Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A

This is my sin... Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Lucid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
    Loco is in no position to judge our war. This is just bullshit, he should have told us that he is far too busy and can't give any verdicts. However, I agree with Anomaly, post those verdicts already done and we'll discuss it from there. If there is anything to discuss.
    Who do you think should judge it then? You?
    Learn some patience and shut up.

As always, don't forget to direct all your negative comments to me.
    I do enjoy reading all the colorful things you guys have written.
    That is all.
    Last edited by Lucid; 11-24-2007 at 12:54 AM.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A ToroMor's Avatar
    Two whole clubs are on standby for this. Hearing not a single word about the verdict for WEEKS is totally inacceptable.
    Loco, if you can give us a definite statement IF and WHEN the verdict will be finished, I'm willing to think about it.
    Otherwise, the deadline stays and I will start negotiations with Anomaly tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    If that's how you're going to act about it, then so be it.

Go ahead, find someone new, let it take even longer. Lay the BURDEN of eliminating an organization on someone else's shoulders. You think this is an easy decision? Fine. Find someone else who can be COMPLETELY fair about this.

It isn't my fault that this is the busiest time of the year for me.
    I'm not going to quit my job just so I can get a little more time on the internet.

I have every intention of finishing this, but if you think someone else is better suited, so be it. I'll toss everything I have and let someone else start from scratch.

I think our main beef here is that twice now you have told us that judgement would come within a couple of days and when that did not happen, we didn't get informed about it before inquiring about it in this very thread. We can be patient, but it would be nice with a definitive deadline or at the very least that you told us about any delays on your own accord.
    Last edited by Sir Kenneth; 11-24-2007 at 04:53 AM.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Nin`'s Avatar
    I seriously doubt Raikkonen was implying that he should judge our war.

Different people have differing limitations of patience and given that Argentos has already said, over eight days ago now that a verdict would come soon, and with no update in-between that time and before ToroMor prompted him, I can understand and empathize with those who are now getting annoyed.

But, and despite what happens now, I strongly suggest no more faux-deadlines. If you don't think, or just not sure whether or not you will be able to keep a certain deadline then do not suggest it; it will only raise temperatures higher if our hopes are left empty and you fail to meet it. That, for me at least, has been the most annoying element here.

It also doesn't help that our overloaded and plenipotentiary judge is acting solely alone here, but whether or not that can be helped at this stage is for ToroMor and Anomaly to perhaps talk over and decide.

One question I do have is when exactly can we expect to see our results, and I mean realistically.
    Last edited by Nin`; 11-24-2007 at 02:53 AM.

Permanently banned Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A darkViVi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Who do you think should judge it then? You?
    Learn some patience and shut up.

As always, don't forget to direct all your negative comments to me.
    I do enjoy reading all the colorful things you guys have written.
    That is all.
    Shut up, don't tell me what to do and if you don't have anything sensible to say.. Don't say anything, n00bcake.

Setting new deadlines isn't all that bad, we haven't complained the two times you did that already Loco but ignoring them is another matter and besides don't we deserve to be informed on delays and when you plan to post your verdicts?

I'm out of here, I'll watch our own forum for any further updates.
    Last edited by darkViVi; 11-24-2007 at 02:58 AM.

I speak on behalf of the whole Brotherhood of Doom when I say that all our club activities are delayed until this verdict is posted. What's worse, without a reliable schedule, we can not make any other plans because we never know if the verdict is cast today, tomorrow or in two months. We did not complain when the start of the war was endlessly postponed, we did not complain when we were forced to do the whole preparation by ourselves. We did not complain in all the WEEKS that we are now waiting for the f*cking verdict. But this has to stop now. Something must be done or we will wait forever.

LocoColt, I still want you to judge this. I am convinced that if you let us down with the judging, this whole war will go down the sewer. But the way you acted left me with no other choice than to take action.

This truely sucks.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Akira's Avatar
    I must also concur the choice to keep Loco as the judge, but of course he himself can also see why some people's patience is beginning to thin down to nothingness. I would gladly wait but a few more days if we were at least GUARANTEED that it would be done upon that deadline.

Also, what I think seems to be annoying some is that there was talks of only one more battle needing to be judged (since you said that you had the others done, Loco). Some are unable to see why just a mere battle would take this long. But as I have said, I would greatly prefer you to bring this thing to its end, since anything else could take an eternity and a half.

The Old Skool Warrior Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't anticipating so many responses this morning.

I do apologize for my previous post. I was, as you could imagine, a touch frustrated. If any of you have ever worked retail during the holiday season, you'd understand. What's worse is that I didn't even get the chance to breathe on a computer Thursday, when I thought I'd have the whole day to do as I pleased.

So here's my bottom line.

I agree with Anomaly -- a verdict in December for a war that ended in October is ridiculous. Go ahead and consult amongst yourselves and find an acceptable unbiased council for this. But all I ask is that you give me until the end of the month.

I've got a day off next week that is after my grandfather leaves town, so I won't have any distractions. If for any reason I am unable to pass judgment by Friday, 01 December, then the party you have chosen will judge in my stead.

Is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    I wasn't anticipating so many responses this morning.

I do apologize for my previous post. I was, as you could imagine, a touch frustrated. If any of you have ever worked retail during the holiday season, you'd understand. What's worse is that I didn't even get the chance to breathe on a computer Thursday, when I thought I'd have the whole day to do as I pleased.

So here's my bottom line.

I agree with Anomaly -- a verdict in December for a war that ended in October is ridiculous. Go ahead and consult amongst yourselves and find an acceptable unbiased council for this. But all I ask is that you give me until the end of the month.

I've got a day off next week that is after my grandfather leaves town, so I won't have any distractions. If for any reason I am unable to pass judgment by Friday, 01 December, then the party you have chosen will judge in my stead.

Is that fair?
    Now that's a word. Even if waiting another week more or less ruins my plans, I can live with it and will gladly do so for the sake of a definite schedule and a fair and decent judgement.

As for a spare judge: I don't think that it makes sense. In addition, I am fed up with the whole process. The war has already turned out to be quite anti-climatic and negotiations about a different judge will not only prolong this story endlessly but also turn into one big annoyance. What we all fought for: victory; gleaming, lucent, sweet, inebriant, orgasmic victory! It will fade into nothing but relief.

So for a last time, I adjure you to bring this to an end.

Synthesized Ascension Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Zardoch's Avatar
    I think we could all wait that long for the verdicts to become finalized. So on Friday, December 1st, I suspect everything to finally come to an end. Anyone else should be able to agree with that since it's better than nothing.

Agreed, except Saturday is December 1st.

So is it friday or saturday?

The Old Skool Warrior Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, well whenever Friday is. I didn't look at a calendar.

And for those of you wondering what's taking so long -- it's the way I'm going about judging. Process is same as usual, but the follow-up is the big difference this time.

This isn't like a tournament, where I can say "you had these strengths and weaknesses and this is why this person won" in some simple little three-paragraph form. I'm going through all of these citing specific examples, as I figured you wouldn't want it any other way. It's like writing an essay for each thread, quoting whole sections and pointing out all sorts of shit within them. I tried to focus more on your strengths than your weaknesses when picking points for victory. That's what makes this so time-consuming this time around.

It's still not an excuse, but I figured the lot of you were wondering what the hell was taking so long this time around.

No problem, I send you my ready-to-use in-depth battle evaluation. Feel free to use it. I can also wrap in some of those left over Euro notes, I heard they are quite valuable in the US :D

Seriously, if the verdict will be that sophisticated, the monstrous delay would probably be worth it. I had lost all hope that we can bring this to a worthy end and my curiosity was almost dead, but now there is new ray of darkness on the shiny horizon.

Permanently banned Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A darkViVi's Avatar
    left over Euro notes, I heard they are quite valuable in the US
    Hahahahahaha!

Seems you are going more in-depth than I thought, Argentos. I shall be patient and put my hard feelings on the delays aside. As long this is worth the wait, take your time man.

But not too much time! ;)

I'm completely satisfied with the current decision, and friday sounds perfect! If the verdicts are really this in depth and sophisticated, I am indeed excited to see these evaluations. I'm sure that they will be just as exciting as the actual battles themselves.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Anomaly's Avatar
    I am grateful for the amount of thoroughness it seems you intend to put into this Colt, and I already said before that I not only anticipated, but wanted you to take as much time as you feel necissary to come up with a decision you're satisfied with. But things can get a bit out of hand sometimes. We don't need your every thought written out for us to dissect. Even if we disagree it would be irrelevent as we've already accepted that whatever judgement you make will be final.

Friday is fine. If the BOD want to try and come up with a replacement judge after that date, then I don't mind attempting to negotiate with them...however I agree with ToroMor that trying to get a judgement from someone after all this would feel a little meaningless...like picking someone at random out of a crowd to try and judge not just a work of art, but a mural of Sistine Chapel-like proportions.

I know how busy this time of year can get for us all. But I'd certainly wait a little longer for a full decision than prolonge these proceedings further for what could only be an inferior and disputed judgement.

Blog Entries
    No worries; it's not THAT intricate. It's just a solid reinforcement of points, though.

I have, in the past, had people ask me for more detail. This time, especially with what hangs in the balance, I figured I would be as thorough as necessary.

Blog Entries
    Final word to be posted this evening, in a few short hours.

Typing is painstakingly slow when you've one arm with which to do it.

I've got most of my notes hand-written, and while I had good chunks of things pre-typed, putting it all together (and typing out all of the final fight stuff) is what's left. Double-checking everything, laying in the quoted portions with the reviews, stuff like that. Nothing particularly difficult. If I had someone handy, I would dictate as to save the time.

I could use a slave or two right about now. XD

edit:
    Okay. Done typing for now. I'm seriously going to acquire a slave to finish the typing for me.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Prodigal Madness's Avatar
    Saw the post before I left from home... Went to my cousin's and did a 8 person Unreal Tourny 2k4. Lasted nearly 7 hours. Hung out for a bit. Came home...spent nearly an hour trying to find a road not flooded so badly that I couldn't drive through the water...

More than slightly annoyed that the final day, and results are said to be up in a "few short hours." Was hoping to go to bed after finding out. No offense, but if you're busy - why promise the end deal when you're not sure if you can do it? Why not just say they'll be up in a bit? =/ Been roughly 9 hours since the post.

x_x Now I've no clue if they're to be up shortly, or perhaps in another day or two...

Yeah, I've been wondering about that too.

How about you say who won now...then post WHY later. :p

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Nin`'s Avatar
    Argentos has only one arm? Which member of the BOD is responsible?! :D

*Whip lashes Argentos*

Haste! Haste!! Find those slaves, kin or otherwise; enslave them all!

^^;;
    Last edited by Nin`; 12-01-2007 at 06:04 AM.

How about you say who won now...then post WHY later. :p
    Ehmmm, now THAT would be really stupid. Completely taking out any of the suspense would thoroughly deflate the tension within this war, EVEN IF it has been on the downward course with all the delays.

Just give us an update Loco...how long still? Just be honest; we'd prefer that over an unrealistic assumption anyways.

I agree, post the results now and the evaluations when they're typed.
    We're all incredibly sick of waiting.

EDIT: oops two posts in between. I agree with Lucy.
    Last edited by ToroMor; 12-01-2007 at 06:09 AM.

Aye, results. Please

Why later. kk?

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Zephyr's Avatar
    Not all of us, it seems, are sick of waiting. A result without a reason is no result at all. Personally, I don't want to just know who won, I want to know how, and why they won. And even if the result gets posted before the write-up, we'll all still be waiting for the reason. So I, for one, am quite content to wait.

That being said, I am irate. People promising something by a certain time, and not delivering is something I dislike intensly. Sorry 'Colt, I'm just the kind of person who speaks his mind. I know it can't be helped that you've been unable to get them up, but it is still annoying. But since whining about it won't make it happen any faster, I'll stop there.

I just hope that the end result is worth all of this anguish. My heart leaps whenever I get an email saying there's been a reply to this thread, but then...
    Last edited by Zephyr; 12-01-2007 at 12:07 PM.

I was sort of kidding, which is why I put a :p at the end, but still...

And...did you call me...Lucy...?
    Last edited by Lucid; 12-01-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical Prophet
    My heart leaps whenever I get an email saying there's been a reply to this thread, but then...
    Boo! HAHAHA

I was sort of kidding, which is why I put a :p at the end, but still...

And...did you call me...Lucy...?
    Did I? *giggles* Just sort of kidding...

LocoColt, we are all on standby.
    It is now time to see the winner gleam in the immortal lustre of victory!
    And for the loser it is time to bite the bitter dust of defeat!

Quote Originally Posted by ToroMor View Post
    Boo! HAHAHA

Did I? *giggles* Just sort of kidding...

LocoColt, we are all on standby.
    It is now time to see the winner gleam in the immortal lustre of victory!
    And for the loser it is time to bite the bitter dust of defeat!
    Bwahahaha!

Beer for the winners! Humiliation and defeat for the weak!!
    Honor and glory! FOR THE HORDE!!

So................ any further news on this subject...?

Wow, I was so bored that I actually took the BoD quiz out of curiosity and got a 71%... >.>
    This doesn't make me a traitor does it? :x
    Last edited by Lucid; 12-02-2007 at 06:01 PM.

It makes you a naughty spy.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast