Thread: new forum dedicated to Requests?

Boxer of the Galaxy new forum dedicated to Requests? Rowan's Avatar

new forum dedicated to Requests?

I think it would be a good idea. Although I suppose due to the rules it would have to be closesly monitored as things like roms etc are forbidden to be discussed due to certain copyright issues. But im sure there would be a lot of other things people could need. Perhaps you could have a dedicated mod to keep an eye on the 'requests' forum?

just an idea...

Re: new forum dedicated to Requests?

What kind of requests? examples plz

"where can I find legal music downloads for FF"
    "Can someone tell me____"
    "someone find me guitar tabs for..."
    "Could someone email me the links for"
    "im starting a lobby in psn, requesting people to join ____"
    "Someone want to buy my _____"ebay link?"
    "Can someone give me gil so I can play in the Arcade?"
    "Requesting artists to draw me up a final fantasy sleeve" (a little something im after)
    "requesting links to detailed report on ancient civilizations, please send to my email thanks will be given"
    "Looking for someone to talk to about ______"
    "Anyone selling __________?"
    "looking to buy _________ does anyone know where I can get one for a cheap price or is anyone selling?"
    "Im selling ___________ do you know anyone who is interested? perhaps you?"

These are just a few examples I thought of just now.
    Keeping in mind, people who post here and get what they are asking for, are sure to give thanks to those that supply them with what they require. It would be another good way to be social and give help out on TFF.

Google

Next!

yeah thats a good idea, I should have thought of that before joining this ****ing forum. Dont be a smartass.

Lady Succubus new forum dedicated to Requests? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm aware these are just examples, but I'm going to actually answer them as if they're real questions and see how much google/wiki actually comes up as valid answers.

1. iTunes?
    2. ....Be more specific with this one, but generally... Google/Wikipedia.
    3. Google
    4. Google
    5. GameFAQs.
    6. Blatant advertising so no/Google.
    7. Try being active in the community instead. It makes the forum thrive!
    8. DeviantArt/SheezyArt/Drawing Forums/Google
    9. Wikipedia/Google
    10. Google
    11. Ebay/Craigslist/Google
    12. Amazon/Ebay/Google
    13. You already asked this in a different way/Ebay/Google/Craigslist

Huh... Google popped up more than I thought.

I'm going to take your post seriously and say I don't believe we actually need a request forum. They're very rare, and when they happen, people usually post them in the proper forums and they're answered and closed afterward. We've had no problems with this.

Until the day we get SO many requests filling up the "New Posts/Today's Posts" pages, then we might think of adding one, but for now... they're extremely rare, or aren't often enough to warrant such a forum.

Edit: While Nix's post was being rather 'smart', there was no need to flame back to him or respond to that. You've gotten in trouble for that before.

You should have thought of it before making this post, Apologies for being smart, how dare I!

Take a hike wang broom..

Gingersnap new forum dedicated to Requests? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh, stop or I'll warn both of you for trolling.

Try to be respectful.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think with those types of requests, most people would be like "Uhm... get off your ass and use google?" if I'm honest. It's like asking someone else to do your homework.

If anything, a thread would be a cool idea. BUT... instead of requests, maybe have a "Recommendation Thread"? You know, you can dump a request in there, but it doesn't seem so "Bitch, make me a sammich!" if you know what I mean?

Also, please don't respond to nix any further in this thread. As for you, nix, there's being "smart" and then there's being a "smart ass". Don't cross the line. ;p

EDIT: Damn it Oceaneyes... ;-;

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I'm aware these are just examples, but I'm going to actually answer them as if they're real questions and see how much google/wiki actually comes up as valid answers.

1. iTunes?
    2. ....Be more specific with this one, but generally... Google/Wikipedia.
    3. Google
    4. Google
    5. GameFAQs.
    6. Blatant advertising so no/Google.
    7. Try being active in the community instead. It makes the forum thrive!
    8. DeviantArt/SheezyArt/Drawing Forums/Google
    9. Wikipedia/Google
    10. Google
    11. Ebay/Craigslist/Google
    12. Amazon/Ebay/Google
    13. You already asked this in a different way/Ebay/Google/Craigslist

Huh... Google popped up more than I thought.

I'm going to take your post seriously and say I don't believe we actually need a request forum. They're very rare, and when they happen, people usually post them in the proper forums and they're answered and closed afterward. We've had no problems with this.

Until the day we get SO many requests filling up the "New Posts/Today's Posts" pages, then we might think of adding one, but for now... they're extremely rare, or aren't often enough to warrant such a forum.

Edit: While Nix's post was being rather 'smart', there was no need to flame back to him or respond to that. You've gotten in trouble for that before.
    I appreciate you taking the time to post. The problem I have is that I dont want to join gamefaqs or deviantart, Itunes does not have what Im after, I cannot be bothered searching over google for ages looking for something that someone may already know where the location to that specific thing is and same goes if people already know of something somewhere else, be it on ebay, craigslist etc.

If I were to search google and find that people had been posting my answers in relation to my question, In another forum, What would that be telling us? while you feel it is not needed, I feel it is warranted. It would be more warranted that some of the other ones I see down the bottom of the forums section. I saw a post from you from 5 years ago and it was on the latest page.

It is merely a sugguestion to make things easier since this IS a final fantasy forum, all final fantasy related requests should make a suitable forum. I suppose I could just go to google and try and find everything myself. I had been messaged by someone asking me for something that I have that he wanted after not being able to find it on google, which is what prompted me to make this thread in the first place. Im just asking it be taken into consideration because it is a good idea and other websites have similar forums.

I dont care for apathetic responses to a question that ive taken time to prepare properly to you people.

Lady Succubus new forum dedicated to Requests? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well like I said before, we don't get enough to warrant a whole forum.

Maybe a sticky thread, sure... and yeah, other sites/forums may have those, but you have to take into consideration what kind of sites/forums they are. We're just mainly a discussion forum. Not a forum for selling/trading things.

Meh, call me a smartass all you want, at the end of the day, my response was pretty much the same as Victoria's, just a whole lot shorter.

If it was a good idea, i'd support the idea. It's not so i just supplied the better alternative, although to me its not an alternative but the first place one should go when looking for something as there is no equal.

Magically Delicous new forum dedicated to Requests? Merlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Google

Next!
    You know what's awesome? Googling something and the top-most links all point to forums/blogs where people the OP to Google it. Recursion sure is useful, isn't it?
    Attached Images Attached Images new forum dedicated to Requests?-capture-png