Thread: Who is in your battle party?

I iZ CoOl =] Who is in your battle party? TLO's Avatar

Who is in your battle party?

For me it is the ladies and I will explain why:

Fang is my party leader due to her having the ability, Highwind, it does massive damage due to Fang's high STR stat along with staggering an enemy.

I use Lightning as support as a Ravager and a Commando, Ravager to help stagger for Fang to kill, and Commando to help beat on enemies until the stagger gauge drops.

Vanille because she is a great Medic and helps out in a pinch, and I also use her Sab and Syn skills as well.

I apologize but I have beaten the game so I have moved on to their other roles, aside from the main 3 they start with.

The reason I use this party is for Adamantoise farming, I need Fang's Highwind ability to one-shot the legs to bring the Adamantoise down, so I can debuff it and beat it to an easy win =]

Blog Entries

Re: Who is in your battle party?

I like using Lightning, Fang and Sazh. The Cerberus role that they can use from the start is verrrry nice for inflicting lots of damage after the chain gauge is up. Speaking of chaining, Lightning and Sazh both are skilled ravagers, so this task comes very easily as well. Fang has got the Sentinel role covered and is perfect for soaking up damage and emnity, and her debuffing is nice to have as well (though admitingly not as good as Vanille's, but Fang can still get the job done!). As far as buffing goes, no one can mess with Sazh in that department, he obtains Haste at an early part of the game, and imo Haste is one of the most important buffs in the game.

Anywho, they got me throughout the whole game just fine, even though healing was one of the weaker points of the game because Lightning has only Cure/Cura for most of the game, I still managed fine
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Lone Dagger Who is in your battle party? Xithor's Avatar

Once I was able to control who I had in my party I've always only had three people and those three are Lightning, Fang, and Hope.

Lightning bc she is an all around force when it comes to her capabilities, she's just as good a commando as she is a skilled ravager and her Army of One always comes in handy when I want to keep driving up that Stagger gauge.

Fang is my brute force party member, mostly use her in two roles and those are commando and sentinel, but I throw in the occasional saboteur, especially when I'm taking down the Adamantortoise.

Hope is my third party member just because I like his character as a healer over Vanille, he has more magic points and is the most capable healer that I have. He also contributes very well as both a ravager and a synergist.

Lightning is usually my leader but when I am farming for CP I make Fang the leader because of her Highwind ability which brings down those Adamantortoise.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Registered User Who is in your battle party?

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    Once I was able to control who I had in my party I've always only had three people and those three are Lightning, Fang, and Hope.
    Haha... Me too! I had Fang as my lead most of the time though. I dunno. I just liked her character more.

Anyway, I pretty much kept those three, because I felt they had the best initial role setup for me to work with in battle. Fang mostly stuck with Commando and Sentinel roles, and Hope and Lightning would be my Ravagers and Medics. I also thought that Hope was a great Synergist, so I usually had my first Paradigm setup to have him buff up my characters.

When I felt I needed to, I would have Fang be a Saboteur, but working with Vanille a bit more, I find that I really like her in that role a little more. On my next playthrough, I'll have to use her more often. Nice to hear that she's a good Medic too. Maybe when I go through the game again, I'll stick with Snow, Sazh, and Vanille, just to see how I would do with mostly using those characters. Poor Snow and Sazh... I barely used them at all...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I iZ CoOl =] Who is in your battle party? TLO's Avatar

I've broadened out since I'm in the late-game portion of the game, but yeah I don't know who could be the best combo, because one you get all 6 roles, i mean unless you have like Hope being a Sentinel then they all have a purpose and could succeed =].

All personal preference really.

Iconoclast012

Lightning>Hope>Fang or Snow.

Vanille makes a great medic, but obviously she's annoying to have around, so I don't use her.

Sazh is cool but he's kinda weak all around...lower stats then everyone else, at least for me...

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Who is in your battle party? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I use the saaaaaame party as you my friend.
    And literally the same reasons as well.
    At first though, I had replaced fang with Snow, due to his high Hp and lightnings higher atk at first.

But at Chapter 12... it's all over hahaha

MaesterMika

My Alpha team is Lightning, Fang, and Hope. I use lightning cause she is my strongest ravager. Fang because lets face it, she's stronger than Snow. Hope for medic, usually but sometimes i use him for synergist or ravager.

The British Guy. Who is in your battle party? Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My main team right now in the start of chapter 12 is lightning as the leader fang and hope although im thinking of changing fang for snow as im stuck and killing the large turtle looking thing (im sure it has a name) was hard with hope because he must enjoy death but he is my healery synergy person so i cant disown him
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

some say............ Who is in your battle party? The Stig's Avatar

fang as a commando
    lightning as a ravanger
    hope as a medic and a ravanger
    Some say he's wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat... all we know is, he's called the Stig

Some say that his tears are adhesive, and that if he caught fire, he'd burn for a thousand days... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that his genitals are on upside down, and that if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci Code in 43 seconds... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say he isn't machine washable, and all his potted plants are called Steve... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

That depended. When I just wanted to play for fun, it was Sazh-Lightning-Vanille. But when it came to fights I really wanted to win as fast as possible, I changed to Fang-Lightning-Vanille. (Mostly because Sazh is WAY weaker than Fang, even his magic is weaker, but I really don't get WHY ^^")

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User Who is in your battle party? Aadria's Avatar

I use Lightning/Fang/Hope but like to switch out Hope for Vanille when it comes to battles in which my HP is raped simply because she's a better and more reliable Medic.

Death Before Dishonor Who is in your battle party? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The party I have used since I was able to actually change my shit is...

Snow- Leader
    Lightning
    Hope

They have proved to be a good team thus far. I haven't even used the others in quite some time. Shit I haven't used Fang except for the times that I had no other choice.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    That depended. When I just wanted to play for fun, it was Sazh-Lightning-Vanille. But when it came to fights I really wanted to win as fast as possible, I changed to Fang-Lightning-Vanille. (Mostly because Sazh is WAY weaker than Fang, even his magic is weaker, but I really don't get WHY ^^")
    it's because Sazh is item-dependant. He has weak stats but his weapon upgrades make up for it because he is able to obtain a lot of strength/magic through them.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2