Thread: FF IIj technical issue

MegaBehemoth4460

FF IIj technical issue

Hey folks, I've been trying (and trying) to finish FFIIj (this is to dinstingush the game from the American II, which is actually FFIV). I've run into this grand problem of the lower three levels of the Sea Of Jade being "missing", beginning at the waterfall, and not being able to progress. I'm playing the NeoDemiforce v1.03 (basic version, no a1's or hm01's after the filename) ROM on my FCE Ultra NES emulator on my Windows XP. I heard that ROM was supposedly the best, and I tend to agree after playing the "so-called" US prototype where they kept saying stupid things like "Empires" and "Rebellions", calling the mithril "silver", and referring to the Ice Sled as the "snowship" (gag me with a spoon). I also ran into the same grand problem of an unfinished Jade dungeon that one as well. So, I'm wondering, do I have the wrong emulator, the wrong ROM, need to tinker on the program, get a patch or what? Any help would be much appreciated. If you have any ROM related advice, please DON'T post me direct links to them, since it was not the intent of my question to get myself or anyone else in trouble. Well, later folks, hope you can help me.
    Attached Images Attached Images FF IIj technical issue-0-png 

I want to play a game. FF IIj technical issue Zargabaath's Avatar
    Really? Have you researched Final Fantasy II? And I would say that a vast majority of us know which game is Final Fantasy II - this isn't the 90s.

To help you in your dilemma: Final Fantasy II has been released multiple times on multiple mediums in the U.S and other regions (I don't know where you live that's why I include both). Price ranges will be taken from Amazon and listed in American dollars; if you don't want to buy the game, shame on you. Final Fantasy II is not a long game so you want have to work as long to get to where you were and if since you have joined a Final Fantasy community you should be willing to support the series.

• Final Fantasy II (PSP) Price Range: New 19.99, Used 14.47

• Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (GBA, includes Final Fantasy & Final Fantasy II) Price Range: New 24.99, Used 8.25

• Final Fantasy Origins (PS, includes Final Fantasy & Final Fantasy II) Price Range: New 15.49, Used 9.36

As you can see if you have a PSP, a GBA, a DS or DS Lite, a Playstation, a PS2, or a PS3 you can play Final Fantasy II. The prices may have varied when you see them but it won't be by much at all.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

MegaBehemoth4460
    With all due respect, Zargabaath, I did not mean to insult your intelligence, but there is still a fair portion of people who still can't tell the real II apart from IV. And I did not sign on for a guilt trip about how "I must" buy something, I am dirt poor as are my prospects for employment, I was looking for help with a problem. If you wish to bash emulators and people who play them, I must point out that until those remakes were made, emulation was the only way to do those games (apart from owning a Famicom, which was and still is hard to come by even in the heyday of the NES). And as for supporting the series, I possess VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XI(and all it's expansions),XII, and Crystal Chronicles, so I have more than done my part. Might I suggest that you take your shame someplace else as it is completely wasted on me. Thank you.

I want to play a game. FF IIj technical issue Zargabaath's Avatar
    Buy the game and you'll be able to play the game without any problems.

And your "that was the only way to play the games back in the day" point does not justify the action, just to let you know. Nor does you having bought those games that you listed let you slide for not getting FF II. And this "fair portion" of people who can't distinguish the differences are very few and far apart. All the games in the main series have been released, coupled with the information on the internet - people know which game is which.

And if any other long-standing member or moderator knows for sure, please chime in to correct or affirm this: I believe it is against the policy of this site to support ROMs/Emulators.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post

And if any other long-standing member or moderator knows for sure, please chime in to correct or affirm this: I believe it is against the policy of this site to support ROMs/Emulators.
    It's against the rules to discuss where to go or what websites to use to obtain roms, because they are considered an illegal program, but MegaBehemoth is in the clear since he hasn't broken any rules.

Zargabaath, no need to be rude to the new guy. He was simply stating that he was clarifying which game he was playing so he could get some help on the deal. And as for giving him the whole "buy the real game" spiel, it's not necessary. A lot of people use emulators, and it is his choice to use one. I prefer to play games on emulators because it means I can speed up the gameplay so I don't have to grind levels for 30 hours. If you are not going to answer his question, then don't post in the thread.

To answer your question, I don't know how to fix the problem, but I would check where you got the rom and see if they have a patch for the game. Otherwise I would try finding another rom to play the game on, but check wherever you found the game first, because it would suck to redo everything when youre at the last dungeon in the game.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

If I may contribute my two cents, there is also no way to play the original NES version without using an emulator, seeing as though the original was never released in English. I have completed both the original FFII and III on an NES emulator, I do not understand Japanese so the fan-translated version was the closest experience I could get to the true original. Though the remakes on PS and GBA are really awesome (I have played and completed them) there is still something very nostalgic about playing the original NES versions. Unfortunately roms and emulators are the only way to do this unless you understand Japanese or happen to own a Famicom and a hacked cartridge.
    "Time...it will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on,
    It escapes you..."