Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are there save points every 5 seconds?

Che

Why are there save points every 5 seconds?

I JUST saved! I'm good for a while!

I feel epic... Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Re: Why are there save points every 5 seconds?

Save points are over-doing it, a bit. Also, the battles would be impossible if not for the auto-healing... o_O

And the constant shift of situations is dizzying. Also, I still have no idea what the hell Vanille is using as a weapon... but its badass.

I just hope there's a leveling system in this game. So far, I'm fighting battle after battle with no results...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Why are there save points every 5 seconds? TehRealDinnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Save points are over-doing it, a bit. Also, the battles would be impossible if not for the auto-healing... o_O

And the constant shift of situations is dizzying. Also, I still have no idea what the hell Vanille is using as a weapon... but its badass.

I just hope there's a leveling system in this game. So far, I'm fighting battle after battle with no results...
    Hate to tell you this Ralz but the leveling system is somewhat of a stat booster that was taken in a new sort of form from FFX. There is no levels techincally besides your Commando, Healer, or paradigm shift level of that class. Character levels no.
    The only thing i see improving in my battles is my weapons depending if I upgrade it but the resources are so scarce it hurts to even think of spending the resources I have.

Save points is to cater to the noobs of RPG's. They over did it, infact I skip most just because if you die in a battle you just say retry and you auto spawn just a bit before that battle... no point in saving in my thoughts unless you have to go or you get to the end of the chapter your on.

Thank you Rnin! Credit is given to you for the Sig

Registered User Why are there save points every 5 seconds?

Haha.. I agree. There does seem to be an excessive amount of save points in the game, but I use them all anyway. =3 They're there, so why not? I finally gotten to where I can upgrade my weapons at a save point. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will, when I'm not quite so tired.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Our Hopes and Expectations Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Ernest's Avatar

It does seem excessive, but doesn't detract from the game at all. Im just waiting for enemies that actually cast spells and status ailments. Potion and Phoenix Down have been the only items for 7 hours.
    ____Ernest

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 Why are there save points every 5 seconds? chrono's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehRealDinnin View Post
    Save points is to cater to the noobs of RPG's.

The entire structure of the game caters to "noobs" of rpgs....just saying...
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Blog Entries

I believe I read they set up it so you're never more than about 10 minutes away from a save point. I personally think it's a fantastic idea. I can play before going to work without worrying too much about trying to find a place to stop and save. Very handy.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

SeeD Instructor Why are there save points every 5 seconds? theblackmonster's Avatar

no complaints on being able to save pretty much whenever i want, i love the save device that unfolds, very cool. i hope people dont really complain about the save thing, lets be real here honestly, if anything its extremely helpfull!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Its because this game is the living clone of final fantasy 10, didn't you play through the first chapter? I thought I was in Zanarkand for the first hour or so lol.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I want to play a game. Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Its because this game is the living clone of final fantasy 10, didn't you play through the first chapter? I thought I was in Zanarkand for the first hour or so lol.

Zanarkand? That place looked nothing like Zanarkand. What, the brigdes or walkways (whatever they're called) may be similiar to Zanarkand's but "Hanging Edge" doesn't have the same architecture (hardly any at all) as Zanarakand nor water that arcs throughtout the city. Eyes.

I don't know about a living clone but it does have inspiration from FFX.

I don't mind the save points as I save whenever I see and a player doesn't have to save either. Anyhuma, why are you complaining about save points? Rule number 1 of RPGs: SAVE OFTEN!!!

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

This ain't no place for no hero Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Tiffany's Avatar

I don't mind all the save points either. Although, if they were going to make so many of them, why not just go the extra distance and have it so that you can save whenever you open your menu?

I admit though, that concept is definitely NOT very FF.

Death Before Dishonor Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really have a problem with there being so many save points. I have been busy today and have had to turn my 360 on and off nonstop. If not for the mass amount of save points I would have left it on for a couple hours...

What is great about the save points is access to the store and you can upgrade from them. How f*cking sweet...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

A Plain Old Derp Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Padraic's Avatar

It seems that their are always enemies that are a little harder than the average ones in the areas, mini-bosses so to speak, and for everyone they're was a save point right before.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are loads. I think they're being put there because it is a new style of fighting which might take some time getting used to.

Also, don't forget that that's the only access you have to a store (I've not gotten far enough to see if there are actually any stores, but some how I'm doubtful) and to upgrade weapons. You might find that those ten Potions you picked up an hours ago have vanished.

Besides... you could just skip them... if you're brave enough.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

Indeed, particularly since you can just keep retrying fights until you win. Or give up. XD That was actually a problem I'd had with previous games, not just Final Fantasy games either. Most of the time when I play a game it's before work, not after. On more than one occasion I've had to shut my console down and lost an hour or more worth of progress because there simply wasn't a save point where I needed one and I never leave my consoles on when I'm not actively using them.

~DragonHeart~

Che

Later in the game (15 hours in?) I can see more of a gap between the save points, but not much. However, I now enjoy their presence thoroughly. It just seemed over the top in the beginning to me.

Tsuna Feesh Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Fate's Avatar

I can't help saving at every save point I see, which is so plentiful. Between the time it takes me to to get from one save point to the next, I couldn't even finish a canny bar. x3 But hey, better safe than sorry, I suppose. Still, I like being able to buy stuff often and upgrade items more. So it's definitely not a bad thing for me. =3

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Air elemental Why are there save points every 5 seconds?

there are a lot, but if you think about it, it is very easy to get a gameover, all the enemy has to do is grow a brain and concentrate there attacks on you, like those robots that use electrokick, that brings down your party quick if they focus on one person, unfortunatly that one person was my leader X3, but there not necessary cause u dont get thrown to the start menu, u just start a bit before the fight, so you can ignore them, there only really there for shops and upgrading....but i just cant help but to save at everyone i see XP also how you use edilons (or however u spell) i just got odin and had to turn it off, so i dont know how to use them, and i feel sorry for them, i mean turning into a form of transport, wouldnt that piss you off?

Galbadian Gunner Why are there save points every 5 seconds? vicentederek's Avatar

Will Final Fantasy XIII arrive here in the Philippines? It's supposed to come out on March 13, 2010, right?
    You don't need a reason to help someone.
    Final Fantasy Girls

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    I believe I read they set up it so you're never more than about 10 minutes away from a save point. I personally think it's a fantastic idea. I can play before going to work without worrying too much about trying to find a place to stop and save. Very handy.

~DragonHeart~
    This. It's very conveniant, especially if it's not uncommon for you to get shifts at the last minute every so often. Some games I wouldn't load up without an hour or two left before I had to get ready for work.

Though I would have felt it more balanced to have two kinds, one solely for saving (more common) and then one every so often with the store and everything.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

That would make sense too, wouldn't it. Items are pretty hard to come by though. I've noticed a distinct lack of Phoenix Downs in particular since finding a bunch in the beginning of the game. I've had to restock on them more and more often, too. =/ Stupid AoE spamming monsters.

~DragonHeart~

Che

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    That would make sense too, wouldn't it. Items are pretty hard to come by though. I've noticed a distinct lack of Phoenix Downs in particular since finding a bunch in the beginning of the game. I've had to restock on them more and more often, too. =/ Stupid AoE spamming monsters.

~DragonHeart~
    Renew, go!

My friend loves that there are save points around every corner. I mean just the other day he was just running around the level fighting when all of a sudden we had to leave and a save point was right next to him.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Air elemental Why are there save points every 5 seconds?

i noticed that gil is fairly scarce X3 after a few battles i realised im not winning any gil X3 then my mate told me that those chips that you use to upgrade your weapons by 1 or 2 can be sold for around 2500 gil each XD

Registered User Why are there save points every 5 seconds? winterborn86's Avatar

I'm not complaining about the save points, I love em, they suit my day because I come and go with playing FFXIII because of the kids being about, but the one thing I don't understand about the save points is why do they give you a save point after a battle (for example) then about 2 mins later give you another one during a cutscene, the sometimes another after the cutscene.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

All is One.One is All. Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Firefly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I thought it did too.Brings back good memories I had no probs with the save points,I thought it was a good idea to use lots of save points,because I am usually on the road alot and I need a good place to stop.For me,the excessive save points was a great idea
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Nhan-Fiction's Avatar

I realize that RPGs these days are much different than in the past, but come on – it was a luxury back in the day to get to a save point. Take classic games like FFIV. That game was so merciless with the opportunity to save, especially in the dungeons. Not only that, that game was significantly harder because you actually had to stock up on items to get through things. On the other hand, FFXIII coddles the player.

It's still a great game, regardless, but the game developers sacrificed the sense of accomplishment for the sake of convenience.

Crash Boom Bang Why are there save points every 5 seconds? Lily's Avatar

this does my head in. I'm first to admit I ocd with saving, but this is just over kill. It's like, corner, aw hiya save point, another corner...aw...hiya save point? Didnt I just....?

It's rather annoying, and is there even any need with the whole re-trying thing as well?

Registered User Why are there save points every 5 seconds? kupo's Avatar

there are waayy too many save points. i usually save about about every 4 or 5th one. on a positive note, its kinda nice if you don't have much time to play but you still want to get some gameplay in.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Lightning Farron

That's just one tiny 'flaw', I guess you could say, that doesn't really mean a whole lot.

The game itself is amazing and too many save points could just be put there by the designers to annoy you? x3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast