Thread: Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger

I have a question for the moderators/admin. I was wondering, hoping rather yous guys could make a section for Chrono Trigger. I do like the help I have gotten before on this wonderful forum and I would hate to leave for another forum for something I know you awesome people are well versed in and very opinionated about... which is a good thing of course. I have just picked up Chrono Trigger again (Android goodness) and am going to grab all endings in a row this time around. It would be awesome to see what people thought about it on this forum and just in general. Just a thought. Thank you in advance if you do read this.

Chrono Trigger has to be the greatest RPG ever created. Then comes FF7.

The Old Skool Warrior Chrono Trigger LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we were to do another section, unfortunately it wouldn't be for CT alone. There simply isn't the activity level for it. I am not entirely opposed to, say, a special forum for discussion of other Square Enix titles, away from the mass that becomes General Gaming.

Also, I'll move this to Feedback.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Thank you

I would like to thank you for at least taking this into consideration. I know that if you do something for Chrono Trigger you would be pleased by the number of people it actually does draw to the forum. After Square Enixs Cease and desist letters to a few fan sites people have a bitter taste in their mouths and many strong Chrono Trigger forums were broken up dismantled and taken to the cleaners. This being said a lot of those people are looking for a new home. This forum is a wonderful place and I know that they would enjoy it here. Much thanks.

I am sorry I posted this in the wrong section however .

Last edited by B3atingu; 02-10-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Chrono Trigger is an excellent game. I don't remember having this much fun replaying it on 3DS recently since I've played it over 10 years ago. Excellent music, cool characters, great story. I only wished it had more secrets, because I didn't want it to end. Still have to beat it and see all the endings. I'd have to agree with you that Chrono Trigger is one of the top 3 best rpg's of all time at least. FF6 is the other one and the third one is the one that noone knows about lol.

CT is a great game, i finally got the chance to play it when they released it on the 3DS (it was never released in my country) My one criticism is it was too short.

But yeah as Loco confirmed, there just isnt enough forum activity anymore. Sure we had to group up all the FF forums based on generation as even the FF forums were declining in activity, which is perfectly fine for games so dated.

We did put it to vote years ago to make a non FF rpg forum, it would have covered the likes of Xenogears, breath of fire, Grandia etc but even that fell through, finger points to Gen gaming ma boyo!

Yeah, it is abit too short. There could've been more secrets, but oh well. Also I found there could've been more combos, since you can unlock all of them pretty much early in the game if you grind hard enough. Some new ones should've been ulockable only on higher levels. Anyways, the game is still awesome and fun regardless.

Even if we make a Board for Chrono Trigger and Cross, I feel it'll only be popping for about a month or so before it dwindles down to what the other Final Fantasy boards are at. Roughly 1 or 2 posts a month, depending on who is there.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    That's why I don't mind making a collective for other Square Enix RPGs, rather than just Chrono alone. Between nostalgia for that and Dragon Quest discussions, it's viable.

Further input?

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Consistently Average Chrono Trigger Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think gen gaming already covers other rpgs and games. But a seperate thread might have it's own benifits, like if you needed help with a particular game.

We could have general gaming as just that, A forum where you can talk about games or topics too general for the other threads (like with news and stuff).
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Other SE games board would be cool.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy Chrono Trigger Rowan's Avatar
    I think general gaming could use more attention. Segregating even furthar would make things worse in that regard.

Perhaps you are all right. However it would be a tragedy to deny this wonderful forum new "recruits" if you would.
    It may just revive for a month or so but it could possibly inject new life where there has been none.
    What could It hurt? Maybe some moderation time?
    If that be the only hurdle I would take over the responsibilities if they be too much.
    Don't deny this great forum life once more!

Secret of Mana is Square's game too, right? What other games? BoF, Dragon Quest.

Square has also made other widely known games such as Legend of Mana, Xenogears, Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve 2, Saga Frontier, Romancing Saga, Vagrant Story, Kingdom Hearts (done in collaboration with Disney Interactive), and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (done under the guidance of Shigeru Miyamoto).

Yeah, having a sub forum for other Square games would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin1199 View Post
    Secret of Mana is Square's game too, right? What other games? BoF, Dragon Quest.

Square has also made other widely known games such as Legend of Mana, Xenogears, Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve 2, Saga Frontier, Romancing Saga, Vagrant Story, Kingdom Hearts (done in collaboration with Disney Interactive), and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (done under the guidance of Shigeru Miyamoto).

Yeah, having a sub forum for other Square games would be awesome.
    The only game I have not beaten out of those listed is kingdom hearts. All very wonderful games Brave fencer musashi, xenogears and FF7 all came out around the same time as I remember it. I beat them all in the same year. Awesome games.

Xenogears, Brave Fencer Musashi, FF7 all need to be remade for Android. Just an opinion but that was a golden age where I do strongly believe Square hit one of It's highest notes of all time. ANY opinions on that?
    Last edited by B3atingu; 02-11-2014 at 10:29 PM.

And now I guess Lara Croft could count as well. And we could have the Enix side too and games like Illusion of Gaia, Soul Blazer, Terranigma, etc.

Lady Succubus Chrono Trigger Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Once upon a time we actually used to have a 'Other Square Titles' forum or something of that sort, but then it got congregated into GG for.. whatever reason from way back when.

Blog Entries
    Well, if another forum is gonna crop up, I'd like to just limit it to Square Enix's RPGs, but I'm open to opinion.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Well, if another forum is gonna crop up, I'd like to just limit it to Square Enix's RPGs, but I'm open to opinion.

That is a wonderful compromise in my opinion. I am all for it Loco. I am sure all of the others agree. However in the end Sir it is your decision.
    I am a fan of square Enix and really do not enjoy many other rpgs from other companies just a very small few. As I said xenogears Chrono Trigger and FF7 are my favorites brave fencer musashi was brilliant.
    I am in love with the idea so please everyone just agree lolz

Sounds good.