Thread: Can you miss getting some loot? Forever?

Rabanastran Can you miss getting some loot? Forever? Belugn's Avatar

Can you miss getting some loot? Forever?

I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there clearer than me at this point...

When it comes to the loot needed for bazaar items, is there a chance that you'll have completly missed out on being able to get some bazaar items, if you for instance kill a boss, and that very boss was the only source of -insert random loot name here-. Is there that possibility, or can you always find some other respawning enemy somewhere who also drops that loot?

God I'm not sure I'm making sense, no matter how I try to put this question down, it still sounds confusing. I hope I got my point across. It's just that I've heard somewhere that if you don't manage to steal this or that from this or that boss, well good for you, now you won't be able to get this sword/armour/bow/whatever from the bazaar. Then I hear others saying the opposite and I'm just not sure at all of anything.
    "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game. I think I'm better at telling a story."
    Hironobu Sakaguchi

.............. Can you miss getting some loot? Forever? smurphy's Avatar

Re: Can you miss getting some loot? Forever?

I know that if you open a certain box early in the game you forgo the oppurtunity to acquire someones best weapon. It says more here. Carbon Ocelot's Final Fantasy XII Walkthrough (ffxii Walkthrough)
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Haha, of the Zodiak Spear, I'm aware.

I'm worrying more about killing an enemy that only spawns ONCE until you've killed it, and missing to steal it's unique loot - if there now is such a thing.
    "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game. I think I'm better at telling a story."
    Hironobu Sakaguchi

.............. Can you miss getting some loot? Forever? smurphy's Avatar

Oh sorry, my bad. I use the GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Loot/Bazaar Goods FAQ by FeuFeu FAQ and from what I can see loot dropped by monsters that only spawn once can be acquired by other means. You might want to check under "complete list" in the FAQ itself.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Registered User Can you miss getting some loot? Forever? kupo's Avatar

i dont think there is. there is loot that is quite rare that you have to acquire but, to my knowledge, nothing needed from a monster that only appears once. but i will stand corrected.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

You might have to get loot off of rare spawns, which are hard to spawn. As for a boss item you steal? Don't think so.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Can you miss getting some loot? Forever?

I don't think that there's any loot that doesn't appear again with some more monsters running around Ivalice. I'll read up on in a bit more in-depth though, and give you a more definite answer, but my gut feeling says no.

I know that there's certain weapons that you have to steal in order to get them, and you really have only one shot at getting them. The Genji armor comes to mind. If you don't get it during the hunt "Battle On the Big Bridge", then you can say "Bye bye" to ever getting it in the game. But as for the loot, even if you miss stealing it from rare monsters, I'm pretty sure it appears elsewhere in other enemies.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Do the elements trust you? Can you miss getting some loot? Forever? bahamuts heir's Avatar

I think that is only for marks
    bosses,hell no.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Tsuna Feesh Can you miss getting some loot? Forever? Fate's Avatar

Yes, you can, I believe. I recall seeing once that if you don't pick up the bag of loot that Omega Mark XII leaves behind, you will never, ever be able to get it again, thus preventing you from ever buying a Wyrmhero Blade from the Bazaar. Don't know if there are others, though, but I do believe this one is correct. I think it was the Godslayer's Badge of something? =3

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Thanks guys for clearing out my confusing. I think I read somewhere about Espers and High Arcana. Some guide that kept reminding you to STEAL THAT HIGH ARCANA IT'LL BE THE LAST HIGH ARCANA YOU'LL EVER SEE IN YOUR LIFE.
    Etc.
    But then from time to time after doing some major looting around Ivalice, I would find a High Arcana in my loot bag, being pretty sure that one didn't come from no Esper...

@Dodie: Yeah the genji set. The first time I just got two pieces of the full four piece set, simply because at the time I had no idea you could steal from him twice per battle. I guess he's the exception then, but then again he's always been. -just finished my second battle with him in FFV again- : > Good ol Gilgamesh.

@Fate: Had NO idea about that. Thanks for the information. Haven't challenged that mark yet however, I'll keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Belugn; 03-15-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    Hironobu Sakaguchi

Tsuna Feesh Can you miss getting some loot? Forever? Fate's Avatar

Regarding High Arcanas, I know for a fact that getting them from Espers isn't the only way. I think rare monsters can drop them occasionally if you have the Canopic Jar in your inventory. Also, I believe you can trade things in the Bazaar to get the High Arcana, too, using regular Arcanas (dropped by all monsters if you have the Canopic Jar) and another ingredient. (I want to say Gysahl Greens, which you can buy). In any case, High Arcanas are unlimited.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Ah that feels good. Another thing I can reminisince myself about is some loot you could only get from the Trophy Rare Ishteen. But perhaps that was another bad guide then, heh. It's the trophy rares I'm the most anxious about when it comes to stealing it's loot.
    Hironobu Sakaguchi