Well I meant to do this a while back but I was waiting to hear back from the final member. Sadly that never happened. Either way, the tournament is dead. So I am going to open the floor for discussion on how to make it better. There was a lot of new things that were done that have never been done before for a RP. Overall, it probably feels more like this was a failure than anything, but I would like to at least get some things aired out so that the next tournament can be better.

The way this will work is I will provide a list of questions on what I would like feedback on. And you may answer all or none of them, preferrably some. And you can also leave your own thoughts. Just remember it needs to be helpful and constructive, because I want to do this again. However, I need to figure out what needs to be done to make better. Useless points like it was terrible, or people were too inactive is not going to help me and will probably see deletion.

• How did you feel the bracket system worked out for the tournament? Would have preferred a larger group and eliminations from the group rather than a systematic approach?
  • How did the sizes of the groups feel? Too small, too large? Would you have preferred to RP with only one other or a large group?
  • Do you think that the quests worked for a RP Tournament or would have preferred a larger more freeform venue?
  • The activity bonus was added in the second round, do you feel that it was useful or just pointless? If it was pointless what do you think would work to increase activity?
  • Do you think that the month deadline that was set is too short for the rounds to be completed in? What would be a better time if so?
One other thing that I wanted to bring up was an idea to try to correct one issue that I saw in the second round. During the second round people went back to making an introduction post and putting everyone together ignoring the fact that the start location was the town and that everyone was already together. Introductions eat up a lot of time. My idea to remedy the repeating introductions was having a larger group at the start and knock out people at milestones or deadlines and just have the RP continue as though they got left behind or departed to do something. That was the story is still going and not interrupted and there is no need to re-introduce yourself and get used to the group.

If the bracket system is kept, it would mean having a couple larger groups probably, or three, and after a couple rounds they might be reorganized if too many dropped out. Eventually when numbers became small enough they would come together.

However the largest problem the tournament faced was that people just stopped posting. The second round started off well and people were posting frequently in the first week, then nothing at all. I don't know what happened, but it just died for seemingly no reason. The first round saw a lot of people missing that never even posted.

I almost feel like it would be necessary to have people sign up and then a week before it starts sign in again saying that they are still around. Because I don't know what happened to half of them and not posting. I only put in people that posted a profile. So they had an interest at the start and then nothing.

Well please give me your thoughts as much as you can. The more you give me the better. And be as brutally honest as you want, since I want this to work out.