Thread: get rid of VMs showing on activity feed.

Boxer of the Galaxy get rid of VMs showing on activity feed. Rowan's Avatar

get rid of VMs showing on activity feed.

People VM for a reason and more often then not its because they are talking to someone directly, its none of our buisiness what theyre saying to each other and it just takes up space in the feed.

The Old Skool Warrior get rid of VMs showing on activity feed. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. I ran an update on some tables last night and I guess that switched over. Fixed.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    get rid of VMs showing on activity feed. Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    People VM for a reason and more often then not its because they are talking to someone directly, its none of our buisiness what theyre saying to each other and it just takes up space in the feed.
    I second Rowan's motion for three reasons:

1. Visitor messages between members should be digested by visiting said member profile pages, not spilled out in the public eye. Often it's trivial chatter among friends which shouldn't populate the Activity Stream.
    2. This rampant casual conversation dilutes the Activity Stream, as it were, of meaningful posts elsewhere in forums or blogs.
    3. Honestly, I'm bored as **** at the moment and need some cause to champion.

However, this isn't strictly a privacy argument for me. Private conversations can and should be held within the confines of private messages or off-site instant-messaging programs. Like most people I use private messaging for this sort of thing (and I have instant-messaging programs but I don't advertise them). I wouldn't argue that Visitor Messages should be totally private---only that they don't need to be explicitly advertised in the Activity Stream.

[devilsadvocate]...but it IS activity, isn't it?[/kefka]

Like Rowan, however, I still don't find most Visitor Message conversations occurring between two other people to be any of my business. Having it in the Activity Stream makes me feel like an accidental eavesdropper.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Hmm. I ran an update on some tables last night and I guess that switched over. Fixed.
    Well **** me. Loco beat me to it me while I was typing off a reply. LAG. LAAAGG!

Now I'm bored again.
    Last edited by Incognitus; 08-11-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Sniped by Cesar.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.