it. What he was suggesting about and out was a new suggestion on three to four rep bars. I added in a 4th rep bar just now.

Kyreaan: Thanks for adding something not needed, Spiritas.

Spiritas: Right. The system where people give thanks for a post and leaving a comment raises their green dots *hic*. Right? There could be a placed system after an overhaul while everyone goes back to zero as Nix suggested. Under the new system there would be at least a positive green dot-bar, a negative red dot-bar, and an even blue dot-bar. These may be displayed and not dismay *hic* showing only the bar that profile has the most points received. The possible and rare 4th rep bar is purple, orange, or yellow. Your pick. The reason why someone would have this is a little Easter Egg on TFF. Perhaps it's an award *hic*.

Kyreaan: Like having Fire Flowers under your name, Spiritas ^(oo)^?!!

Spiritas: Kyreaan, those are Mario stars, and I don't really know what they're for. Stop making up new awards. So anyway, another way would be to display all three bars under everyone's avatar. Each one has its own titles or something *hic*. One red dot shows ..is a spoony bard Lv-1. Now, one blue dot could show perhaps ..is a punch drunk, gold miner Lv-1. Those links were just examples. You should come up with anything you want *hic*.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

Any progress on this?

Thanks in advance.

Again, can we remove the stupid/pointless limit on giving thanks?

If not can we have a reason as to why?

Pretty sure you wont be able to give a good reason, so can we just go ahead and remove the restriction completely??

Registered User Odd glitch with Thanks Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the limit was put there to stop people from spamming it and upping their friends rep all the time just to increase their green dots (correct me if I'm wrong), but I really don't think that's an issue anymore so I agree that the limit should be taken away. I mean, I don't really see anything wrong with giving thanks to the same people all the time.

Easy solution, remove the pointless green dots that nobody even looks at or considers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast