Thread: How to fight flying fiends?

O Rly? How to fight flying fiends? Arch's Avatar

How to fight flying fiends?

Im fighting in ozmone plains and my close range combat people cant hit the flying fiends only my long range bow can hit it.how do i fix this?

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

All is One.One is All. How to fight flying fiends? Firefly's Avatar
    Swords,Axes,etc can't hit flying foes unless you use the technick Telekinesis.If u don't have that you should get some bows,crossbows,or guns just in case.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User How to fight flying fiends?
    You can also use magic against flying enemies, as well as the long ranged weapons that Wolfie spoke of.

My party didn't learn Telekinesis until MUCH later in the game, so magic and long-ranged weapons are your best bet for now.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Thanks wolfie and dodie

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

All is One.One is All. How to fight flying fiends? Firefly's Avatar
    Sure my pleasure.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Tsuna Feesh How to fight flying fiends? Fate's Avatar
    I usually just fry them with magick instead of physically attacking them, which, as stated above, can only be done using bows, crossbows, guns, and I believe also explosives.

Or, you can do it with certain Technicks, such as Telekinesis, 1,000 Needles, Numerology(?), etc.

Early in the game, I just stick with bows to take them down, since I don't like wasting my MP. But later in the game, you can use Telekinesis to deal good damage to them. Even further in the game, you can take them down easily with the Sagittarius bow, the most powerful bow in the game.

If you want, you can also use Quickenings to deal damage to the flying enemies, but you need to sacrifice your MP for that. Speaking of which, you can also summon Espers to attack for you.

I forgot if items work, though, such as the motes and such.

There are numerous ways to damage flying enemies, but they just aren't all accessible straight away. I would say to stick with ranged weapons early in the game, since MP is sort of important for healing then. I can't think of any other ways.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

thanx you guys

and yea i have used belias on them before but only in an emergency and i summoned him and wiped them out quick

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

Well generally speaking as the game hint says u should use crossbows as a weapon... Yeah magicks are very useful too especially if u figure out the weakness that this kind of foe has. Most of them are so fast and clever so don't forget to use protect and haste in your gambits.
    Last edited by ekimeinna; 07-31-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Guenhwyvar How to fight flying fiends? imapanther's Avatar
    for my party I just have one character using a bow, so for the others, i made a magick gambit to attack flying foes with my level three magick spells.

レイール★レイヴン How to fight flying fiends? SacredAngel13's Avatar
    the only way is you should equip your party with long-ranged weapon such as bows or guns. or other way, you can use magick like thunder, fire, etc..
    also you can use technik such as gil toss or 1000 needles
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

Crash Boom Bang How to fight flying fiends? Lily's Avatar
    I always make sure I have at least 2 ranged characters til I learn Telekenisis, but you can't get that til waaay later on, some merchant dude in the nechrol of Nabudis. 1000 needles too, but that can get irritating later on when you know you can hit for significantly more than 1000 and the monster has fairly high HP. I tried taking down an esper in the nechrol with that.....I ended up dying in the end, it was taking forever

When I come to fliers, I make sure I have Fran and Balthier on the scene with Crossbows/guns and my third person either on healing/buff duty or just magic casting

I had this problem my first playthrough because I had erveryone with swords and only taught Penelo abit of magic because I never used it. So this time I made sure I delegatedmy magic use abit better

Just hit the shop and buy some rangedweapons for future flier encouters

How to fight flying fiends? ffking997's Avatar
    telekinisis wich u obtain from the secretgoblin mervhant in the nechrol of naubadus
    are sins ever forgiven??

Registered User How to fight flying fiends? Yesha's Avatar
    As everyone said.. you can use either bLack magick.. or Long ranged weapons such as.. bows, guns.. etc.

You can get TeLekinesis.. near the end part of the game.. and it is aLso helpfuL too, to fight fLying fiends/enemies.. :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Uhh, Arrows, Guns, MAGIC. Anything you would not use for close combat. That' s what Magic is for, for hitting the target, without having to get too close or to cause a greater damage when Physical attacks are not enough. That's what arrows and guns are for, long range weapons and magicks.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

How to fight flying fiends? ffking997's Avatar
    agic is just not for long range my friend.... they are elemental effects tht can hep you in close range fights...
    are sins ever forgiven??

Keeper of Balance/Defender of Order How to fight flying fiends? Materiathief00's Avatar
    Telekinesis was a big pain. You got it way later when you could sneak through the Necrohol and not get beat up with two hits. By the time I got/knew about where to find it I barely had any use for it anymore. Luckily, Reddas, whom is your later guest, comes with telekinesis. Still, one character with it, much less a guest, won't do you much good.
    Using most magicks on flying enemies drains your mp quickly so I never bothered doing that unless I had to. Attacking with ranged characters was fine but I only had one in my main party with a bow so that was annoying(is too lazy to change weapons for characters who use different types).
    What I did for flying enemies was either ignore them or go in first with a non-ranged weapon and let them get targeted. Then, I had them use balance (I forget when it's available to you) while attacking with the ranged weapon user. When the targeted character got too hurt, I just healed them. Balance takes a lot less mp than most magicks.
    I'm probably not helping much but I figured I'd share.

This INCREDIBLE banner was made by Kilala, thank you so much for making it for me!
    ----------------------------
    Barret: What are you?
    Red XIII: An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see.