Thread: Warrior of Light

A Plain Old Derp Warrior of Light Padraic's Avatar

Warrior of Light

I think this goes here but if not, mods move it please

Well you know warrior of light in Dissidia right? How he's purple and his horns point in the air? His EX mode is with the horns pointing in front of him. In the CG opening to FFI on the psp and on the logo of FFI it shows horns in front version. So why is it that thats the ex mode? shouldn't that be his normal costume?

.............. Warrior of Light smurphy's Avatar
    I get the impression the character designers were given free reign in regards to designing characters from the 2d FFs. Bartz looks nothing like the character in 5 and i wouldnt have recognised the onion knight if i wasnt told. That said i thought they did a great job with Firion and the warrior of light given what they had to work with. The direction of the horns is just semantics.

Registered User Warrior of Light Zeza's Avatar
    I think is a detail for fans. For example, the alternative Terra´s suit is the original from FFVI.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32214&dateline=125650  5007

Registered User Warrior of Light Toxo's Avatar

Re: Warrior of Light

The designs were based on Amano's artwork.

Lali-hoe, I mean, ho!

Memento Rhapso Warrior of Light Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I think he has a point, why did they put Cloud's AC costume as alternate and not basic? They sorta have a whole reverse scheme going on here so why let Cloud throw it off?

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Registered User Warrior of Light Toxo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    Well I think he has a point, why did they put Cloud's AC costume as alternate and not basic? They sorta have a whole reverse scheme going on here so why let Cloud throw it off?
    Because Amano didn't have any other designs for those characters? He had multiple designs for characters like Firion or Cecil, but he had only one for characters that were originally designed by Nomura.

I think Terra had only one (+ the Esper form), too and many still remember Terra as the green-headed girl, so it would only make sense to have her alternative costume based on her sprite from the game. Kefka had more than one colour designs from Amano, so that's why his alternative was based on them.

Lali-hoe, I mean, ho!

Registered User Warrior of Light tetsu346's Avatar

really?

I want to play a game. Warrior of Light Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tetsu346 View Post
    really?
    Oi! You need to have more in your post than just one word or three words for the matter. I've seen your posts in "Am I the only one?" in the FFVIII section and "Final Save" in the FFXIII section and they along with this post need more substance or the mods will notify or give ye a warning. Also, you may want to take a gander at your post in the "FF IV Advance or DS?" you mention Final Fantasy III as being hard because in the "place of darkness" there is no save point; that would be for the Final Fantasy III board not in the FF IV section.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 05-10-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

ohh sorry D= i dont remeber all the final fantasies i played and the FF3 one was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Toxo View Post
    Because Amano didn't have any other designs for those characters? He had multiple designs for characters like Firion or Cecil, but he had only one for characters that were originally designed by Nomura.

I think Terra had only one (+ the Esper form), too and many still remember Terra as the green-headed girl, so it would only make sense to have her alternative costume based on her sprite from the game. Kefka had more than one colour designs from Amano, so that's why his alternative was based on them.

really i dont remember terra having another costume i thought she only had one

I want to play a game. Warrior of Light Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tetsu346 View Post
    really i dont remember terra having another costume i thought she only had one
    Yep, all or a vast majority of the artwork done by Amano of Terra, she has yellow hair. For the game they decided to change the color of her hair I guess to go along with her uniqueness in existence and name.

Also, it would've been better if you just had edited your post from yesterday to include what you recently just put up. Or you could have used that in your first post in the thread to make it fuller.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Quote Originally Posted by Padraic View Post
    I think this goes here but if not, mods move it please

Well you know warrior of light in Dissidia right? How he's purple and his horns point in the air? His EX mode is with the horns pointing in front of him. In the CG opening to FFI on the psp and on the logo of FFI it shows horns in front version. So why is it that thats the ex mode? shouldn't that be his normal costume?
    That is a good observation. I wish I noticed stuff like that.

After a few close looks at some of the different character designs and artwork, it is pretty noticeable now. Thanks for the notice. It is good nerdy stuff for me to make my friends mad at me for mentioning.

Registered User Warrior of Light Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

The reason his horns face forward in the original art is because he is in the next class, also on Dissidia when you go EX it says Next class or something and that's how you know that the horns are suppose to face forward.

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature