Thread: 2013 TFF Awards

Boxer of the Galaxy 2013 TFF Awards Rowan's Avatar

2013 TFF Awards

From memory, we didnt do them last year. I think it was mainly due to the part of the people who did a lot of the work, are no longer active on the forum. Was just wondering if anyone was interested in organising anything this year, id be willing to pick up the torch and help out. I think we had the voting game where we took votes and gave votes to others and when you reached 0, you would die a descriptive death.(limit 1 post per day, of course) We have similar systems in place when it came to specific awards also.

So I guess we could call this thread an expression of interest. Anyone interested?

(frequently updated)
    Expression of interest:
    pretty sure everyone is interested.
    Last edited by Rowan; 11-26-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Memento RK 2013 TFF Awards Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm on the forum daily, I'm just too busy to say anything. I could probably lend a hand if there is more interest.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Chief Inspiring Officer 2013 TFF Awards Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would be honored to join your cause, you may count me in
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Consistently Average 2013 TFF Awards Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i'd be happy to help out, the awards are always a fun part of the year. What kind of help would be needed?
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    Yeah i'd be happy to help out, the awards are always a fun part of the year. What kind of help would be needed?
    Well I'd need people to create award banners, I'd need some help from people to come up with ideas for awards, and small little contest/events that we use to do. It would help if someone could pull a list of all the awards and games we had done in previous years to give us something to start with. Also, just having an idea of how many people are willing to participate in general is pretty much the means for whether or not this will happen at all.

Registered User 2013 TFF Awards Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd be down with it. I might be able to help out a little bit but I won't be able to make any banners this year I don't think. Sorry >.<

Blog Entries
    Here's what the last awards looked like (links to the two threads).

Because we don't have huge amounts of members at the moment, would it be best to reduce the number of awards to just the 'core' ones? Stuff like best male/female/staff member could probably take presidence over some of the sillier ones.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Thanks Halie, thats okay. I'm sure we can figure something out.

Kurt, thanks for pulling a list. And it turns out I do have a bad memory, because we did have awards last year. I must have just been thinking about the elimination game. Anyway, this is exactly the kind of thing we need to work out. I think things like 'best new member' and even 'best member' can be excluded for being too vague.
    Heres a list of stuff and you guys tell me if you think we should add/cull things from it.

Best Staff Member
    Most Intelligent
    Nicest Male
    Nicest Female
    Funniest Member
    Most Attractive Male
    Most Attractive Female
    Music Guru
    Most Interesting Journal
    Best thread creator
    Biggest FF Fan
    Best New Member
    Most Active/Contributing Member

Feel free to come up with sugguestions and Ideas to add to this list.
    Last edited by Rowan; 11-21-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think best new member should stay, as a sort of incentive for the (few) new members that managed to stick around.

How about most active member? It can be for the person who's made good posts over all the forums. Or just someone who's been active in contributing to the site and community.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Mystyrion 2013 TFF Awards C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    I think best new member should stay, as a sort of incentive for the (few) new members that managed to stick around.

How about most active member? It can be for the person who's made good posts over all the forums. Or just someone who's been active in contributing to the site and community.
    So
    Best New Member
    Most Active Member/Best Contributing Member

Blog Entries
    We should have a funniest member award. Because there are too many jokers around here to ignore them all.

EDIT: how long will all of this take?
    Last edited by Cyanist; 11-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.

TFF's Resident Messenger 2013 TFF Awards Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm all for this. I could even try my hand at banner making (if you don't want something too extravagant). I could even make a couple for proofing to see if you'd be interested in using me for that. As for timeline, if you ran nominations for ten days starting December 1, and voting for ten days; people could be awarded before the New Year.

The only suggestion I have is to make the voting round via PM, with nominations remaining public. This way it's more of a surprise for the winners. Although, that also means that I won't get to count the votes unless I am asked to receive the PMs. You know how I love making a spreadsheet.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

The Mad God 2013 TFF Awards Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Having votes be more private is probably better anyways, easier to be objective when nobody else can judge your decisions.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

The Old Skool Warrior 2013 TFF Awards LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, I like the idea of Michael making a spreadsheet!

And we should change Most Interesting Journal to Best Blogger as it more appropriately suits the change in the forum since the last award.

~ Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Hi everyone! Just following up here. Love the amount of reception we've recieved and so far things are looking as follows;

Best Staff Member
    Most Intelligent
    Nicest Male
    Nicest Female
    Funniest Member
    Most Attractive Male
    Most Attractive Female
    Music Guru
    Best Blogger
    Best thread creator
    Biggest FF Fan
    Best New Member
    Most Active/Contributing Member

we still have time to add more catagories to this.
    Michael has presented some great looking banners and I think we'd be happy to have him take charge of that if you're still willing too.
    Voting could never be fully private since somone has to read the votes, I think we could consider making them private, although It would need to discussed furthar. There is some enlightenment knowing which people like your blog or think you are the best new member. Even if you didnt win, knowing that a few people out there voted for you is great. Also, Im slightly confused as to how nominations work. Didnt we just vote people and that was it?

I think voting should start on dec 10th, and we could conclude them on the 26th. That gives 16 days for people to cast their votes, which should be more than enough time. The following time can be spent dispensing awards/banners.

Also, wanted to know if anyone has given thought to any games we could all participate in? As previously mentioned, the descriptive death game? As morbid as it may be, still can be pretty fun.

Blog Entries
    Seeing as we're a video game forum how about something like Biggest Gamer? That might be a little vague, but if someone can come up with a better title I think we should include something like that.

As for the member elimination game, I found the last one's thread which has all the rules for signing up etc. From memory it went on for ages because the final two had like over 40 votes by the end of it. I'm not even sure if it finished properly.

I think if we were to try it again we should lower the amount of points you start with or reduce the amount of times you can vote a day or something. IDK I was only in the game for a couple rounds, maybe someone who's been in a few more could tell us what worked/didn't work.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Death Before Dishonor 2013 TFF Awards Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Having the TFF awards always help generate some activity on the forums so I am definitely down for it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

TFF's Resident Messenger 2013 TFF Awards Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There was a nomination period that we used to gather interest in the categories. After that ended, the four with the highest amount of nominations in each category moved on to the voting round. Then, members voted for who they wanted to win among those four. I counted the votes and presented the results to Polk, who then proceeded to award individuals for their achievements in 2011. We never had an awards thing for achievements in 2012.

If the nomination round is public, it still gets that attention to individuals/couples Rowan described. The privacy of the voting round I suggested is more to get people to vote on who they want to win. I noticed in counting the votes last time that the results can be swayed in favor of someone if others see how another member votes. It also majorly cuts down on what I thought was so annoying last time, and that was people editing their votes. People would edit their vote several times before the deadline. This made keeping a running tally of the results harder; and considering the amount of people who voted, it was best to keep a running tally rather than counting it all up after the deadline. And as long as the person(s) keeps everything secret, then the results will remain private until it is time to reveal the winners. *Michael's hand shoots up to be allowed to count the votes.

As for the award banners, I am up for making them. All I need is a final list of categories, and I will get started. I've already finished Staff Member, New Member, and Most Intelligent. And I still want to make that spreadsheet. Also, I was thinking of maybe even doing it up all fancy-like and making a video.

Speaking of spreadsheets, I had one made for the last Member Elimination Game. After more than 100 days, Rocky ended up the victor. Both TFF members who were competing and not competing could only vote once per day. Participants started with 10 points. Each vote started with being able to deduct and add only one point (two points on Sundays). After a while, the amount was increased. The main reason it lasted as long as it did was because there were a lot of people playing. Then when someone reached 0, it was Victoria's, Meier's, and my job to give the unlucky ones a painful death. Sadly, I can't find the thread with the votes. All I know is that Rocky won, I came in second, and then 3rd and 4th Place were Victoria and Yoko (at the time was known as R.Kyra). I know I wrote about it in detail in my journal.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Ahh now I remember. Well, it sounds good! Feel free to continue making the banners based on the awards we have presented in the previous post, as they are core. If there is time and if it is convienient for you , there may be another sugguestion in the next few days for another award. So I think in the next week or so we can get started on the official nomination thread. What do we think?

Blog Entries
    It sounds like Micheal got things moving - awesome!

What are the rest of us supposed to do?

More awards... maybe there should be an 'indecent comment' or most 'Raucous member' award? (Noxious Sunshine will prolly win that one, tho...)

The Mad God 2013 TFF Awards Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Iunno, I think I have a pretty good entry for indecent comment this year. Got a warning for it too.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

#LOCKE4GOD 2013 TFF Awards Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heartily endorse this product and/or event.

Blog Entries
    Can we drop the "most attractive" categories. It's really very silly. Everyone has different preferences, and it encourages creepy PMs and people whoring themselves out. Also I am not sure if I can find enough bathrooms this year for my whore pics. That being said, this is about Final Fantasy, and Rowan may or may not be in mine.

I would suggest keeping the categories well rounded so it's not always the most active/popular members winning all the categories. And although I've always enjoyed the idea of the official TFF Awards Merging with the Bogus Awards, it may be counterproductive to that.

/funkiller

LET THE GAMES BEGIN HEYOOOOOOO

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

@Che, I was really hoping to add more awards at this point, as opposed to culling some. I see your point though. And for the record, I never found your PM's creepy at all,

<3

So here is what I was thinking.

Official TFF awards:
    -Best Staff Member
    -Most Intelligent
    -Nicest Male
    -Nicest Female
    -Funniest Member
    -Music Guru
    -Best Blogger
    -Best thread creator
    -Biggest FF Fan
    -Best New Member
    -Most Active/Contributing Member
    -Best grammar

@HA, The idea that someone could be praised(in this case, given an award) for making indecent comments on the forum is not something I think the mods/admins would be happy with. With their permission though, we may be able to have a bogus awards catagory as Che sugguested, which could include the following;

Bogus Awards:
    -Most Attractive Male
    -Most Attractive Female
    -Indecent Comment award
    -TFF Trouble Maker
    -Most likely to be banned
    -Lvl.99 Spammer
    -TFF Psychologist (giver of useful advice)
    -TFF Party Pooper
    -Biggest Troll

We need to decide which catagories stay and which catagories go. Theres a chill in the air. December is coming... but mainly because Michael is generously donating his own time making the banners, and he needs to know which ones to make.The following posts should be in favour or against catagories that stay. Final decision goes to one of the mods/admins. Just in case theres a problem with some of the bogus catagories.
    Last edited by Rowan; 11-26-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. 2013 TFF Awards Polk's Avatar
    Just wanted to pop in here and say good luck to you, Rowan. Doing them two years ago was pretty fun, and I totally meant to do them last year, but then real life happened (and also I'm incredibly lazy), and before you know it, it's almost time for awards to roll around again.

Anyway, if you need help or anything, feel free to send me a pm or a message on skype or something.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Polk View Post
    Just wanted to pop in here and say good luck to you, Rowan. Doing them two years ago was pretty fun, and I totally meant to do them last year, but then real life happened (and also I'm incredibly lazy), and before you know it, it's almost time for awards to roll around again.

Anyway, if you need help or anything, feel free to send me a pm or a message on skype or something.
    Thanks Polk!

Well, are we all ready to get started with the nominations?

Gingersnap 2013 TFF Awards OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heeeeeey awesome. Having hosted them a couple years in a row, I will say THANK YOU for taking on the "responsibility."

Now to send creepy PMs...
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!