Thread: I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially...

#LOCKE4GOD I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially...

Experience > Group ranking

I mean, Communists of TFF being the 4th-highest rated group is awesome and all, but wait, what?

EDIT: and where is CPC8, PRK9, Prestige, et al.?

Death Before Dishonor I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am also sorta confused by stuff, but am going at it like a bawwss and not worrying about it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Memento RK I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alpha, it's still under Community--> Groups. They should all be listed there.
    Experience/Group Ranking looks like it has been explained in the blog section. Other then that, we have a lot of discovering to do. I like it!
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Boxer of the Galaxy I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Rowan's Avatar
    Everything is sorta falling into place the more I move around. Im still a little confused by the experience points system, its not very clear what consitutes what is worth how much points etc. There also appears to be some overlapping eg. "Points for posts in forum"
    "Points for posts in forum"

Would also like to know if theres going to be more achievements added? It seems kinda trivial at the moment, perhaps you will add more interesting achievements later on?

Ayyye I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I usually don't pay attention to achievements and such, so I approve so far ...besides the lack of the light theme D: but good work!

Magically Delicous I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Merlin's Avatar
    If you have questions about the Experience Point System please direct them here: Experience Points 101

I understand the minimal 50 characters to post a reply. But in a group? I don't think so.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Magically Delicous I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Merlin's Avatar
    Oh come on... that's 1/3 the length of a tweet. If you aren't posting something at least 50 characters it's spam.

Memento RK I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't we vote for a min length post char count a while back? I'm pretty sure 50 chars was agreed upon except in social groups and some other places. Nothing was ever done with it until now, but its forum wide. I'd link the thread, but I'm on my phone.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

For posting on the forums yes. Posting a reply in a group? No, I should be allowed to say "I do not like this." in the CPC8 boards. I don't do that stupid thing you just mentioned Merlin.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Lady Succubus I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Is it really so hard to include -why- you don't like a certain thing when you post 'I don't like this'? It's not, right? Besides, here's the thing. Social groups are part of the forum system whether you like it or not. Same rules, same everything.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can I just cut to the chase and ask what the significance of having a character limit in a Social Group is? Not trying to be a ****, but it may help someone understand if there was a legitimate reason for it. I don't think any of the moderators would allow Social Groups to get out of hand, and there is no benefit of spamming up your own Social Group.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Achievements and rankings confuse me.

Firstly, is there a way to see what achievements you have already got next to the ones you have yet to achieve? I just see a bunch of them listed together, and I don't know if I've earned them or not.

And the ranking confuse me further because they don't appear to be in the correct numeral order. Loco is up there at rank 70 and I'm rank 54. Shouldn't it be 1 and 16 respectively?

Group ranking is off too. Arm of Joe hasn't been active since 2010, yet is in the top three groups. Wth? I know it's probably still being worked on, but that's what I noticed.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Because I'm going to spam up the CPC8 boards...

(that was enough for me to say what I was going to say and it wasn't enough) I post like that in the CPC8 forums all the time.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    You can see the achievements you have if you hit the experience tab toward the top of the forum, just underneath the TFF banner. There's two little boxes on the top right, one listing your awards and one listing your achievements. If you hover your cursor over each icon it'll tell you what the achievement is, more or less.

Then if you hit the achievements tab, it lists all the ones that have been discovered so far. They're more or less in categories. The ones with green checkmarks are what you've earned. I don't think they've been updated fully yet, as I should have the achievement for 10,000 experience points, but the one that I have listed is for 250 points. Just a little off. I'm sure it'll take a bit to work all this sort of stuff out.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Boxer of the Galaxy I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Rowan's Avatar
    Technically, shouldn't you be able to post as little as you like (under 50 characters) in forums that dont count toward your overall postage? Such as the word games, social groups etc.

Shake it like a polaroid picture I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... RagnaToad's Avatar
    What Che and Rowan said.

And I feel like the usernames are too small in threads. They barely stand out from the special colored rpg rank thingy and the custom user title. It looks kind of crowded to me. Or maybe I just need to get used to it.

@Unknown Entity: Those numbers are not the rank, but the level. That's why the person on top of the ranking has the highest number.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I stand by this get rid of minimum 50 characters in social groups. Was that 50 characters?
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

The character limit has been reduced to 30. It will not go any lower than that.

Also, I am disabling the EXP system for now as it is causing database problems. It worked fine on the test forums, but there wasn't 11 years of backlog to parse through. I'll just roll my own EXP system which is better than the shitty ones out there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Blog Entries
    It is what it is. Thanks for all the hard work, Merlin! It's always a pain working out the kinks, especially when you've got us nagging at you about all the little things.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Blog Entries
    I think the issue is with thing likes VMs and groups, plenty of times people just post a picture or something. Groups, VMs and such are more social, so it's just idle chit chat. But it's certainly not important enough to consider a priority. Worst comes to worst, we can just make suggestive emoticons or something to fill space. Although, I do like a larger character limit in the forums. It's not that hard to come up with 50 characters, that's the equivalent of a small sentence. It might help to improve our grammar skills.

But in all seriousness, I don't think it's a big enough issue to get upset over. It hasn't even been a day since the upgrade, there will be bugs and additions that need to be made for a long while yet, and it's not exactly fun work...it sucks ass. The best thing to do is compile all of our ideas and issues and wait. o.o

One suggestion should be forcing people to try the IRC >_> Two people checked it out...T_T

Yeah unfortunately the minimum char count is global, so it applies to all of them. I think it's a mixed bag on what people want, so I think 30 chars is a good value in between the extremes.

I have noticed that there are some places where the colors are screwed up, so I will be working on fixing those as well as cleaning up TFF Light.

And another warning wooooooo

Why do i have to keep accepting rules with a bullshit 30second wait to accept timer?

Also my first initial post, despite your opinion was both within the character limits and on topic, if you wish to change your rulings after and remove certain characters from within this limit by all means do so..

mods not knowing their arse from their elbow yet again

It keeps asking you to review the rules because you aren't following them.

"It keeps asking you to review the rules because you aren't following them."

I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially...-sheldon-cooper-jpg

You not being void of a sense of humour and being able to enforce the actual rules of the site that you made me read numerous times over would have completely avoided this whole situation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    And another warning wooooooo

Why do i have to keep accepting rules with a bullshit 30second wait to accept timer?

Also my first initial post, despite your opinion was both within the character limits and on topic, if you wish to change your rulings after and remove certain characters from within this limit by all means do so..

mods not knowing their arse from their elbow yet again
    Spam

A post that derails the discussion of a thread with unrelated information or too brief of a reply post that furthers the discussion.
    Seems pretty obvious to me :1 ad hominems are never good for getting your opinion across, just say why you like the character limit or why you don't. No need to be so aggressive. Just chill and hang out

EDIT: Last I checked, it's standard for forums to make you recheck the agreement each time you get an infraction. Maybe if people read the rules more thoroughly, it wouldn't be an issue. I mean, it's common sense that jokingly short posts are ok in some places, and just bad in others. Pretty much ANY forum will infract you for posting like that in a feedback section.

Anyway, I kind of like more straight forward forums without crazy experience systems and such. Just rep has always seemed sufficient, leveling up and getting new classes is cool though. With a rep system that everyone can see, with the bars on your profile and such, repping can take the place of gil for contests and such as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    The reason im wiggin out is because im after getting 2 warnings, cause some asshole cant detect sarcastic humour, and as if all my ****in posts are like that

Its the principle! IT ALWAYS IS!

And these rules are around years, all of a sudden they get enforced? (not that i broke one in my first post) without announcement? puh-leaze!
    There's a difference between a joke and down right attacks >_> and I'd say the reason they ARE being enforced is because of the new changes. Now that we've all had to review the rules again, enforcing SHOULD be a bit stricter. Even if we knew it was sarcastic, a newbie might not or something. It just plain looks bad. Just deal with it, it's not like a warning is some how inconveniencing you :1 in fact, seems like a good way to show that the rules and such have changed but don't keep pushing it til you get banned, let's just chill out, drink some beers and hang out!

The Quiet One I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The matter has been handle. So carry on leaving these things behind.

But it is correct that there has been some concern about the relaxed nature of enforcement of the rules. We will be carrying closer to the rules, namely on the matter of spam since it is the area we are the weakest in. Spam is always a touchy subject, the character requirement is intended to limit the amount of spam we do have. Anyone getting around the limit by spamming out characters or what not will be warned. Considering things are new for everyone I am going to give a pass to people these first couple of days just because while it may seem like common sense and obvious don't spam to get around it, I err on the side of leniency. However, this post and likely PMs will be the only passes you will being receiving. Breaking the rules to get around the limit will result in warnings going forward.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) I'm confused by a lot of things, but especially... che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will never understand the mentality that we should protect feelings on an anonymous website. If anything, the internet can teach tolerance of others you may not like.

But god dammit if we are about to go through one of THESE again. Ever heard of boycotting? If you don't like something, rally the troops and don't post. You don't have to post it here, either. There's instant messaging. Users may not have rights on this site (its a privilege to post), but you can have an opinion, similar to citizens of the U.S. If enough people speak up about it, I'm sure things can and will change. But I highly doubt the 50 char limit is going away anytime soon, so you have two options. They are giving you an option. Don't post here, or deal with it. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys