Thread: This block system is useless

This block system is useless Jin's Avatar

This block system is useless

Why can people I've blocked still post personal messages on my profile? It seems pointless to block someone when I get a "1 new profile message" notification every time a blocked individual posts on my profile. Obviously I'm going to check it out because it could be someone I actually want to communicate with and obviously if it's the blocked person in question, I'm going to want to see what they're putting on my profile as it's no doubt something I don't want to be present right on my profile. I don't want to have to manually delete them every time either and be stuck with a "this post was deleted by jin" tag.

In user options I've only found a way to disable profile posts completely, not a way to prevent only people who are blocked from posting on them. Is there actually a way to do this? Perhaps something to do with the "approved/unapproved" posts (as I have no idea what that means)?

If there isn't a way, there really should be if it's at all possible.
    Last edited by Jin; 02-02-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Until now!

Lady Succubus This block system is useless Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just recently joined a forum that's vb, and it has the option to keep VMs and even PMs allowed from the staff and people on your contact list.

So if it's allowable there, I don't see why it can't be allowable here. I think there needs to be some altering/adding on. And I agree with Jin, too.

Although it's not really blocking, it's ignoring their posts and you still 'see' their posts anyways...

But yeah. If there's a way to do that in another vB forum, I don't see the problem putting it on this vB forum.

(Not really answering the question, more supporting the point that this is something plausible to do for this forum.)

What exactly is my contacts list? If you're saying that I'd have to add everyone to that list other than the people I don't want to post, that doesn't really help much. I don't have that much time.

Until now!

Lady Succubus This block system is useless Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your contact list is your buddy/friend list. So basically, the people you see in your friend list are the only people that can VM you. *Checks the options available just to double check*

Yeah. "Limit VM usage to your contacts and Moderators."
    I mean, it's fine for people who only talk to the people they actually talk to...

Edit: ...Just looked at your friend list. Hm.. only 8 people. Yeah.. I can see your problem, then.
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-02-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Vagabond Thief This block system is useless Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you here Jin but you can delete the post but when you delete it will say "deleted by " and then the reason. so they wont be on your profile.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

I shouldn't have to do it is my point. I don't put a lot of people on my ignore list. When I do, I don't want to interact with them. Period. That includes having to manually delete their posts from my profile. I'm aware that I may be asking the impossible as there may not be a way to manipulate Vb forums in a manner that would allow that, but I figure I'll at least ask and wait until someone who actually knows the answer posts.

So to summarize: unanswered.

Until now!

Dark Knight This block system is useless Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar
    From my experience a good hacker can do it, or an admin really good at programming.
    SPOILER!!: