Thread: FF1 for PSP HELP!!!

supahbudz

FF1 for PSP HELP!!!

Hi, I just got FF1 for psp and just finished killing Lich. Then I read something that you can get strong items inside Earthgift shrine after you kill Lich. So I went there, and can't kill the 4 bosses, and there's no exit too, im level 21, I saved my game in this cave and I'm stuck here, what should I do? I don't even have the skill that warps you back outside the world map

Here's the dude that wrote it:

Hint: An Unlimited Item
    After unlocking the Earth Gift Shrine (by relighting the Earth Crystal), head there to find an item that increases your life permanently by five (it’s in the desert section of the Shrine). If you continue on in the shrine and lose to one of the four bosses within, it will send you back to the beginning of the Shrine, but you’ll still have that item. What’s more, you can get the item again when you proceed through the Shrine once more. You can repeat this process over and over again to get the item as many times as you want!

Submitted by Andy

IGN: Final Fantasy Cheats, Codes, Hints & Secrets for PSP

#LOCKE4GOD FF1 for PSP HELP!!! Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As I remember it (played this about... 3 weeks ago), if you lose, then it just takes you out to the start (the room with the dwarf in it), so you can just exit to the world map. BTW, all those shrines are best left to after, or just before, the last boss.

Failing that, if you don't want to start again, then you'll just have to train to beat one of the bosses. Check online to see which one has the lowest HP. I think the Ecnada (no idea if that's the correct spelling... it's red, and is hanging upside down from the roof) is the easiest in that shrine.

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    It's better to wait and try to do these quests later on, but if you are stacked in levels (like 30+) then you may have a chance taking down one of the bosses. Theres a couple of ways going around fighting these bosses if you want to try to get out alive, however.

Echidna (4800 HP) can utilize many different instant death techniques, like the spells "death" and "earthquake". If you wait and get some Protect Rings in Gaia later on, you can pretty much whoop this trick with ease, since it really doesn't have much else to use except Flare (which is seldom casted by her).

The Cerberus (4000 HP) route is a bit easier however. It's main attack that it uses happens to be "thunderbolt", which can be reduced if you have a mage cast "Nulshock" at the beginning of the battle. Even with this, though, Cerberus can be a tough character that is more than likely to spam "thunderbolt" a lot. Keep some heal spells on hand and make sure to keep the team alive.

The third route I would recommend would be to try to take on the 2headed Dragon (4500 HP). His only avenue of attack happens to be his physical attack, which can probably one-hit your team. Dispite all this, you can prepare for his hits if you keep your team buffed up, and realize that the Twoheaded Dragon also can be slowed, which will cut down on his damage and cause his attacks to miss occasionally.

The Ahriman (5000 HP) is probably the toughest of all. I wouldn't try it if it's your first time going through the cave.

Hope my tips will help you out if you decide to fight these old FF3 bosses. Good luck!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Paradigm Shift FF1 for PSP HELP!!! FFTheBest's Avatar
    I saved them until I came out of the Cavern of Ice at Level 32 and went into Earthgift Shrine and first went to Echidna:

Echidna:

HP: 4800
    ATK: 50
    Intel: 50
    DEF: 50
    MDef: 70
    Agility: 30
    Acc: 50
    Evasion: 1
    EXP: 0
    Gil: 0
    Item Dropped: X-Potion

Just slash her with a Fighter and Thief, White Mage using Healara or Healaga everytime, Black Mage casting Temper and Haste on Fighter and Thief and Echidna should go down in no time. Beware of her earthquakes which can cause instant death, have high evasion before the battle and equip everyone with a protect ring.

Unfortunely, you can't exit the door and so must teleport to the start and go through the Earthgift Shrine again. Now this time, head for Cerberus.

Cerberus:

HP: 4000
    ATK: 40
    Intel: 40
    DEF: 50
    MDef: 60
    Agility: 50
    Acc: 60
    Evasion: 50
    Item dropped: Kotetsu

Do the same as with Echidna, but don't worry about the protect rings. Also have the white mage cast NulShock at some point because Cerberus can cast Thunderbolt, which does about 100-200 damage to all allies depending on their MDef/Def, with NulShock, you can half it to 50-100 damage.

Then teleport out, go back again and go to B5...and this time head for the north-west room and face the 2-Headed Dragon

2-Headed Dragon:

HP: 4500
    ATK: 60
    Intel: 10
    Def: 50
    MDef: 50
    Acc: 50
    Evasion: 30
    Item Dropped: Bard's Tunic

Again, the same tactics as Echidna and Cerberus, but make sure you White Mage casts Invisra and Protetra on the party, to minimum 2-Headed Dragon's attacks to around 100 damage instead of 200 damage. Also add NulBlaze, becuase 2-Headed Dragon sometimes casts the "Blaze" skill on the party so watch out for that.

Now teleport out, go back in and retrurn to B5 for the final battle with Ahriman...

Ahriman:

HP: 5000
    ATK: 60
    Intel: 50
    Def: 50
    MDef: 100
    Acc: 65
    Evasion: 25
    Item Dropped: Dry Ether

Right, Ahriman is the most difficult out of all enemies and bosses in the Earthgift Shrine. Make sure your party is at least Lvl 45 or up. He uses Earthquake frequently so wear Protect Rings and cast Invisra and Protetra on the party. If you have NulDeath, also use that and if you have Healaga, NulAll and you White Mage is a White Wizard, use NulAll and Healaga every round because he uses "Blaze", "Thunderbolt" and "Icestorm" whenever he wants. If you don't have NulAll try to add all the Nuls. Have a Fighter and Thief attack, White Mage with the backup spells and healing and Black Mage casting Temper and Haste on the Fighter and Thief. Be aware that he's elemental attacks do around 300 damage to the entire party. But if your party is weak, he may use a physical attack which is a bit weak.

Now that you have cleared Earthgift Shrine, no need to return there again! And there's my little walkthrough on the Earthgift Shrine.

Selkie in training FF1 for PSP HELP!!! Silver Spyro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Weapon View Post
    As I remember it (played this about... 3 weeks ago), if you lose, then it just takes you out to the start (the room with the dwarf in it), so you can just exit to the world map. BTW, all those shrines are best left to after, or just before, the last boss.

Failing that, if you don't want to start again, then you'll just have to train to beat one of the bosses. Check online to see which one has the lowest HP. I think the Ecnada (no idea if that's the correct spelling... it's red, and is hanging upside down from the roof) is the easiest in that shrine.

Hope this helps.
    I agree with this guy, *The one I quoted* I haven't played FF1 for a long time, other than my new File which is only level 14 still... ^^; Anyway, this guy sounds a bit right, good luck. (?)
    Call me Silver.