Thread: Are FF1+2 any good on PSP?

Question Are FF1+2 any good on PSP?

They got some bad reviews on IGN and that kind of made me stutter on buying them but I value your guyses opinions more. So, what did you guys think of the PSP versions?

Blog Entries
    I'd say if you don't own them on another system, like the nes or the gba, then I would recommend you getting them.

I think the reason that some people don't like them is because that the GBA/PSP ports have been "dumbed down" in a way, making them easier for people to play. Other then that, I really don't see a problem with them. I think out of all the ports and remakes of FF1/2, the ones on the PSP look the best, graphically-wise, which is a plus.

All in all, if you do not own them on another system already, then go and get the PSP version. You will not be disappointed.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'd say if you don't own them on another system, like the nes or the gba, then I would recommend you getting them.

I think the reason that some people don't like them is because that the GBA/PSP ports have been "dumbed down" in a way, making them easier for people to play. Other then that, I really don't see a problem with them. I think out of all the ports and remakes of FF1/2, the ones on the PSP look the best, graphically-wise, which is a plus.

All in all, if you do not own them on another system already, then go and get the PSP version. You will not be disappointed.
    Thank you for the answer

I assumed that, that was the reason they got bad reviews was because they were remakes.

Certified tech, come at me! Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    However! i have an opinion on this. I would stick with Dawn of Souls for the gba because it is a better deal. you have to buy the psp ones separately and those versions pretty much use the script from the GBA version. Thats all I have to say about the subject.
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin2005 View Post
    However! i have an opinion on this. I would stick with Dawn of Souls for the gba because it is a better deal. you have to buy the psp ones separately and those versions pretty much use the script from the GBA version. Thats all I have to say about the subject.
    I don't have a GBA anymore, and even if I did, the games would be harder to obtain. I assume that I could get these two pretty much anywhere since it's on a system that is still active rather than being retired like the GBA is.

Paradigm Shift Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? FFTheBest's Avatar
    I own Final Fantasy I on PSP and earlier brought Final Fantasy II on PSP as well, they are both great, but Final Fantasy II pulls down because of the terrible levelling-up system.
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    It is most likely to be good on the PSP. Happy Posting

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Selkie in training Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? Silver Spyro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin2005 View Post
    Yeah, get dawn of souls. It saves money.
    Call me Silver.

If you don't have a GBA, the PSP versions are like second-hand for it. Your more likely to obtain then on PSP than on GBA, which the games, they don't sell anymore.

Just got both of them today on EBay for 20 bucks each. What should I expect with these games? Are they as fun as the more modern FF games?

Well, the battle system style is the same as Final Fantasy III and IV were (Not in the DS version) but updated. Added Dungeons, much brighter, problem with Final Fantasy I is that you can't exceed 999 HP, even though Curaja restores 9999 HP. Well with Final Fantasy II exceeds 999 HP all the way to 9999 HP, problem is with FF II is that it's levelling up system is awful, I'm not going to explain to you what it is because it's all in the manual. They both are great games, you'll enjoy them, and don't miss the secrets!

Registered User Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    I haven't played FFI or FFII, but on the psp version is there any changes apart from the graphics

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Death Before Dishonor Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I havent played it either but I would assume that is the only change...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

ive been thinking about getting it too. since i just sold my ds to buy a psp

Currently Playing
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Fallout 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4

Registered User Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    I kinda hacked my PSP, so now i just download the games i want and put them on my memory stick

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Registered User Are FF1+2 any good on PSP? Rnin's Avatar
    I'd recommend with the Gameboy Advanced Final Fantasy I + II Dawn Of Souls.