Thread: TFF's "Let's Play Together!" (FFI)

Blog Entries

TFF's "Let's Play Together!" (FFI)

You heard that right, the title explains it all.

Basically, I'm bored as hell right now, and with school returning in a couple of weeks for me, I'm going to try and play through all of Final Fantasy I before I have to crack open some books again. This thread is an open invitation to anyone who would like to try to go through the same thing with me, and it can be used to discuss our playthroughs, for questions, advice, and so on. So jump on in, get your nostalgia glasses on and play the game that started it all with me!

DAY 1. (playing on the NES version, because I am that damn oldschool. Bitches.)

Well, as I decided to pick my party, I wanted to try something a little new while still having some challenge for myself. I decided on a party of:

Fighter
    Black Belt
    Thief
    White Mage

I figure that for the most part, having a Fighter/White Mage is pretty much the best duo in the game, as they both complement each other very well. Black Belt is kinda sucky early game, but makes up for it with his power of whoop-assness at the end. Thieves I normally hate, but I wanted to try something different and wanted to see how bad they really are. My party kinda suffers from battles with lots of enemies as there is no Black Mage to simply blast away the masses with his spells, but then again I'm hoping that I can chop through the mess with my three melees if need be.

Well, I started off pretty well, though my Black Belt died in the second battle . After getting him revived, I got up to level 3 and pwned Garland like he was my little stepchild. I said "sup" to the princess, she gave me her shiny guitar and I played that g-string like it was my job if ya know what I mean *bow chicka wow wowww* Anyways after having a bridge built in my honor I crossed over and started doing a bit of grinding in Provoka. I checked in to the hotel in time for continental breakfast, then went out to the swamps southeast, where I fought Spiders and Ogres, which weren't too fun. The Ogres liked ganging up on my black belt apparently and made quick work of him many a time, and even though the spiders paid out 50 gold pieces a pop, the fact they could poison you, which costed 75 gold kinda negated out the profit factor. After dinging to level 5, I ran games on the Pirates of the Carrib- er I mean Pravoka and got me ship! I grinded some cash/exp out on the boats (the sharks are pretty handy for that for the damage/cash/exp formula that is up in my mind at the moment) and its been boats and hoes ever since, with my team nearing level 6 as I am trying to get some money to afford things for Elfland, where everything is rediculously overpriced and the people there are xenophobic arrogant bastards (much like Japan).

-----

Let's see some people join in on this already!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I can do my 4 Thief game again.

Certified tech, come at me! TFF's &quot;Let's Play Together!&quot; (FFI) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wanna play! I'll do the nes version so I will have beaten that one for the first time.

[EDIT] Ok so i started my playthrough with two warriors, a black mage, and a white mage. The beginning is pretty tough for an rpg -_- but i still enjoy the game. I'm at the part where you have to rescue Sara. I have a good strategy for those starting out. Whenever you get into trouble having low hp and stuff and you're in the world map area try taking a few steps and then stopping for a few seconds and then rinse and repeat the process to get yourself into a close by town without engaging a battle. It worked for me so far. If it doesn't work for you, i'm sorry.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 08-07-2009 at 09:12 PM.
    Currently Playing:

8/8/09
    4 thieves is annoying. I have to use potions and I have to spend a lot of time outside the town leveling. I just obtained the ship and my thieves are all lvl7. Going to level to 10 before I set sail.

Certified tech, come at me! TFF's &quot;Let's Play Together!&quot; (FFI) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've gotten that far as well. My black and white mages keep dying and its been a real pain ><. Eventually I'll really pick up in character progress.
    Currently Playing:

combat ready TFF's &quot;Let's Play Together!&quot; (FFI) nocht's Avatar
    im playin my 4 red mage team ^^