Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Nin`'s Avatar
    Agreed. I shall take the first post. By the way, Lucid...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid
    You should feel lucky Neko, dear...
    My opponent has to spend 500 million years just talking about his six foot long sword...
    Is this your way of insinuating complaint? Perhaps some form of objection? Because, if so, then I really wish that you would have made your line of sentencing a little clearer. Or perhaps it was just meaningless criticism on your behalf - without a point, which, may I remind you would be considered malapropos in a thread based specifically on open Q&A.
    Last edited by Nin`; 08-21-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Personally I wouldn't mind starting, but if Nekoness wants it otherwise, then I am all for letting her decide.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Akira's Avatar
    Seeing as my opponent, Paradoxical Prophet has granted me the honor of first post, I shall be as noble as to accept his offereing. Let it be said, here's to an excellent duel between skilled warriors.

I'm more than ready to unleash the forces of darkness.

This is my sin... Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Lucid's Avatar
    Take it however you like. I don't feel the need to explain myself.

The Old Skool Warrior Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As PM'd to Anomaly and ToroMor:
    Yes, please.

I'm hijacking a friend's internet as it is.

My computer actually works perfectly fine, but it's the problems with the phone lines in the area that have the DSL completely fucked. No phone means no internet... but I'd rather be stuck with the RARE outage from DSL than with cable or satellite when it comes to the internet. They were supposed to fix this on Thursday or Friday, but they never made it out to the neighborhood. Being the weekend, I expect it won't be up until next week.

Balls.

I will post this message in the forum as well; know that the two of you are now in charge of getting this underway. I trust that you both can work up something amazing. All of my notes are at home, and sadly, I am not. I want this to get underway as much as you do.

I only have one stipulation, and that's on how Toro gets INTO the fortress. He's gotta step onto a magical teleportation trap. There's no other feasible way for him to get inside. I'd like for your fight to start somewhere dark and cramped, thus forcing you to move toward more open areas.

Also, Bryan's fight needs to be the one to the East -- as the Prince of the East, it only makes sense that he would attack from that direction.

Otherwise, you can come up with something as good as I can, and quite possibly better. I leave it all in your hands, gentlemen.

I hope this phone issue is fixed soon.
    At least I've got my cell to pass the time.
    The "yes, please" was in response to them asking if they should collaborate to get this underway themselves. The question is very definitely answered. Please let the two of them work together to get it going without adding in a ton of unwanted input... too many cooks in the kitchen, as the saying goes.

I'll be scarce this week until the issue with TEH INTARWEBZ is resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A Anomaly's Avatar
    If there is any doubt as to who has the first post in your specific duel, please voice so here. I know some have already decided between themselves and posted the result here, but if there's any who've not reached an agreement we need to know so that a decision on who has first post can be decided NOW.

Otherwise I believe it should be first come, first serve in the absence of a coin toss.

I don't mind at all. Sir Kenneth would you like to start or should be the one to start?

Just don't forget to inform me.
    =]

Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A ToroMor's Avatar
    Here's the current first post board:
    Sundering Dimensions: Bryan
    Requiem of the Wicked: Anomaly
    Minds Inflamed: Nin
    Waste of Time: Akira
    Natural Disaster: First come first serve

For the deadline: since we have exactly 3 weeks delay from the original schedule, I strongly suggest that we prolong the deadline by this span.
    That would mean, the clash will end on

November 2nd
    in the year 3 of Doom (2007 in your mortal realm),
    at 11:59 pm Standard Doom Time (23:59 CET).

And now, all that is left for me to do here is to growl you a heartily battle chant.

War!
    Nuclear warheads are ready to fight
    Total destruction the only might
    We are all suicide, without brain
    People are running and dying in pain

Burst command til war!

The overkill is near
    Nobody feel the heavy fear
    Thousand megatons dynamite
    Wait to kill one life

Burst command til war!

We live our life in grieved desire
    Our hopeless is getting higher
    You cry for freedom, but nobody hear you
    The end of the world is true

Burst command til war!

War, war, war

I have informed Nekoness that i will let her start our battle. I think that taking the last lines of Anomaly's introduction post into consideration, it would be better for the flow of the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ToroMor
    For the deadline: since we have exactly 3 weeks delay from the original schedule, I strongly suggest that we prolong the deadline by this span.
    That would mean, the clash will end on

November 2nd
    in the year 3 of Doom (2007 in your mortal realm),
    at 11:59 pm Standard Doom Time (23:59 CET).

Hmm...agreed. Though November 1st at 00.00 would be interesting, I'll probably be busy that night.

Glad to see the posting order is worked out. I'm afraid I hadn't thought ot take that into consideration when making the intro's for each battle, but then I don't think it really would've effected it overly much.

Haha yeah. Anyway, we'll be able to have a nightmarish Halloween finish, with dancing readheads, broomsticks and such...

Permanently banned Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A darkViVi's Avatar
    Haha!

Well it's official(?)... (apparently), I will step in for Bryan since the slothy bastard missed his deadline, so expect this bastards character sometime tomorrow.

Bloodshot eyes - Metal skin
    Serpents tongue - Tiger claws
    Dragon wings - Crooked horns
    K.I.N.G

Beholding the might
    In its dawn of grace
    In its beauty and light
    In its pride and glory
    Rushing torrent - Time and space
    Elder lords - Crack the soil
    Gone or dead - You've never been
    Kingdom come - Hear the roar
    Climbing down
    To rule the earth
    Last edited by darkViVi; 09-23-2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Shortened!

Well, well...what a predictable turn of events...

I'm not surprised though.

But was your little chant really neccessary?
    I swear all you guys ever do is spam on this forum.
    Last edited by Lucid; 09-23-2007 at 08:19 PM.

Permanently banned Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A darkViVi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post

And the above is not spam? *rolls eyes* (for your information, yes it was necessary, indeed. Thank you for asking.)
    Oh and if you do have any objections.. I'm sure nobody would mind waiting for Bryan to get back into it (which may take a while.)

Anyway, enough of this pointless bickering, I have a question. Do we make a new battlethread or do we continue on the old one?

EDIT: Ok, it was a bit long... :D
    Last edited by darkViVi; 09-23-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post

Hush, don't let it get near you. *Hands Kleenex*

Bloodaxe, you jump in Bryan's thread, write a transition (how you take over in character) and then - continue.

Welcome to the festivities DarkViVi, I hope you last longer than the one who came before you.

*sigh* Looks like the Mental battles already a mess, as if that was not expected. I suppose each side can keep saying the others in their own little world over and over, in each post, each constructing their own version of reality.

Are we going to need to get Colt to step in on this one, or would it be too much to expect the matter to be resolved amoungst ourselves so that the battle can proceed without the ridiculous posturing?
    Last edited by Anomaly; 09-26-2007 at 12:03 AM.

The Old Skool Warrior Brotherhood of Doom v. The Masters: Open Q&A LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Considering I refuse to step into anything until all is said and done, it's up to the writers to iron things out. All claims of unfairness or godmodding or anything of the sort will be ignored until final judgment. (The prior sentence doesn't pertain to any specific thread or member; just throwing it out there for the record.)

If you think the mental battle is a mess then it is only because I did not appreciate Lucid *attempting* to indirectly control my character, i.e. what my character *actually* saw/perceived, and where my character *actually* was.

What makes it worse is that he completely ignored the abilities of the mask my character wears. And if you had properly noted I did actually conform, for the sake of overall flow, to Lucid’s “reality” during the end. The rest of my post was more explanation and clarification from Nin’s perspective. I don’t think that the two of us were a particularly good match up, but oh well.

For the record, bear in mind this is my first RPB battle so please don’t expect me to become an expert on how things are *meant* to be in the course of a few weeks. But that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to try. I’m open to suggestion/opinion.

*nod* Very well, perhaps this can be worked out via pm then.

Just to clarify, Lucid never tried to mess with your characters perceptions. He's hotwired the gate itself to his mind, as such you'd have to destroy HIS MIND in order to destroy the gate or the setting in which you find yourself. As such there is no illusion invovled, everythings real, no illusion or mental projection.

But if you two decide to alter your posts, I'll leave that up to you.

Blog Entries
    I think I can make an exception to the editing rule for this instance.

I think I fully understand now what Argentos meant when he made the recommendation somewhere that RPBers converse with other in order to collaboratively create the best story possible.

So yes, if Lucid would like to converse with me via PM or MSN (I don’t mind which) over what to do and where we go from here, I would very much welcome it. We still have 37 days of battle left; let us not waste them needlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly
    He's hotwired the gate itself to his mind, as such you'd have to destroy HIS MIND in order to destroy the gate or the setting in which you find yourself.
    Ok, that’s fair enough. But why wasn’t this vital piece of information included in his character profile? I read no hint of his mind being so intrinsically connected with the gate itself. If I had known this I would have probably revised my initial attack.

But then, I didn’t actually say that my character had destroyed the gate, I said that Nin ripped it apart. If Lucid had come back at me with saying something like how he regenerated it, and then further explained to my character over how his mind was connected to the gate, and that I would first need to destroy him, then there wouldn’t have been any confusion (nor frustration) on my part.

All he said was:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid
    By merging my mind with the gate, I was able to distort your readings and input my own information, allowing you to see what you wanted to see."
    He didn’t clarify that he was intrinsically connected to/apart of the gate. And as the above quote suggests, I think it is quite clear that he did try to alter/distort my characters perceptions. This I consider indirect control over my own character, which I did not appreciate. He should have at least left me with the option of whether or not I wanted my character to be so deceived by him.

But yes, my hope is that we can sort this out as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    I think I can make an exception to the editing rule for this instance.
    Should we require this option, thank-you.

Regards,

Nin
    Last edited by Nin`; 09-26-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Hail warmongers and warriors!

I just got back from the abyss of the internet-less world, for some strange reason I haven't been able to go online for 2 days now. Thinking it was my computer at fault I have been trying to fix this rather than finishing my char's bio. It will however be posted sometime during the night.

I am sorry for the delay. I know this war has been delayed enough already so I will post soon Griffith.

Just for reality sake, my character wouldn't magically know about the mask in the first place unless you told him, because I obviously can't read your mind.

Just because I know something doesn't mean my character would know as well.

I probably should have explained things better, but whatever. I'll work with the current post.
    Last edited by Lucid; 09-26-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Just to make sure I don't miss my deadline, can someone post the deadline in either SDT or CET?

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the "technicians" you described would really have no reason for confronting Nin in the first place. They're obviously not soldiers, so why risk leaving the safety and defenses of the control room?

Lucid sure as heck wouldn't recklessly send them out like that.
    Last edited by Lucid; 09-27-2007 at 05:19 PM.

[Lucid] Just for reality sake, my character wouldn't magically know about the mask in the first place unless you told him, because I obviously can't read your mind.

[Nin`] Your character was born with psychic abilities was he not? I’m sure that you could have come up with some creative means of “knowing”, however vague. Hell, if you had asked me via PM, I would have been nice enough to give you one.

[Lucid] Just because I know something doesn't mean my character would know as well.

[Nin`] But you are responsible for directing your characters actions. Since you did know, you should have directed them a little better. I for one can think of three things which would have been better for you to do:

1: PM me and ask if you could alter/distort (and control) my characters perception, as well as placing him in a new environment.

2: Not try to alter/distort (and control) my characters perception, but, instead, find some other creative means around your problem; i.e. regenerate the gate and come back at Nin with a detailed explanation over how you are connected with it.

3: Attempt to distort my mind, but leave the option of whether or not I wanted to be so deceived by you to my discretion.

[Lucid] I probably should have explained things better…

[Nin`] Agreed.

[Lucid] I'll work with the current post.

[Nin`] As you wish, though I still suggest that we work collaboratively with each other via some common means of communication (PM, MSN, etcetera). Do you agree?

[Lucid] Another thing I'd like to point out is that the "technicians" you described would really have no reason for confronting Nin in the first place.

[Nin`] They were mere fodder, nothing more. Just some added flavour, and means to a higher explanation, on my part. Although why you feel the continuous need to nit pick, and complain in here, is beyond me.

[Lucid] They're obviously not soldiers, so why risk leaving the safety and defenses of the control room?

[Nin`] The gate was smashed; the defences were ruined. And, as I already hinted at, after dispatching the armies of the brotherhood from the gate itself, the squad of masters (including the technicians) gained some sort of valiant encouragement.

[Nin`] Had I wanted to I could quite easily have gone on, explaining how they were perhaps inspecting the gates external damage so that they could properly repair it. But I didn’t feel the need to go into it. Why? Because they were not that important.

[Lucid] Lucid sure as heck wouldn't recklessly send them out like that.

[Nin`] I suggest that you forget about such trivial issues; it’s really not important. Anyway, Lucid seemed too busy with “other things”. I didn't want to disturb him.

[Nin`] Lets just concentrate on “us” shall we?
    Last edited by Nin`; 09-27-2007 at 07:18 PM.

To fix things, I'll have to edit my first post...then you'll have to edit yours as well...

That sounds like an ominously messy task…

Since I have some free time now, I highly suggest that we meet via an instant messager to collaborate on this. This should speed the process up, plus leave less clutter in here unnecessarily – which we should probably delete after this.

Check your PM box.

Well the way it is now entirely messes up the flow.

There's really no way around it because if you say that my character now thinks that the gate is still intact then all the dialogue that I've said seems stupid.

Plus, if your character can't see the magical barrier then there's no reason for me to even write it in.

I don't mind editing or rewriting.
    Last edited by Lucid; 09-27-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Look, I may perhaps be able to help both you and the situation here, but first I really need for you to check your PM box, and for you to reply. Or send me your MSN IM address, if you have one.
    Last edited by Nin`; 09-27-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast