Thread: ID needs a thread purge.

TFF's Token Imp ID needs a thread purge. Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ID needs a thread purge.

I'm being deadly serious - most of the threads in there are just not good at all and it's leaning towards a political forum. My recommendation is that you could clear some of the older threads out so you could in essence reboot the forum or just turn it into Politics full stop. I used to love posting in there but it's getting to be very very immature. Check the thread I just posted in about Obama if you need proof!

[EDIT - Looking at how I worded this I didn't come across well at all. What I meant to say was some of the arguments in there aren't very civil - and maybe it's not that the threads aren't good but compared to a couple of years ago maybe it could use some jigging around a bit.]
    Last edited by Martin; 06-05-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Maybe I should re-word this..
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

#LOCKE4GOD ID needs a thread purge. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: ID needs a thread purge.

I would be immensely grateful if Locke4God threads were purged.

Otherwise I kind of take exception to you determining what is and isn't 'intellectual'. Should we start quoting academic papers? I could do it, if I didn't come to a gaming forum to get away from that. The monopoly is on thought, expression, and civil discussion. Achieve these and we'd be good... We don't need a self-righteous attitude to what threads are more or less intellectual than others. Indeed that could be the opposite of what we need. And if you don't agree, well the onus is on you to create some threads.

I'd instead suggest stricter enforcement of the rules (including the special ID rules, like being respectful). Or maybe an additional modetator...

Unless you can hand us a list of ten threads that deserve to be purged with adequate justifications.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. ID needs a thread purge. Polk's Avatar

We should just get rid of ID altogether. Nothing good ever happens there.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

I would post there more often, but I don't want to get mean names called out at me, like little liberal hippie bitch hurts my feelings
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Old Skool Warrior ID needs a thread purge. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

'kay. I'm gonna go make a poll. Executive decisions will go to the staff majority vote after we go see the public vote. It's like the House and the Senate! And then I reserve the right to veto anyway. That's how this works, right?

But seriously. I'll go throw some options up in Forum Announcements. I want to see the public opinion, and then we'll take those results into the back office and spank them a little to see what happens. I don't think there is anyone here who can deny that the forums could use a breath of fresh air, and perhaps that can come with a little late-spring cleaning.

Your thread got turned from "prune threads" into "kill ID" and somehow I'm okay with that.

@Alpha, it definitely either needs another mod to help with it, or removal of mods altogether so that the SMods and Admins will get post reports from the forum, if it stays as it is now.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I would be immensely grateful if Locke4God threads were purged.
    From what I've read I totally agree with you.

Otherwise I kind of take exception to you determining what is and isn't 'intellectual'. Should we start quoting academic papers? I could do it, if I didn't come to a gaming forum to get away from that. The monopoly is on thought, expression, and civil discussion. Achieve these and we'd be good... We don't need a self-righteous attitude to what threads are more or less intellectual than others. Indeed that could be the opposite of what we need. And if you don't agree, well the onus is on you to create some threads.
    Now now. I'm not being condescending or elitist here. If anything I like the creativity of thought in ID and I always have, that's why before I left last time it used to be my favourite forum to post in. I am taking exception to the number of threads in there that can't be posted in anymore because of the length of time they've been not posted in. Get rid of them and we can reboot that it. I'm far from self-righteous, I wasn't making an impassioned plea. Just this forum is about feedback and I was voicing an opinion, one that seems rather popular.

I'd instead suggest stricter enforcement of the rules (including the special ID rules, like being respectful). Or maybe an additional modetator...

Unless you can hand us a list of ten threads that deserve to be purged with adequate justifications.
    Moderation would be good, but not entirely necessary because when Meier can come on he does a cracking job of it. My list would be pages 4 onwards. Content isn't the main issue with me, it's that I don't want to bump threads? And if they're archived they're still VISIBLE, so if it's a repeat thread at least you can look back to prior arguments? Surely that's a good thing is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    'kay. I'm gonna go make a poll. Executive decisions will go to the staff majority vote after we go see the public vote. It's like the House and the Senate! And then I reserve the right to veto anyway. That's how this works, right?

But seriously. I'll go throw some options up in Forum Announcements. I want to see the public opinion, and then we'll take those results into the back office and spank them a little to see what happens. I don't think there is anyone here who can deny that the forums could use a breath of fresh air, and perhaps that can come with a little late-spring cleaning.

Your thread got turned from "prune threads" into "kill ID" and somehow I'm okay with that.
    Yeah it does seem to have been hijacked somewhat.. I was only suggesting that ID has some flaws that are easily remedied. If people disagree so be it, it's only feedback after all.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries

OK so now you've clarified, do you just want old threads moved to the Cleft? That's supposed to be happening anyway.

Blog Entries

Perhaps that and ignore what I said about not needing mods.. based on the last 24 hours another one. I think that's fair?
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries

I was just informed by a user that had posted in an ID thread, and that person got flamed in PMs? Because they wanted to participate? Like what in the hell is wrong with you people lol.

I get it, ID is a hotspot, people are very adamant about their beliefs, great. But show some class and intellect! Sheesh..
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I was just informed by a user that had posted in an ID thread, and that person got flamed in PMs? Because they wanted to participate? Like what in the hell is wrong with you people lol.

I get it, ID is a hotspot, people are very adamant about their beliefs, great. But show some class and intellect! Sheesh..
    Whoever flamed that user is an embarrassment to this forum. I actively encourage people to post in there and you're dead right Rock, they needed to show some class.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries

For transparency, it wasn't me.

Registered User ID needs a thread purge. Diyala's Avatar

I am surprised that some people can call themselves educated and civilized and confidently participate in intellectual discussions to find them use anything but intellect language or at least a point of a discussion and purely badmouth you and your beliefs !

Blog Entries

Sadly that has happened before. When it's out in the open it is usually stamped down upon very hard (and rightly so, of course) but how do you go about regulating it in private? Other than letting a site administrator know I suppose.

ID has always been heated. I think that's why I like it so much because, you might not always be right but you can have a damn good go at defending yourself regardless. I don't think regardless of how snipey it can get that the people taking part don't take it seriously. After all, it's arguing on the internet and we all know that arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics..
    Spoiler:

Registered User ID needs a thread purge. Diyala's Avatar

I have entered a heated debate in that ID and I criticize some members' usage to some words and that disrespectful tone mixed with arbitrary prejudiced when it comes to beliefs . I think you can't start a discussion that can be taken seriously if you failed to have the bases of the good debate which is respect and accepting the other's opinion .

I'm not sure you're talking to the right person about PMs , nothing of this got out of the thread , oh unless you refer to the negative thanks by which one can secretly badmouth you!

Blog Entries

I agree with you. It can certainly seem hostile in there occasionally and the language used is very formal at times. And there can be a lack of common civility at times. But it's not always like that. I do hope that you find - especially when this is all done that you can return there because I am sure you would be most welcome.
    Spoiler:

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ID needs a thread purge. che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everyone would love to be seen as intelligent, so ID is forever going to be a place people are going to try and use to manipulate others with. I'm talking about trolling. I'm talking specifically about Locke4God.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Everyone would love to be seen as intelligent, so ID is forever going to be a place people are going to try and use to manipulate others with. I'm talking about trolling. I'm talking specifically about Locke4God.
    I know what you mean - I do try to influence others to my opinion but that's probably because it is, in essence a debate club. Two or more opposing arguments. No one really wins but you get your point aired. The last two sentences couldn't be more true though, and I did lol a bit there.
    Spoiler:

Registered Goober ID needs a thread purge. Order's Avatar

Nobody is in danger of being manipulated on ID.
    If a thread could brainwash someone, then news, music, religion and popular culture could do it too.
    It is rediculous to imply that there are masses of people who adopt ideas simply because they are presented in an appealing way.
    Absolutely unfounded claim.
    I am offended.

Blog Entries

I see Locke4God is up to his usual trolololololing. I'm really starting to see where che is coming from - his threads just do not constitute ID, more how can I insult the US President whom I don't like in a variety of different ways?

I don't want to post in his threads. And if it's putting me off.. Well.
    Spoiler:

You could always stop in his thread and inform him of reasons why HE will never be elected as president...
    That would be an effective counterpoint, I think.

the night man cometh ID needs a thread purge. Joxsjua's Avatar

It doesn'T take a professional watching IP changes to realize Locke4god and Sasquatch are one in the same. Do not allow ID and politics remain one as well..
    Last edited by Joxsjua; 06-14-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joxsjua View Post
    It doesn'T take a professional watching IP changes to realize Locke4god and Sasquatch are one in the same. Do not allow ID and politics remain one as well..
    Are you 100% sure? Because if that's the case then that really needs looking into but I don't know, I don't think Sassy would go to that much effort. It seems a bit redundant.

And Order.. That's a brilliant idea. Can't believe I never thought of that before!
    Spoiler:

Can we ban emotes in ID?
    Every time I see one in there it evokes a blinding rage.

Also, don't encourage me, Martin. I'm nassistic enough as it is.