Thread: Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers

SpellWarrior Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers Hinj's Avatar

Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers

If any what is your favorite esper in Final fantasy XII or what do you think is the best esper? Hopefully this has not been asked already.

Registered User Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers
    Hopefully this has not been asked already.
    SURPRISE!!!! It sure has been. Found this on the second page of the FFXII forum. No worries though. I've posted a topic that was already on the forums before.

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...ite-esper.html

I already replied to that thread, so if you don't mind, I'm just going to copy/paste my response from that one. I'm lazy.

Well, I didn't really use espers that much in my game, but I guess I could go ahead a pick a couple I think are cool.

First up is Ultima.

I trudged all throughout that damn crystal just to find her. The journey was perilous and the battle intense. My party barely grasped victory, but they achieved it in the end. My reward? An Esper that I haven't even used yet. So, why did I work so hard to obtain her? I have a thing about collecting things and completing quests. I must do everything that a game has to offer me.

Next is Belias.

This is the first Esper that I got in the game. Heck, it's everyone's first Esper. So, just because it's first it gets to be on my list. Oh, and if memory serves correctly, Belias is the only Esper that you need to proceed through the game. Let me explain: When you get to the Feywood there is a large door that blocks the party from entering Giruvegan. The only way to get passed it is with Belias. I can think of no other point in the game that any other Esper serves as something like that.

Lastly, I pick Zalera.

I think this one has an interesting story. Before he was cast down from grace, he took a hostage with him. I think that's how I would go, too. If I'm going to be banished, then by God someone is coming with me!

I need Zodiark and my Esper collection will be complete. Getting to him is pretty difficult at the moment, and when I actually do make it, it doesn't take long before my party is wiped out.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-17-2009 at 02:13 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

SpellWarrior Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers Hinj's Avatar
    Ooooooooops sorrry.

Death Before Dishonor Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    zalera rules....nuf said

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers Seerax's Avatar
    I only have 4 espers...

But I think that Beilas is my favorite (so far) ^^

Registered User Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers Yesha's Avatar
    Mine wouLd be.. ULtima "The High Seraph", she just Looks great and beautifuL.. aLso, for me.. she got the cooLest DeathbLow and.. the cooLest animation when summoning.. :-) She can deaL a 9999 physicaL damage with just her normaL attacks, which is great.. but actuaLLy, I'm not a fond of summoning, because when I got her, my characters can aLready deaL aLot of damage and my other Espers too, became useLess .. :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Registered User Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers Seerax's Avatar
    I agree, espers seem to be pretty useless...

Rabanastran Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers Belugn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    First up is Ultima.

I trudged all throughout that damn crystal just to find her. The journey was perilous and the battle intense. My party barely grasped victory, but they achieved it in the end. My reward? An Esper that I haven't even used yet. So, why did I work so hard to obtain her? I have a thing about collecting things and completing quests. I must do everything that a game has to offer me.
    Oh god yes. I haven't been so frustrated in my entire life, getting that esper. The great crystal is probably the place I hate the most in the entire games. No real map. Tons of random gate ways. Tons of mom bombs, first not so tough, so you're like sure! This is easy! Then deeper into the cryst they start to appear with lv 60+, if I'm not mistaken. Not so fun when they chain reacts to one another and blows up in your face. Quite lethal. And the time limits...god. My favourite show on TV was on when I tried to get to Ultima, I didn't think it would take such a long time, so I had to run the last way, and then fight her, in the commercial breaks. And even after the show I still had probably 30-40 minutes left of the fight. It took ages for me for some reason.

I still have to say that Ultima is one of my favourite espers though, her design is so amazing, and I love her story. It's also a nostalgic aspect to it, considering she appears in FF tactics advance. It was really cool to get to see her in such defined 3D, haha.

And Chuchulainn (no idea where all the ´ are going so I'll just leave them out. xD) It was SUCH a fun battle, and I really enjoyed the sewer puzzle, and well, sewers overall. I'd want to have more sewer quests really. And just..look at the guy. What's not to love.

I agree about espers being pretty much useless. But the quests to get them are interesting, I have to mention that getting Chaos was an amazing journey. The Nabreus deadlands and the Necrohol of Nabudis fascinates me.

Favorite Esper...........Maybe spoilers ffking997's Avatar
    my favorites are
    ultima "the high seraph"... she is graceful and strong.. tough to get... jsut one of my favs...
    next is
    Zalera-an undead queen... very powerful... nice to have...
    are sins ever forgiven??