Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Anomaly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToroMor View Post
    ^That's the spirit. I believe that all warriors are equally stainless in their honor.

Probably it was my fault to give the co-judging a try in the first place.
    I was too worried about getting a verdict at all so I was gladly accepting anyone that would assist in this deed. Obviously, I was wrong.
    You and me both. While I'm not exactly thrilled about recent developments,(Hell, recent? This has been ****ed up for MONTHS!) I can very succently state that PM's actions are completely his own. He's not even a member of the governing body of The Masters. He has, unfortunately only to my most recent knowledge, been mis-representing members of The Masters, including myself. His words are not ours, individually or collectively, and thus should be disregarded.

I apologize for this development, and if there are any further questions to be asked of any member of The Masters, I ask that they be forwarded to the individual themselves, or failing their response, to myself or another meber of the Circle of Nine.

I hope that this matter can finally be resolved.

Lady Succubus Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Almost an hour and a half since my last post.

1. I'm halfway. Bear with me.
    2. Lunch time! =D

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A ToroMor's Avatar
    Gnaaaaaarrrrr weren't you having breakfast a short time ago?? Think of your belly :P

I will sit here and wait until I fall off the chair or the verdict is online!

Blog Entries
    If 4 hours is a short while ago, sure. I'm resuming now, do not worry.

Blog Entries
    Hour later. 3/4 of the way through. It's taking me this long because the written posts are long. I thought it'd be an easier read, but there you go.

I need a cigarette. *bites nails*
    After 7 months (counting from the day of the official challenge), the decision is now at hand!

Blog Entries
    2 1/2 posts left.

*spam*

*lights another cig*

*fans Toph with newspaper*

Blog Entries
    Last Post, yo. Heh. My mind has just been blown.

C'mon only one more! You can do it!!!
    Go Go Go

Blog Entries
    Heh. I've finished reading the battle. And may I emphasize, that my mind is officially blown away.

This is like watching Evangelion, or perhaps RahXephon. If you're unfamiliar with these shows, I highly recommend you see them.

The last two posts are so utterly mind blowing, I'm not even going to try and comprehend what the hell was going on. If I do, I lose the enjoyment of getting tripped out.

Talk about Epic. Give me a moment while I write and wrap up my comments, and then I will post them up.

Congratulations, everything is done.

Blog Entries
    RESULTS TIME

Sundering Dimensions - DarkVivi vs Ryuujin

Bryan – Post #1 - Now, I don’t know whether to take Bryan’s post into account or not, since he got dropped out and replaced by darkVivi. Regardless, Bryan had a nice short intro that delved slightly into his character’s power source. His character had an elegant feel to him. Although I would have liked the surroundings to be mentioned a little bit. No big deal, though.

Ryuujin - Post #1 - I like how he also delved into his character’s power and made a big boast to Distruzion. Seeing as grammar/spelling isn’t graded unless it’s really horrid, there are no points to dock for this post.

Darkvivi - Post #1 - Well, it seems an undead viking has appeared in place of Distruzion. Although, I thought that the opening dialogue he did for Destruzion was out of character. It was a last minute deal, and vivi doesn’t have as much experience as the rest, so I’ll only take a slight mark off of continuity. Now let’s see how this new combatant fairs in the battle.

Ryuujin - Post #2 - The post is better written this time, however there was a lack of a comma and an excessive word that wasn’t needed in the very last statement. “Valkyarc screamed as he used the swings momentum from his own attack to glide back to the ground twenty feet away from Bloodaxe.” I don’t think the word swings has a place in that statement. It makes the statement not make sense, to me. I had to re-read it and notice that ’swings’ didn’t need to be there. Very nice combination attack, though. Barely giving the opponent enough room to counter/evade. Again, no docks because grammar isn’t graded.

Darkvivi - Post #2 - Alright then. Quick dispatch of the NPC creatures that came at him in multiple directions. To be expected, simply because they were NPCs. Could have at least made it a bit more spectacular though. I also always thought Fire is super effective against zombies/undead. I mean.. it’s fire. It’s always been their weak spot. Oh well, things aren’t always the same I guess. And the random appearance of NPCs just to die was alright I guess, but it could have done without it to keep the flow going. But what is this? Oh no, minor god moding. Dialogue aside, there is slight action of Ryuuji’s character on vivi’s behalf. Kind of out of character as well. If it was in character it would have been fine. A mark taken off of flow for that.

Ryuujin - Post #3 - Huh? What’s this? The NPC creatures that were destroyed have come back to life? What matter of god moding is this? They’re NPCs, vivi has the right to slay them. Ryuujin did a swift god mod reply and lost marks because of it. They died, they stay dead. That opening broke all good flow in the battle. Now I wonder what’s going to happen now? Ooh. Slight tense shifting. “he quickly reacting” should be reacted. And yet more typos to be held. Christ man, can’t you revise your posts? Read them out loud to yourself after you finish them. Another combination attack. The same one as last time, really, except bigger. How cliche. Phew. So many attacks at once. It was so hard to keep track of what was going on because so much was going on at once. Theoretically as time passes, some of those starting attacks should have landed while one or two were still being performed. Lovely.

Darkvivi - Post #3 - Very nicely done, working around the many attack combinations. Getting hit by a few of them and working your actions into what has already been set by Ryuujin. As I had already stated, Ryuujin has heavily modded by bringing back his NPC creatures. So far it looks like vivi has the upper hand. Death and Decay, eh? Seems like a finishing technique. The area is soon to be destroyed yet the battle carries on. Interesting how your character notes that it should end quickly.

Ryuujin - Post #4 - …Okay. Wow. That was a handful. A transformation into a new form. I like to call it becoming a “super saiyajin.” And then his sword changes and it can now talk. I guess this is part of the unknown abilities described in his profile. Go figure. This whole fight has just come to a screeching halt because of this post. The end attack seems interesting enough, though. Still a few typos here and there. Really need to learn to self-edit. Though I’m going to dock a lot of marks because of the halt of flow and partial confusion of where the talking sword ability came from. If your weapons/armor have abilities, please state them fully and don’t gimp on them with the “unknown” clause. It’s really lazy to do so. Not to mention there was heavy god moding going on. Not in this particular post, but in general. Yes, even god moding in an overpowered war atmosphere. There is such a thing, seeing as normal god moding rules still apply, if you look at the Rules thread. The only special notes are summoning/transformations, minor healing, and super attacking (not dodging. super dodging is STILL not allowed).

Darkvivi - Post #4 - Pretty simple post. Uses an undead loophole. (Rather uncreative if you ask me.) And hacks away like the berserker he is. How amazingly simple and predictable. Not much to say on this post. Nothing wrong with it besides the overused undead clause, is what I would say if creativity wasn’t a factor, but it is. So a dock for creativity. Not that it matters particularly, since Vivi wins by default at this point.

Ryuujin - Post #5 - Final post of the bout. About time, too. Talking baby dragon at the end of the post. I don’t recall that being on the profile, but hey. It counts as an NPC anyway. Or a type of summon, I suppose. A point blank attack towards vivi’s character. Now, if he were as fast as Goku or The Flash, I could see him dodging it. Or even using some sort of shield. Though it would have been interesting to see how vivi would have handled that attack. The baby dragon was really not needed at all, I think. It broke what flow the battle regained. So, in the end, Ryuuji got another dock for flow and continuity.

I have to say that overall, the round goes to Vivi. Not only because of Ryuujin’s blatant god moding, but because he handled his character the best and stuck with whatever Ryuujin had to throw at him. Ryuujin was alright in the beginning, but the add up of all the docked points, not to mention the god moding, he lost. But that’s just my opinion though. As far as general writing goes, Ryuujin is better, but Vivi is new, so he’ll get better with more experience; and with the excessive typos, their skill about evens out in my opinion. The god moding is really what ruined it for Ryuujin. So take this advice, and when some of your NPCs die, they stay dead. Don’t bring them back to life. That’s considered god moding. They’re NPCs; your opponent has the right to slay them if they so desire, even if they have the same type of armor you. And besides, your armor is just as bad as Nin’s impromptu protection mask against Lucid’s character.

Natural Disaster - Sir Kenneth vs Nekoness

Nekoness - Post #1 - Well. Not much to be said on ways of errors, but it was cute. Character wasn’t dressed for battle at all, and was instead dressed with a random anime t-shirt with yellow skirt and shoes. It’s an intro, but had more of an RP feel. Most intros do have some sort of RP in them, but this was more than others. Her whole presence after her opponent appeared was cute as well. She practically said “I don’t like how you smell, go away.” I don’t think a battle is supposed to be cute, but I can’t help feeling like this.

Kenneth - Post #1 - Very nice. The atmosphere he created from his character seemed rather tranquil for a moment as if his character were almost taken in by nature. Though soon he was brought back to reality and resumed his business. This felt more like a post ready for battle. Not deducting any points from Neko or anything, this post just feels more natural.

Nekoness - Post #2 - Again, nothing wrong with the post at all. Very easy to read, and I loved the slowly changing atmosphere around the girl. Still no fighting though. Yet another warning for the opponent to leave. …I see that you’re a defensive fighter and want him to attack first. That’s fine.

Kenneth - Post #2 - Slight typo at the end, but otherwise very good and the launch of the battle! About time! Perfect thought process of not standing there anymore. Although, she’s standing ON the water. So I’m not too sure about how you’re charging at her like that. You can’t walk on water, you know. Only she can. So, mark off for continuity/precision.

Nekoness - Post #3 - A giant lollipop as the weapon of choice. Things are really heatin’ up now, as Jim Ross would say. Now I’ve seen everything. Even though it’s a lollipop, it’s used as a type of a hammer. To be expected. Now Neko is really heating up the action, easily making up for the slight delay in the previous post. Liked the comparison to a tornado, too. Awfully big order for an awfully small girl. Let’s see how she can handle such a brute.

Kenneth - Post #3 - A missed word in a statement. And two sloppy pre-emptive returns on your paragraphs left unfixed. Though yet another well thought out post. And ended it with a head butt toward her. So unexpected! I can tell right now, that even though this is just halfway, the rest of the battle will prove to be very entertaining. I love the flow of the battle. This will be very close indeed. Although your character stumbled a little, and even fell on his ass. …Ages of battle experience and he has no balance? Come now. And not even an acknowledgment to your broken ribs? No flinch or slight grab? Come on, he’s not superman. A slight wince would have sufficed for me, but nothing.

Nekoness - Post #4 - Major pain dealt to the character and summons a flock of doves. Though now I notice a few grammatical errors. And what a creative new attack, yet also.. not very pretty. Bird crap? Original, yet.. gross. Nothing to degrade so far.

Kenneth - Post #4 - Possession is always an interesting thing to do during a fight. I wonder what’s going to happen to him now that all rational thought has gone out the window. Though at least you acknowledged the pain this time. Though when you became berserker, that went out the window. And no amazing techniques this time. Somewhat disappointing, but then again you did become a berserker. But even berserkers do techniques every now and again.

Nekoness - Post #5 - I got the impression from an earlier post that she could hardly move. Yet here she is dodging and parrying like she wasn’t injured to begin with. At least she’s panting from the pain, though. And there was no appearance change when Gaap possessed Gunthrum. He still looks the same except for the eyes. Still have Hawk Eye and Rust to use.

Kenneth - Post #5 - Staying alive for hours is excessive and not believable. Minutes, yes. Hours? No need. Mark off on creativity. Yet again with the shitty balance, though more believable because of the honey. And then the ever so typical signature BOD Area of Effect spell, Rot. …Lovely. Every BOD member has this spell, it seems.

Nekoness - Post #6 - Okay. In Anomaly’s description, there is no statue mentioned whatsoever. Lovely little plot device we have going there, pulled out of nowhere. Mark off for Precision. And now the sculpture lives through Natu’s magic. How convenient for your character. Not mentioned in your profile at all, so I assume it’s freestyle and impromptu. You’re just lucky you had her make a huge statue that didn’t have a major shift in battle. Only a minor one, which is fine. If it would have been more, you would be penalized deeply. Though I still have to mark off for flow, because I had to ask myself where this came from, and what real purpose it had in the battle. It stopped what fluidity the battle had.

Kenneth - Post #6 - What are you hindered by? There’s nothing to hinder you. The statue is just an obstacle to walk around. (Odd, I know. But work with it. It’s not hurting you.) No marks off for this post.

Okay, two marks each. Which makes it a draw... Is what I would say, if Kenneth hadn’t edited his last post at 16 minutes. The rule is 15. So, with that... Neko wins.

Waste of Time - Akira vs Paradoxical Prophet

Akira - Post #1 - Near the end there is a slight tense change going from the constant past to the present. ‘Eyeing’ should have been ‘Eyed’. Typical taunt speech. Nice handle on preparing to use your surroundings. I like that in a battle. Let’s see if they’re actually used or not.

Prophet - Post #1 - Sound introduction as you laid your character’s presence in the scene. However, I noticed a small amount of tense shifting. ’standing’ should be ’stood’, ‘gazing’ should be ‘gazed’. I think that about covers it for tense shifting or anything else relating to grammar. I never seem to find any spelling errors in this battle yet.

Akira - Post #2 - Aw snap, he pulled out the false sense of surrender! I loved the jam packed action in this post. It was the first time I had to read it a second time to look for errors that I was absorbed into it. If the rest of the battle is like this, this will truly be very difficult for me. On the account of errors, though, I didn’t really see any at all. The metaphors were nice.

Prophet - Post #2 - Oooh. Celerity. That was a new word for me. Honestly from what it looks like, neither of you have any errors that I can really mark off, so this is truly the most difficult fight for me to judge so far. There HAS to be something somewhere.

Akira - Post #3 - Very original. And I use that term sarcastically. What was first a barren desert wasteland, is now the Shadow Realm®, and some creepy effects add in to the mood of darkness. DEM EYES R CREEPY. Hmm.. mark off on the creativity criteria or not? Hmm. The Shadow Realm is pretty old and worn, yet people use it. Although you don’t watch Yugioh, so it may be kinda new to you. Eh… I’ll let it slide.

Prophet - Post #3 - Things indeed just get interesting. I love the fluid movement when you spun to counter him. Fighting in the dark is fun, hm? Infinitesimal. Another new vocabulary word for me. Whee~

Akira - Post #4 - Very detailed description of being cut in half. Bloody to the max. And then it turns out it was a Shadow Clone. Arrows are fired from some unknown direction, and a minor punctuation error. ‘god’s’ should have been ‘gods’. =P

Prophet - Post #4 - Contrary to the OOC double post, I understood everything from the first go. The people who didn’t are utter idiots, thank you very much. =D But I digress. I like what you did there. Time manipulation is something that’s very interesting to me. That’s why I like this battle a lot.

Akira - Post #5 - Oh joy. Another possession. Seems to be a trademark transformation with the Brotherhood. Though I have to say this one is the coolest one of them all. The beast sounds really… evil looking. Fitting for a boss-type monster in an RPG or something. I actually want to see a drawing of what it looks like. Not only that, but also creating a rainstorm attack. What a handful for Prophet. Although I have slight issues with the taking of the attacks. First time, you were immune. Second time, it wasn’t really you. This time, it indeed hit you and you -died-, yet it didn’t really matter in the end because you turned into a super beast. Kind of makes the last one moot, doesn’t it? For once I’d like to see someone take an attack and keep fighting normally while dealing with a wound. That seems more entertaining than brushing them off all the time. But other than that, the post was really interesting and well written. I got kind of thrown for a loop for a while until I found out that you didn’t actually die, you pulled off your release.

I also suppose you didn’t know that taking wounds and nullifying them is another form of super dodging, which, by the rules, is still not allowed. Don’t worry, Prophet’s been doing that too. Everybody has. Literally. ..Except for Neko.

Prophet - Post #6 - Wow. Amazing. The first to take any real damage at all and not write it off completely. I appreciate that you left some for minor inconveniences. I also liked the spirit magic and how he was able to parry the attacks for a while. I wonder what’s going to happen now.

Akira - Post #7 - More mayhem in the tranquil area. And I just got this thought right now. The monster reminds me of Night Terror from Soul Calibur III, and the sword reminds me a lot of the Soul Edge. XD You know, the need for souls and what not. Haha. I thought that was amusing. Let’s see what happens with the tornado.

Prophet - Post #7 - Oooh, sharp hail. Very nice. I also enjoyed the exorcist aspect of needing to keep the balance. The battle gets more intense as I read on.

Akira - Post #8 - Three attacks at once. And then another semi write-off of injuries. It’s getting kind of old, but at least there are injuries to deal with.

Prophet - Post #8 - Oop. Straight away, grammar error. ‘Prophet’ should have been ‘Prophet’s’. =P Ah, turmoil. Something I rarely see in a battle. Very interesting. I kind of want to see what goes on later.

As a note, Judges are readers too, so if you put on a show for readers, to make them think you are dead… then oh my, we have a problem, don’t we? Yes, now you see where I am coming from.

Wow. I look back at the battle and realize that Prophet’s first post had foreshadowing in it. Wow. That’s just amazing. Oh yeah, apparently you’re good at Japanese? If so, help me! But anyway.. I honestly couldn’t find any errors whatsoever in the criteria for both of you. Except for the minor flow one for Akira, and possibly creativity if I was a nazi.

After much inner turmoil against myself, I decided to take a mark off of Akira for flow, because of his showy death. He meant well, and it was entertaining, but giving the type of person I am, being kind of slow, it threw me for a loop, as I had said earlier. So there you go. This was a very hard fight to judge. But the very important point is that Akira did in fact write off a lot of his injuries that he has taken in the whole course of the battle. Allow me to explain. And if I am wrong, please feel free to clarify.

1. First attack - He was immune.
    2. Second attack - It wasn’t really him. It was a shadow clone.
    3. Third attack - Oh my god he died, but he became Night Terror in the process. Begin Jin vs Prophet, because Akira lost because he died.
    4. Fourth Attack - Severely injuried, but tentacles reattached the torn pieces. Typical monster behavior. At least there are remnants of injury. Better than nothing at all.

I have to say though, Prophet was the same way. Except he didn’t take any at all until very late in the battle. And then he healed a majority of it to scrapes and bruises. Though at least that was a limit break. So that goes without saying.

So…. without further ado, in the most anti-climactic way possible.... Prophet wins.

Minds Inflamed - Nin vs Lucid

Okay. First off, when I first read this battle, it was confusing beyond words. I’ll just try my best to interpret what the hell is going on between these two warriors.

Nin - Post #1 - Run-on sentence. Another run-on sentence that could have used one less comma. Or even be broken into two sentences. A lot of comma usage. Excess, even. And another run-on. Geez, what’s with you man? So far I sense unnecessarily long posts and needlessly complex writing. If I can’t understand what the heck you’re writing, there’s a problem. Not being readable is kind of a no-no in writing. You have to go under the assumption that the average reader is kind of slow, yet at the same time, smart, for the most part. Sounds kind of oxymoronic, but it’s true. You’re basically sounding really technological and writing a thesis. Not good. And okay, you turn your brain on and off several times to connect with different versions of yourself, to get the info you need. …News flash, those other yous don’t have that information. because they are you. How would they know? Sounds like awfully like a plot device/hole to use OOC knowledge. Congratulations. You officially modded. Moving on.

Lucid - Post #1 - Ah, refreshing. Not as long winded as Nin’s earlier post, and much easier to understand what’s going on. Hmm.. Nin modded because you wanted him to. How convenient for him. I’m still docking it off though. Split personalities are fun to read. Very amusing. I like this post. Don’t think you needed two colors though. Could have just kept red for the demon, and normal for Lucid. No errors or anything of the sort. Flowed nicely all throughout. You’re in the lead.

Nin - Post #2 - Wow. Again, overly descriptive and complex. “Lucids words coursed fluidly into his auditory cortex, intermittently, syllable by syllable at a time.” Missing an apostrophe, but also being overly complicated with your vocabulary. “Lucid’s words coursed through his ears, syllable by syllable.” same meaning, less complicated, and a lot easier to read. So far, your vocabulary and descriptions are breaking the flow, more than helping you. You should have written normally, instead of trying to put on a show or overcompensate. You’re trying too hard and hurting yourself. Wow, you made the techies come out. …How out of character for them. They’re techies, they stay inside and check on things. Please keep things in character next time, thank you. And while I’m at it. What is the point of the multiple variations of you? They have nothing to do with this battle. It makes things needlessly complex. Please don’t do that again. They really have no purpose at all. Wow, that mask seems to be awfully convenient, don’t you think? The mask itself sounds like a plot device. And also, if you read Lucid’s post clearly, you would have known that he did not enter your mind whatsoever. He merely modified/altered the data of which you were trying to hack into. That’s all. No mind entering at all. Things are not looking good for you.

Lucid - Post #2 - I liked the winter atmosphere of the new scene. It feels kind of tranquil yet has a notion for battle. Nothing erroneous to account for, though.

And just so we’re clear on this. The barrier is very much real. Let’s get that straight.

Nin - Post #3 - Okay. So apparently you think that Lucid restored the gate. ….No. That was Kraai. They have two separate brains. Lucid’s is on a high, sure, but not Kraai’s. Pay attention. Learn some more literary comprehension and read things carefully. It’s kind of offensive to not pay attention to what someone writes. But I digress.

“What’s this…? What “barrier” was he speaking about?’ Nin questioned; remembering the pillars words which he had earlier disregarded as more fantasy.

‘He’s drawing what energy remains of the gate, manipulating the surrounding area with some sort of illusionary environment. Because of your psychokinetic defences you don’t see it, and it can’t affect your mind. But you can still sense its quantum effects’. Chronos explained, adopting an expression of seriousness. Nin felt the sudden urge to draw his blade and rent the pillar of minds little fantasy apart.

‘No… not yet,’ reasoned Chronos. ‘Play along with his games Nin, let him think he is in control, just for the moment. Then destroy him, but not before we have some fun with him first,’ he concluded; his tone sadistic.

Nin’s lips betrayed the hint of a small smile.”

What’s this? You seem to think an actual barrier is an illusion meant to distort your mind? I don’t think so, dude. Come on, get real here. It’s not some kind of fantasy. If anything, you’re in the fantasy of your own denial of what’s happening around you. Seriously. You’re losing my respect here, sir. I hope you can gain it back somehow. Fairytale is one word, not two. And you spelt tail wrong. Come on now. These are not illusions, man. Get your character out of its denial already.

Lucid - Post #3 - Nice icicle attack. I wonder if Nin will accept its solidity as a real object. Because… it is, you know. Again, no errors on your part. At least none that I could detect.

Nin - Post #4 - Willfully increasing your reflexes. What’s next? Come on, have normal combat for a change. It’s not really entertaining you know. Oh come now… You have a gaping hole in one of your hands and you say “Child’s Play”? Seriously. Tore out your fear inducing thing in your brain, how convenient for you. And now you healed your wound. Lovely. Does no one want to take damage at all in this war? Seriously.

Lucid - Post #4 - Pyrotechnics. A bit of insanity. The demon showing some cool. Usually that’s the other way around. I like it. It’s unique. Also took a tumble from the impact. Some injury! finally! “Had been standing” could have been shortened to “stood”, but both work, I suppose.

Nin - Post #5 - Half-transformation! …Into.. something that looks kind of ugly. And also what’s with the excessive scientific metaphors and descriptions.

His body was remarkable adhesive, employing a multilayered dermal structure that was comprised largely of keratin and other proteins – very similar to byssus – with internal cysts containing a viscose organic liquid and astounding thermal capacity, providing Nin with the utilization of a structural bio-stabilizing protein formed in a hyper-stable fluorinated collagen variant.

So, when I first read this, I got the adhesive part, but reading everything else kind of boggled and fogged my mind, and so I ended up with “…So.. he’s.. giddy like a schoolgirl, what?” Seriously. Can you please in the future, type in laymen’s terms? Making everybody confused doesn’t help you. It hurts you. x_X

Lucid - Post #5 - Final post of the battle. Aww, it ended just when it was getting good. Katars were whipped out and the nightmare had just begun. What a pity. Foreplay had just ended into the main event, only to stop. Boo. Slight error.

I’m sorry, but Lucid is totally winning this on the account of Nin’s early on lack of comprehension in what was going on, and having his character in denial of what was really happening. And also for being overly complex with his scientific descriptions. Sure, some may argue that I shouldn’t mark for that. But I take the average reader in mind. And I don’t think they’ll be able to really understand what it is that you are writing, for the most part. Some may. Some may not. Prodigal Madness did, I did not somewhat. So there you go. And also, obviously not counting the run-ons and whatnot, part of the judging rules dictate that description/spelling/grammar isn’t graded upon fully, but as Cesar says, if I can’t understand it, then it’s hurting your score.

So, now we get to the big finale. Toromor vs Anomaly. I hear it is quite an epic battle. Let me see for myself. So without further ado:

Requiem for the Wicked - Toromor vs Anomaly

Anomaly - Post #1 - Nothing wrong.

Toromor - Post #1 - Nothing wrong.

Anomaly - Post #2 - Nothing wrong.

Toromor - Post #2 - Nothing wrong.

Anomaly - Post #3 - Nice comeback, but I would think someone’s weapon is apart of them, so would it not be up to the user to accept if the weapon becomes disabled? At least that’s how it’s always been for me. A weapon is an extension of someone’s own person. And from confirmation that you and Toro had no contact during the battle, that confirms my suspicions. Docked marks for modding.

Toromor - Post #3 - Nothing wrong.

Anomaly - Post #4 - Nothing wrong. Very exciting though.

Toromor - Post #4 - Unlike your comrades, you took a few wounds and went with it, and acknowledged the pain. They just went “Haha, i’ve had worse, this is NOTHING!”

Anomaly - Post #5 - Oh, I’m sorry. You used your limit a post too early. Rules state that you have to wait until five posts are made between both combatants. So far there have only been four. I think you miscounted. Big marks off for this. More modding? You didn’t attempt to pull his balance away? You just did it? I’m sorry, that’s against the rules. As the rules state, normal god-moding rules still apply, except for summoning/transforming, minor healing, and limit breaks. You still cannot force things upon an opponent. Maybe it’s just your wording, regardless, it hurt you.

Toromor - Post #5 - Nothing wrong. Though you have no limit breaks listed, so I don’t know what is one or not. I assume you have none.

Anomaly - Post #6 - Wow. Talk about over the top. You not only take the cake, but the entire city block. You transform too quickly, even for an RPG boss. You take one hit, and do a limit break too early, and take another hit RIGHT after, and do this. Either character has very weak endurance and very low hit points, or… yeah. I’ll leave it at that. I’ll just say that I would have been more entertained, if you worked through your list of abilities, instead of jumping the gun. ….Yeah. very very, over the top, I’d like to emphasize that. Hoo boy.. at the end of the battle, I have a little quip to go along with this post of yours. Hopefully you’ll get the point.

Toromor - Post #6 - ..I have to actually say something here. Wow. Just wow, in feeling like breaking the fourth wall. You made it seem like the whole thing could possibly be unreal, and never taken place, or is a fictional story. My mind is blown away at this point. Well done.

Anomaly - Post #7 - …Yet even more trippiness. My mind is utterly blown, still. These last two posts aren’t even a battle. Just a psychotic warp to the reader. It’s like wow. It’s so obvious that these two posts alone are more confusing than the whole entire battle.

Whew… this was a handful. I label this battle akin to Evangelion. Or perhaps End of Evangelion. That’s how trippy this was. I actually have to commend you two for writing something so unique, yet never even have any contact whatsoever. Although you show a lot of care for your comrades, Anomaly. =P

Allow me to include this quip as an example of something I hope you will understand:

“Okay, we destroyed everything. Now what? Shall we have some tea and crumpets?”
    “…We destroy everything again!”
    “…there’s nothing to destroy.”
    “….Lets play parcheesi.”
    “that was destroyed in your wonderous plan to destroy the universe.”
    “….Um… Go fish?”
    “No, sorry.”
    “We don’t even have a deck of cards?”
    “Nope. we destroyed everything.”
    “….What’s there left to do, then?”
    “Um.. good question. Perhaps we can, um…no.. can’t do that either.. er.. How about thumb wars?”
    “Bah! My thumbs got cut off in that bloody war”
    “Righto. I don’t even have my arms”

I’ll delve deeper into my comments if you want me to. Just let me know.

Oh, right, right.. in all my mind blown state, I forgot to say who won.
    Toromor wins this, but only because Anomaly did a limit break earlier than he was supposed to, and because his speedy transformation wasn't as entertaining as it could have been if he had (i said this already) worked through his abilities instead. But to each their own. Though, it is kind of cheating, but hey.. whatever.

And hey, he pulled an Akira! What a coincidence, no?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    The Masters WIN

Though it was very, very, very, very, very, very, close. If I hadn't taken that one mark off of Akira, this would be a draw. That's how formidable you guys are. Please, do not throw things at me.

I did my utter best, and went along with the stated rules to the very point that I could. So there you go. That's all, folks!

Unless you rather I don't take the mark off of Akira and have the match be a draw, and we do some sort of tie-breaker sudden death battle of DOOM!
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-20-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Zephyr's Avatar
    I can't believe I didn't pick up on those grammatical errors. Gah!

Akira; we need to dicuss certain things about my next post. I'll be writing it up soon, and you'll want to check over it, as, well, let's just say it's not in Prophet's character to kill people if he can avoid it.

To those who won their fights; congratulations. To lost that lost; you fought with honour, and will be remembered with respect.

To all; a good game. You have been most honourable allies/foes.

Blog Entries
    Edit: Fuck it! You know what?

This damn thing has been going on for 7 whole damn months. Instead of drama dragging its carcass about the rocky gravel, I'm just going to not bother and keep my original big sized results. Screw the tiebreaker. Screw my faulty results. Just deal with it, people. I only just assume that both parties just want this done and over with. So there you have it. No more tie. No more draw.

If Psiko wants to, he will give a second opinion on this whole thing. If he doesn't want to, tough noogies.

I know I missed some things here and there. I know I misinterpreted some things. I'm not perfect. I've never said that I'm awesome at judging. Though to begin with, I should have said that I've never had any experience. But I suppose you know that all too well, as of now.

*Sigh* Seriously, I just want this thing done. I want to go back to my regular duties.
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-21-2008 at 04:11 PM.

After following all this drama, I have finally made up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
    ...I'm not even sure I care what the results are anymore, since they keep changing...
    The same here.

Obviously, the judging was disappointing for everyone. I'm not criticising you Toph, you surely did your best and I am very thankful that you put that much effort in the case.

Personally, I am deeply disappointed, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that we should have lost. We (the BoD) do not deserve a defeat. I would have had a hard time with the following draw either but I could have accepted it. What I cannot, under no circumstances, accept is that the whole Brotherhood shall be thrown into utter disaster because of a flawed, seemingly random and constantly changing verdict full of uncertainties. Still, no offense to you Toph. I'm just stating the facts.

I made it clear that I would accept the verdict, whatever it may bring. But I can't accept this forth and back as a verdict. I am under no circumstances willing to let the fate of the whole Brotherhood be decided in such a way. My apologies go to all the participants, all this drama is dishonorable and in no way worthy of the great battle that we had. I would be honored to accept defeat from you if it was in a regular manner. But this way, I just cannot.

After much pondering, I came to the conclusion that both sides could mutually declare it an overall draw. Kenneth vs Nekoness goes to Neko and Prophet vs Akira remains a draw. That would save us from tie-breakers (which would inherit the judgement problems) and bring this drama to a quick end.

I hope you understand my decision. It was not an easy one.

Blog Entries
    Nobody deserves defeat, really, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
    And it only went back in forth, because a certain someone complained.

I'm honestly really sorry for my crappy job, and unless you want the war to be re-judged by someone else, the verdict stays. (I did inquire Psiko to see if he could give a second opinion on this, but i can easily say "nevermind")

Because you are well aware that your draw idea pretty much makes all these 7 months wasted on this war null and void. Same with my time going through all of this. Honestly that's not very nice. I mean it's a good idea, don't get me wrong...

It just feels like all this time has been wasted for nothing.

Permanently banned Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A darkViVi's Avatar
    Thanks Toph, do not misunderstand us and think we are ungrateful. You did what LC failed to do. We are after all bastards.

This defeat... thing.. It is very new to us... *throws victory champagne bottle out the window after drinking it*

We can never accept.

FOR DOOMHAMMER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Bei Fong View Post
    Nobody deserves defeat, really, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
    Let me be more specific: a defeat of the Brotherhood is unrightful and totally out of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Toph
    And it only went back in forth, because a certain someone complained.
    You just cannot say at one time, it's a draw and at another time, it's a defeat. That is totally unacceptable. It's impossible for me to accept the verdict under these circumstances. I will never let the whole Brotherhood go down the toilet on the basis of this. Would you if you were me?

To be brief, I'm completely fed up with this drama. Thus, an agreement with the Masters about a draw seems a better solution to me. If the Masters agree, of course.

Otherwise, I demand a re-judging.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by one participant
    With this sort of conclusion victory/defeat means shit to me to be honest. No matter which one of us had come out on top, it would not have felt like a proper victory anyway. Perhaps one day a rematch will be in order where we can truly get the victory we want and deserve.
    Last edited by ToroMor; 02-21-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Synthesized Ascension Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Zardoch's Avatar
    Let me be more specific: a defeat of the Brotherhood is unrightful and totally out of the line.
    That is irrelevant. Your pride means nothing despite my respect for you, Toro.

You just cannot say at one time, it's a draw and at another time, it's a defeat. That is totally unacceptable. It's impossible for me to accept the verdict under these circumstances. I will never let the whole Brotherhood go down the toilet on the basis of this. Would you if you were me?
    I can sympathize with this. For a judge to be uncertain and go back and forth with verdicts can be absurd. If I were you, I'd indeed ask for another judge.

To be brief, I'm completely fed up with this drama. Thus, an agreement with the Masters about a draw seems a better solution to me. If the Masters agree, of course.
    We all are tired of it. Whether or not we'll agree to a draw, however, is another matter.

Otherwise, I demand a re-judging.
    Fortunate for you, I would have to agree to this. It's not my say to agree to this, but if anything it was obvious this was the first time Toph has done anything like this so problems were bound to arise. I would not mind another judge going through this even though everybody is sick of waiting and wants this to be over.

Now, this will be up to Anomaly so speak with him about it, Toro. Otherwise we'll accept this verdict to be final. Longer we must wait. -sigh-
    Last edited by Zardoch; 02-21-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    The whole thing or just the two controversial matches?

I'd say only the two controversial matches. But I would also agree to re-judge the whole war.

EDIT: can someone inform Anomaly? It's 2:45 am here and I'm terribly tired.
    Last edited by ToroMor; 02-21-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Magically Delicous Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Merlin's Avatar
    Poor Toph, getting attacked from all angles. Hey, I could judge the controversial ones if you want. I have done my fair share of judging with RPs in my days. I'm completely impartial to the matter, since I really don't know any of you... lol!

Anyways, its up to you all. Just keep in mind, I am not an easygoing judge. I've had to help prepare teams for RPJam after all, and the judging there was extremely detailed to put it nicely. ^_^

This is my sin... Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Lucid's Avatar
    Unfortunately, Anomaly's at work so he won't be able to give his opinion on this subject until much later.

It's 12:46AM here. I just got home about fifteen minutes ago, time enough to check my mail, kiss the wife, and get my bastard computer started up.

Aside from that, I've had the entirety of a drudgery filled day to contmplate the current situation we seem to find ourselves in. I've been able to read a few posts, and draw a few conclusions. I do however have a few questions.

First off, ToroMor, where are the BOD's balls? I'm well aware not all of your members possess a pair, however I had previously attributed this to them being female, not honorless cowards. When going to war, one must be prepared to meet ones own demise. That you find even the prospect of your destruction so unthinkable is completely laughable in the face of the realities of war. Remember, when we first set out, we wanted to make this battle as like a real war as was possible in the parameters of an RPB.

Another thing I set out from the beginning was that I wanted LocoColt to judge this affair. You wanted Toph. (or have you forgotton?) We were able to get you to settle on Colt, but when he didn't rise to the occasion we were both left in limbo for a third of a year. Like a lot of wars, the real winners and losers don't seem to be judged until LONG after the fact.

Yet we have a decision set down on us, all the same. A decision that I thought was a death nell for the Masters, namely the changing of the judge to your original selection. You see, I thought Toph would rule in your favor, not because of any specific allegence to you, but because when I first established The Masters on this forum she was dead set against our formation and later tried to shut us down for inactivity and a scarcity of our members.

This should have played into your hands. I should've protested as soon as she was selected to judge by the administration.

I didn't however. I didn't for the same damn reason that you didn't raise a fuss when Mage was pretending to be mister assistant. Because you and I both WANT THIS OVER. It was great that we fought to the end, but this war is meaningless if it does not REACH that damnabley elusive conclusion. So I counted down the days to my death, and my death has come.

You get to kill me ToroMor. you get to rip me to tiny shred, or whatever else you feel is a fitting end to my current incarnation. (though I hope you can come up with something more creative than your patheticaly pointless semi-annual Ragnaroks)

But one way or another, I get to write the Brotherhoods death certificate.

I will not accept any other ruling than the first ruling, no matter how ill advised you think it is. Bringing in another judge at this point would only further prolong this debacle, disrespect the adminstrations decisions, and bring into question ANY resulting judgement that might follow this one.

This is my decision on the matter.

If you want to negotiate for a Draw, you can contact me via PM instead of thundering around in this thread and trying to get my attention. This way, I'll actually get a little pop up that tells me you'd like to talk.
    Last edited by Anomaly; 02-22-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Did you just say "cheesy jeans"? Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Bryan 2.0's Avatar
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...right now. Anomaly, I respect your skills and leadership qualities. I've wanted to engage in battle with you ever since I noticed these qualities. Unfortunately, in this war, I was unable to participate due to things going on in my every day life preventing me from having the time to take part.

At one point, I told myself that I was finished with RPB's. I've stayed in the shadows for this entire battle, unable to participate.

It appears now that this entire war has resulted in confusion and an unclear result. I am not happy with this and I haven't voiced it until now. I want this done properly, with clear results.

There was nothing that could bring me from my decision to no longer RPB. However, your recent post has changed that entirely, Anomaly. I now have the time and thanks to you, I now have the motivation.

So shall we try this again? One final battle. You and your best against Toromor and myself. The winning team determines the outcome of this war. It will be easy to judge and the results would be quick. I respect you, yet, I would give anything to battle you. Just you and I. If I can't do that, allow me to slay your best, your strongest.

My hands literally begin to tingle with the thought of you and I battling to the death, though, due to my rank (which I respect), it is not my position to do such a thing.

There are members of your camp that I do respect (albeit a small number), however. I must make this clear. Shelus is at the top of this list. I haven't spoken with him in quite sometime, but I will never forget his skill. He should be commended for that.

As I said before, I WILL NOT let our club be destroyed on the basis of this absurdity and nothing will change my stance. Everyone seems to understand that besides you, Anomaly. You even start throwing dirt at us? That's what I call dishonorable. But in respect to our glorious fight, I will restrain from throwing back. There is nothing to negotiate. Either you accept the proposal for a draw or you do not.

If we don't agree with the Masters about a draw or a re-judging, I will object any actions against the Brotherhood. The staff would have to shut us down against our will.

EDIT: Btw, we both wanted LocoColt. I never wanted Toph as a judge.
    EDITx2: Merlin, thank you for your proposal. I would really appreciate if you could re-judge the controversial fights. But as of now, it seems like we can't agree on that. If we would get a _real_ verdict that would state our defeat, I would instantly accept it.
    Last edited by ToroMor; 02-22-2008 at 05:22 AM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...right now. Anomaly, I respect your skills and leadership qualities. I've wanted to engage in battle with you ever since I noticed these qualities. Unfortunately, in this war, I was unable to participate due to things going on in my every day life preventing me from having the time to take part.

At one point, I told myself that I was finished with RPB's. I've stayed in the shadows for this entire battle, unable to participate.

It appears now that this entire war has resulted in confusion and an unclear result. I am not happy with this and I haven't voiced it until now. I want this done properly, with clear results.

There was nothing that could bring me from my decision to no longer RPB. However, your recent post has changed that entirely, Anomaly. I now have the time and thanks to you, I now have the motivation.

So shall we try this again? One final battle. You and your best against Toromor and myself. The winning team determines the outcome of this war. It will be easy to judge and the results would be quick. I respect you, yet, I would give anything to battle you. Just you and I. If I can't do that, allow me to slay your best, your strongest.

My hands literally begin to tingle with the thought of you and I battling to the death, though, due to my rank (which I respect), it is not my position to do such a thing.

There are members of your camp that I do respect (albeit a small number), however. I must make this clear. Shelus is at the top of this list. I haven't spoken with him in quite sometime, but I will never forget his skill. He should be commended for that.
    You had two chances for this already. One you ignored, and the other you walked out on. No, as much as it pisses me off not to be the one to put you and your leader to rest, it would be unfair to my Masters to toss away this judgement for a chance at vain glory. (though an extremely clever move on your part)

You want to fight me? You can do it to avenge the BOD after your club is destroyed. For now we operate on the parameters already agreed upon in the pre-war planning.

As I said before, I WILL NOT let our club be destroyed on the basis of this absurdity and nothing will change my stance. Everyone seems to understand that besides you, Anomaly. You even start throwing dirt at us? That's what I call dishonorable. But in respect to our glorious fight, I will restrain from throwing back. There is nothing to negotiate. Either you accept the proposal for a draw or you do not.
    Then I do not. I thought that was pretty clear. I do not accept a Draw.

Yes if I were in your position I would not accept defeat, but you throw dirt on yourself by acting as if you do not deserve defeat AT ALL. My Masters fought well and they won this war. No if anything it would be unfair to them to have their victory announced and then ripped away by your groups contemptious whining. If you don't want to negotiate for a Draw then I do not see where you're in a position to demand one, or anything else, and actually expect to recieve it. I have never given in to anyones demands.

If we don't agree with the Masters about a draw or a re-judging, I will object any actions against the Brotherhood. The staff would have to shut us down against our will.
    And you don't think our destruction would be against our will had we lost? Face it ToroMor, we both knew the risks we were taking going into this. We'd both be sore losers, no matter who lost or under what circumstances. Thats the kind of personalities we both have, and they are necissary to being an effective leader.
    Take your defeat with some pride...and come back, if you like, for your revenge.

EDIT: Btw, we both wanted LocoColt. I never wanted Toph as a judge.
    Perhaps not you specifically, but I remember when this was first boiling her name was the one your side first suggested. Though I apologize if this was not something handed down from your glorious self.

Merlin, thank you for your proposal. I would really appreciate if you could re-judge the controversial fights. But as of now, it seems like we can't agree on that. If we would get a _real_ verdict that would state our defeat, I would instantly accept it.
    Not a chance. I will not accept any further judgement on this battle and will ignore the results of any further such judgement.
    I didn't step in and say no to Toph and its led to all of this. I won't make the same mistake twice.
    Last edited by Anomaly; 02-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Did you just say "cheesy jeans"? Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Bryan 2.0's Avatar
    You had two chances for this already. One you ignored, and the other you walked out on. No, as much as it pisses me off not to be the one to put you and your leader to rest, it would be unfair to my Masters to toss away this judgement for a chance at vain glory. (though an extremely clever move on your part)

You want to fight me? You can do it to avenge the BOD after your club is destroyed. For now we operate on the parameters already agreed upon in the pre-war planning.
    If I must wait in order to take you on, one on one, then that will unfortunately be the case. However, the offer was made and it still stands. It is you who walked away from it this time.

Even if it means taking on each and every one of your Masters, if there was a chance to get to you, I would take it in a heartbeat.

I just want to stress one more thing: if I would remotely think that we would have been inferior in the battle, I would not hesitate to accept death for even a millisecond. Even in the face of an unrightful and false verdict. That's the truth, no politics. And - honestly - if the dice would have fallen into our favor (and it is a dice at best), I would have accepted the Masters' proposal for a draw, given the circumstances. Just a personal comment. Anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A verdict that has been altered forth and back cannot be accepted as final, or even a rightful verdict at all.

Thus, I officially appeal against this "verdict".

Since the Masters are not willing to accept a draw or a re-judgement, I have nothing more to say.
    Now it is up to the staff to solve the situation. Give us a rightful decision or shut us down.

Blog Entries
    I just want to stress one more thing: if I would remotely think that we would have been inferior in the battle, I would not hesitate to accept death for even a millisecond. Even in the face of an unrightful and false verdict.
    So.. what I understand is this: (And my god, what a huge ego of arrogance!)

Regardless of the verdict being rightful, true, false, unrightful, you would accept death.

Yet you label this as false and unrightful. Shouldn't you accept your loss then, from what you had just said? >_>;

I don't know if it's really just me, or the way the things are going on lately, but you seem to just not want to lose, at all.

From what I've read, you say you do not deserve to lose AT ALL, regardless of the type of verdict. At least that's the tone I get.

I mean, you admitted you don't even ponder the thought of your side losing.
    That's not honor.. that's just bigoted arrogance. And that disappoints me.

Sure, I know you're probably shocked that you lost to someone... it happens.
    But with the experience of loss, you gain strength.

(As Vivi had just said, BOD is not used to losing. Well, it would be very handy to become used to the experience, as it allows you to gain strength in your skills.)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

And another thing. This is not the staff's responsibility. We did not endorse this, nor did we start this. So don't bring us into this for a second time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously. You act as if I've changed things over 100 times, when in fact it was only once, and then I firmly decided to return to my original decision. That's all.

You're really throwing things way out of proportion, but that's just my take on this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    And, by going by your proposal, I will indeed go by the original verdict and shut down the club as agreed by the pre-war discussions.

"But wait! Just have Merlin re-judge the whole thing!"

...That is true. That could happen. However, this is just a repeat of what happened weeks ago. Except instead of no results, there are "bad" results. It saddens me that no one sees this except a few others.

So as a word of advice:

LET THIS END AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE O_O
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly. Just let this die. Do you have any clue how much respect I have lost for some of the BOD members by reading their battles? And even by post-actions? Akira, Toro and Bryan are really the only members left that I respect. But Toro's is lowering ever so slightly.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast